Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wassabi View Post
    Why this expensive price tag for a good franchise
    I wanted to try out diablo as a complete new player bud now i see the price tag of this game 60 euro what is far to expensive to even consider buying this.
    This price tag is insane.Its around the price of collector edition game realy asking 60 euro out of the go with no aditional feature's is just to expensive.
    I was expecting it to be around 40-50 euro.
    Who else thinks this is insane priced.I will not buy diablo untill i see a normal price range.
    Im realy looking at that price tag.
    (No wonder people go pirate game's)
    So, you can't afford 60€ for D3 but you could if it was 40-50€? Because 10/20€ more is a lot... And tbh, what to expect from ActiBlizzard? Get used to it.

spam image removed; infracted

Well stop complaining and go buy it in the shop for the retail price, digital downloads always cost more, especially pre-sales.

Origin, Blizzard = high prices for digital and I am sure a lot of other companies do it as well as they know people are lazy and will just buy it to save leaving their house and they can jump in straight away since they will have it pre-loaded and ready to go at midnight, not waiting at a shop.

This game will be no more than any other when it hits the retail shops at those midnight launches - check amazon, gamestop etc the pre-orders are 39.99...

Diablo III
    Reserve now at £ 34.97 Gamestop UK

Diablo III
    Reserve now at € 40.97 Gamestop EU (Ireland)

CE: € 64.97 - a reasonable price for the amount of stuff you are getting so don't you dare even start to complain about the price for the Collector's Edition....

- Your complaint is invalid, either you stop being lazy and go to the shop and get it for the price you want it for or you will pay the extra money if you want the instant access and don't want to leave your house.

Welcome to the real world...
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-03-19 at 01:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfield View Post
    oh that's a cheap house, my car costed 1 George.
    Thats a cheap car, My bike cost me a mildred
    wait im sure theres a man about the house joke there somewhere.

as for the OP, go watch some game play videos,
    read some reviews.
    then figure out if it is a game you would spend more then 60 hours playing (and this is not very long for a game like diablo) and you will have a game time to cost ratio of $1 well worth it imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malkara View Post
    60 euro's a lot for a new game? Sure most games are about 40ish when they come out, but most of the 'good' or 'big' games coming out are 60 ish.
    Yes the limit i pay for a fun and enjoying game play is 50 euro.60 ish or more is nice for collector editions.This price range for me is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Royalwolf6 View Post
    I am also dissapointed about the price. It is too much for me and my friends. We must remember that there will be some expansions which will feed their pocket anyway. The game is supposed to be single player and yet it costs more then any mmo one, just sad :/
    Why do you think the game is supposed to be single player? They have never supported single player D3 in the slightest. From the game's creation, it was meant to be played with other people, just like Diablo 2 was. This entire franchise was never meant to be single player, Diablo I merely was because internet gaming didn't even really exist back then.

It's that expensive because it's an MMO without a subscription fee.

Guys.... 60 Euros =/= 60$
    Seriously.
    60 Euros = ~80 USD
    Which in my opinion is a bit too much.

As most others have said, shop around before venting.

What I'd like to know is will this be subscription based (eg. monthly)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwain View Post

No.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Gwain View Post

No, pay once. Although future expansions will likely be 60 USD or the equivalent, expect to pay that much a few years down the road if you want to keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No, pay once. Although future expansions will likely be 60 USD or the equivalent, expect to pay that much a few years down the road if you want to keep playing.
    Any evidence of that? They haven't priced any of their previous expansions like that, as late as Cata. HotS is also being priced like a regular expansion, according to Blizzard.

Thanks. Well, based on that, I would think that paying a premium so that Blizzard provide servers for us to play on is to be expected.

No problems with pricing for me.

The game will almost always be cheaper in stores than online, it is done this way for a reason. They jack their prices up to encourage people to shop at a brick a mortar, the stores are their #1 buyers and suppliers, if they undercut them they are just going to stop carrying their games, something they don't want.

Deleted
    exspensive? yes, but they are making shitloads of money

Deleted
    Buy it from Amazon it's about a 1/3 cheaper than getting it from the Blizzard store.
    £32.97
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diablo-III-P...2115422&sr=8-1

I've actually held back on buying games at that price, and waited till they were less, so I can understand your frustration. You can always buy physical or wait for the price to go down. Or go the Annual Pass route.

That being said*hugs his Annual Pass*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Back in my day, you could get 2 games for a Bob.

I paid £59.99 for street fighter II turbo on the snes in 1994, it took 6 weeks of paper round money and had to borrow £5 from my friend to pay for it. Snes games were such a rip off back then, impossible to get a title cheaper than £40 so 90% of the games I bought were second hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Any evidence of that? They haven't priced any of their previous expansions like that, as late as Cata. HotS is also being priced like a regular expansion, according to Blizzard.
    What do you mean? I've never paid less than 60 USD for a Blizzard game that I remember, expansion or not.

Deleted
    The thing is they can prize Diablo 3 as high as they ever want and ppl will still buy it. Because it is one of the most waited games, and most likely and awesome and quality game by blizzard.

What do you mean? I've never paid less than 60 USD for a Blizzard game that I remember, expansion or not.
    Cata's MSRP was $40, and I'm pretty sure that's what I paid for it. I think WotLK was the same. Blizzard also mentioned HotS would be priced 'as a normal expansion' or words to that effect, in response to people claiming it'd be as expensive as WoL.

Press Releases for source, and from the FAQ on HotS on the SC2 site:

How much will Heart of the Swarm cost?
    We typically don’t provide details about pricing until the game is closer to release. We do view Heart of the Swarm as an expansion set, so for the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, we will price accordingly. For other regions that have alternative business models, we’ll provide details at a later date.