Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Does Arthas deserve hell?

This has been discussed before, but I find it interesting. Arthas' intent was to save his people, but there came a point where vengeance became his top priority. At the expense of his soldiers, and his people. By the time Arthas found Muradin and Frostmourne, he was willing to do almost anything to kill Mal'Ganis. But was the lich king calling him before he got to Frostmourne? Or was it the trap that Mal'Ganis laid. And since he merged with Ner'zhul, who's will was it to kill all life on Azeroth? Was this Arthas? Or was it Ner'zhul? Who is to blame for all of the horrible shit that the Lich King has done. I mean, after he was defeated, and the helm of domination was off of him, a little of Arthas seemed to come back. Was it Ner'zhul the entire time in charge? And should Arthas pay in the afterlife?

Yes he should, if it was all Ner'Zhul he wouldnt have ressed Invincible.
    Arthas still had some control.

No one deserves eternal torment

He should pay for the metro hair cut he was sporting I can tell you that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefr0n View Post
    No one deserves eternal torment
    I agree with this.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if he had murdered every living thing on the planet, that's still a finite amount of villainy. Infinite torture doesn't follow from finite crime. Maybe make him watch Barney for a few centuries and call it even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was still Arthas despite he was corrupted from the outside due to frostmoune, So yes he deserves that torment even without the helm that was still him picking the decisions.

Hes already in Hell. If you read Sylvana's story on wow's site you will see she went to hell because she suicided and she saw Artha's soul crying like a little girl

Arthas walked straight into his own personal hell. He was dedicated to the path of vengeance long before you can blame any influence from the lich king.

Deleted
    Nah, he redeemed himself by being one of the best designed boss fights blizzard have ever made - if not the best. Hell - I wouldn't even be mad if Icecrown Citadel was merely a setback.

There's a line I've heard about a certain road being paved with good intentions ...
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Yes he should, if it was all Ner'Zhul he wouldnt have ressed Invincible.
    Arthas still had some control.
    Arthas did regain control, to an extent but at that point he was no longer who he had been before. The sword corrupted him to the point he felt no remorse, no guilt, and felt no compassion. Any human emotion he might have had in life was dead to him. That alone is reason enough I would disagree with this comment because at that point he basically was still a puppet to some extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Arthas walked straight into his own personal hell. He was dedicated to the path of vengeance long before you can blame any influence from the lich king.
    Pure obsession with vengeance got the best of him really; I mean he did try his best to help the his people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe anyone deserves to be tortured for eternity. the aftetrlife should be set up in a system like this

Heaven - The best afterlife
    Purgatory - the place where bad people eventually end up
    Hell - The place where bad people spend their sentence before being sent to purgatory for eternity

Hitler would spend 150 years in hell and then be sent to purgatory for eternity. Purgatory is like earth, but you never have eternal peace in heaven.

The people that aren't bad but aren't good would be sent to purgatory for a set time and then if they have changed be sent to heaven. If they still aren't good then its back to purgatory for another hundred years.

Yes, i know that ive spent way to much time thinking of this, and no im not trying to play god(s).

What I want to know, is this, Sylvanas hates the ever living daylights outta Arthas, and now has the ability to looksie here raise the dead. why doesn't she raise arthas so she can torture and destroy his soul for revenge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    How so? It wasn't until he encountered the scourge and killed Kel'Thuzad that he learned of Mal'Ganis and the plagued wheat shipments. Also, he had a weapon called "Light's Vengeance". Misleading?

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 06:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    What I want to know, is this, Sylvanas hates the ever living daylights outta Arthas, and now has the ability to looksie here raise the dead. why doesn't she raise arthas so she can torture and destroy his soul for revenge?
    His body was probably destroyed for that reason. Not because of Sylvanas, but anyone or anything that might get the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    He massacred innocent people before he became the Lich King. He was mad, but madness doesn't excuse horrific acts. Pleading insanity can only take you so far. He may have (for the most part) held back the Scourge, but he still killed millions. Saddam Hussein was apparently a loving father, but he still deserved hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    He should pay for the metro hair cut he was sporting I can tell you that much.
    Hey, I'll have you know that cut is totally in right now!

OT: I'm no lore nut, but yeah, I think so. He killed innocent people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Arthas, was the dominate being when he become the Lich King & Was the reason for Lordaeron's fall

No. I believe he lived in Hell as the lich king. If you think about it for a bit, it makes you wonder if Arthas was the most tragic and also the biggest victim in the whole scourge mess.