Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Get battery from car, some cabling, get rid of that rubber shit on handle, wire cables from battery to handle... They will learn to knock before pulling your handle on your door.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Get battery from car, some cabling, get rid of that rubber shit on handle, wire cables from battery to handle... They will learn to knock before pulling your handle on your door.
    I approve of this.

That looks like the kinda doors we have in my house and they are super easy to lock with just about anything, the tip of a pair of scissors, a pen, a screwdriver, a nail file.. Just about anything that will fit in there and then just turn... easy !
    Last edited by Aylasita; 2012-03-18 at 12:56 PM.
    Fentooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    as previously mentioned, a bolt lock is the easiest thing to just install on the door as a new lock.

that said, why exactly do you need to lock your door?
    the lock isn't going to make them close the door; you should put some common sense in their heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a new lock.
    Or Hang a sock on it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    that looks like a pretty regular door lock, just put a pen in there or something and try pushing the lock, you'll get a grip on it after some tries, its not hard at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    as previously mentioned, a bolt lock is the easiest thing to just install on the door as a new lock.

that said, why exactly do you need to lock your door?
    the lock isn't going to make them close the door; you should put some common sense in their heads.
    If they can't get in they won't need to close the door. I hate my family and they hate me. It's probably best this way.

Deleted
    Those kind of doors have about the same key, at least for me. I had a key from an apartment like 10 years ago and that key works on every normal indoor doors with locks xD

My older brother didn't have a lock on his door, he just had a handle. But he used to wedge a block of wood (well 2 x 4) which was long enough to reach the floor under the handle. So when someone tried to pull the handle down it wouldn't move.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    If they can't get in they won't need to close the door. I hate my family and they hate me. It's probably best this way.
    Sad to hear that.

My mum used to knock but then come in straight away (other than the knock being a 1 second warning for me, what was the fucking point in knocking in the first place?). One day I blew up on her for it and she didn't do it anymore ^^

Get the bolt lock:

Cheapest and best solution. Although, if you're living in your parents house (not sure of this?), adding a lock to your door without their permission could just make things worse. It is afterall their house.

edit: and the 'It might be your house but it's my room!' argument never worked for me ;P

Deleted
    So how do you mount one of these bolt locks?

Deleted
    You can use a normal key to lock/unlock that type of lock.

Just put the key in and make sure the notch is where the barthingy is and wiggle it abit until the lock losen up, then turn it and voila a locked door
    Don't force it though as the key might snap in half.

15+ Year Old Account
    So how do you mount one of these bolt locks?
    You screw it to the door and the doorframe. Screws usually come with the bolt lock.

Once you receive it you'll see it's rather simple.

A bolt lock won't work for that, the door isn't flush with the trimming, it's sinked in a bit, so the two holes wouldn't align for the bar. Those types of locks are primarily used on bathroom stalls.
    This however would work, but the guys coming in could still peak inside, but it would keep them out unless they got some bolt cutters. If you mounted the two pieces far enough apart though it might put enough high tension on the chain that they couldn't squeeze a part of bolt cutters through the narrow gap.

Last edited by muto; 2012-03-18 at 01:19 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    This is what I was going to suggest, a few good zaps and you won't have any problems with it anymore. As a bonus it's hilarious when they do try to open it.

Apply sticky jelly or jam on the door handle, but leave a small area for you to open it. They won't know that. Keep repeating until they learn their lesson. The Skinner box isn't just for rewards!

If it opens in just use a door wedge on the floor and jam in under there. Otherwise invest in a new door lock, dead-bolt or a slide bar, or chain and slide would do the trick.
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    A bolt lock won't work for that, the door isn't flush with the trimming, it's sinked in a bit, so the two holes wouldn't align for the bar. Those types of locks are primarily used on bathroom stalls.
    This however would work, but the guys coming in could still peak inside, but it would keep them out unless they got some bolt cutters. If you mounted the two pieces far enough apart though it might put enough high tension on the chain that they couldn't squeeze a part of bolt cutters through the narrow gap.

Some things have a really strange name in sweden. Anyone know what I should search for to find this?

Some things have a really strange name in sweden. Anyone know what I should search for to find this?
    Platinus, just take a stroll down the local "do it yourself store", they are usually stocked with every kind of lock you could want.

You could use the back of a chair to make it so the handle would be unable to rotate downward, any broom or pole type object should work as well.

The easiest and most convient way too lock the door however is to get one of those little kicker wedges used to prob doors open by going to your local walmart
    (can make your own as well out of any piece of wood.)

If of course you wish to lock the door while not in the room and for whatever reason are unable to replace the doorknob I would suggest a latch/padlock on the outside and a slide/dead bolt on the inside.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-03-18 at 02:37 PM.