Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think everyone is positive regarding the changes, the only thing that keeps people on the negative side though is the fear that Blizzard will fail to execute their plans properly. Which, from their track record, is highly likely.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a big difference between "blind hatred" and "constructive criticism". I often see the latter labelled as the former just because they do not approve of the direction the game is heading. Heaven forbid one should be allowed to express what and why they - as paying customers - find negative about the game and make suggestions to fix it. Yes, there are those that thrive on negativity and misery but these people can be found in all communities. I'm tired of seeing people with valid concerns being labelled as haters and silenced because they don't approve of every decision the developers make with the game.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Deleted
    I was once a fan =) But around blizzcon and after I got fed up with the direction of this game. People said there would be epicness not yet spoken about, I cant find it in the info released today. Most of all, checking the pvp info... I feel sorry for those who expected this x-pac to be more about pvp since the total neglection in cata.
    I could go on, started typing in a document but felt it would be too long for people to have patience to read through. I just comment other ones instead.
    Overall, Wow and it's direction is a letdown, the info today showed that. It's sad

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    What do you mean? Numbers effect gameplay more than the pet battles ever will, but people are hailing those as amazing.
    Because it's all relative in relation to the item squish. If the relative damage, health, and healing stays the same, it doesn't really matter if it's 100 or 1000 if they stay relative to each other. The same percentage would be done in the end and nothing really changes. If gear and stats progress at the same relative rate, it doesn't really accomplish anything. And at this point in the game's life, an item squish before an expansion would just feel like your character hasn't progressed or gotten stronger, just new clothes.

But the effect on gameplay would be no different, it would just handle gear inflation so we don't see millions of health and 100k DPS.
    Last edited by Mavian; 2012-03-19 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    I think everyone is positive regarding the changes, the only thing that keeps people on the negative side though is the fear that Blizzard will fail to execute their plans properly. Which, from their track record, is highly likely.
    not just very likely. It will happen, and even with the small amount of stuff they are promising, some of it will be canceled mid way through development.

Deleted
    no item squish.

Im done.
    this.

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Mavian View Post
    Because it's all relative in relation to the item squish. If the relative damage, health, and healing stays the same, it doesn't really matter if it's 100 or 1000 if they stay relative to each other. The same percentage would be done in the end and nothing really changes. If gear and stats progress at the same relative rate, it does really accomplish anything. And at this point in the game's life, an item squish before an expansion would just feel like your character hasn't progressed or gotten stronger, just new clothes.

But the effect on gameplay would be no different, it would just handle gear inflation so we don't see millions of health and 100k DPS.
    So they could not release a compromise? A divide all numbers by 10/100/1000 feature just for the individual players to view his numbers. A good portion of the player base does think that numbers are off the chain, and need to be toned down to look less silly.

Quote Originally Posted by chalmerz View Post
    I was rather optimistic about MoP but now.....Omg hurry up plx! Anyway, let's hope this stuff actually happens on release. Dancing studio anyone?
    I still want that dancing studio, as I'm playing a female human as a main and.... well you know how they dance!..

Deleted
    qq qq qq qq they totally stole area looting from swtor, wtf , someone sue them

WOW! Random internet guy admits he was wrong. Massive kudos to you lad. Sure is a rare sight to see.

And as for the squish thing. If your quitting over that you really need to go sort your head out. Talk about overreacting

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hyped before, and im still hyped...

an expansion designed for me... blizzard knows how to get me back to WoW...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavian View Post
    Because it's all relative in relation to the item squish. If the relative damage, health, and healing stays the same, it doesn't really matter if it's 100 or 1000 if they stay relative to each other. The same percentage would be done in the end and nothing really changes. If gear and stats progress at the same relative rate, it doesn't really accomplish anything. And at this point in the game's life, an item squish before an expansion would just feel like your character hasn't progressed or gotten stronger, just new clothes.

It would also affect your ability to solo old content, things would be much more linear and less erratic as far as our strength levels go per content patch.
    It would've had a decent effect on gameplay if you played anything other then strictly end game without ever doing older content, a lot of people wanted that because it would've made the game feel a lot more fluent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alver View Post
    But with all that info on MoP i must say: it would have been better to wait and hold my opinion back.

what they announced here reads really great.

sorry about that(though i still don't like pandas )!
    Indeed. I had no problem with game whatsoever, even when first announced, though I quit playing a couple of days after. Just because of pandas, which I very much don't like. But I've noticed there are other colors they can have, not only black & white, which is what actually phased me, as I had no problem with anthropomorphic bears, I just don't like pandas. But the other stuff really seems nice, and they bought me over.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    Blizzard can be very smart when they want to be.

So they could not release a compromise? A divide all numbers by 10/100/1000 feature. A good portion of the player base does think that numbers are off the chain, and need to be toned down to look less silly.
    I suppose they could, but from a developer standpoint, I'm not sure that's worth the development time, when in the end it effects nothing on end game play, but hampers old world content soloing unless they go back and compensate.

I really don't mind item squish or not, it just doesn't effect how I play as long as the numbers all stay relative. After Cata, I would rather them focus on content and new things than fixing something that's not really broken, just looking sort of silly.

Deleted
    the item squish wouldnt affect soloing, fucking stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I once was a hater"
    "But then I took an arrow to the knee!"
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

15+ Year Old Account
    first thing I thought, tbh XD
    but then I heard, rift has this also. so who gives a crap.

@OP glad you can say that you were wrong. I can say the same for SWTOR, btw. I thought it will be great, and there will be no reason to go back to WoW ever.

thing is, swtor IS in fact great, but wow is still just so much better. even the graphics are (character models ... well... ok, but the rest). Grass radius in swtor anyone for example?
    leveling was great in swtor, especially with the dialogues. proficiency system was great in swtor. the whole idea with all of your companions was even better in swtor. dungeons all in all ware pretty great too. But I never had that epic feeling I have in wow. that 5 man dungeon I'm doing the bazillionth time feels still more epic than any flashpoint or raid in swtor. and call me whatever you want, that sort of epic feeling is what keeps us playing a game.

so... *handshakes the op*

You mean RIFT ^^

Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    the item squish wouldnt affect soloing, fucking stop it.
    The only way it wouldn't affect soloing is if they actually divided everything by a fixed amount. They wouldn't have done that. The squish would've brought us back to late BC (early wrath for t14). Now tell me how you want to solo Naxx when it's relavitely as difficult as soloing t11 stuff now.

10+ Year Old Account
    no item squish :< ... the rest sounds alright im my book
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .