Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

ETA for Server Transfers

Been away for a month, any mention yet on server transfers appearing?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There was mention of it, but I wouldn't expect to see it any time in the very near future. I think I remember 1.3 or 1.4 being attached to it, but I'm not 100% certain.

Deleted
    Sad face! Was hoping to tranfer my main to be with friends

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I honestly think that we'll see some server mergers before the open up individual transfers.

You can always reroll.

Deleted
    Replaying my class again to 50 simply sounds like Hell

Try varying it up? Only do your class quests and do flashpoints and pvp (since you will have friends playing) its really not too bad.

I speak from experience :*(

Spacebar, dual screen, a few seasons of a good tv-series and you're golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the space bar cuts the time about in half so it shouldn't take long.

Seriously though, why did BioWare make leveling so damn linear in TOR? I've always been about the journey more than the destination in mmorpg's and this whole "one planet one path" philosophy just killed it for me.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-03-20 at 08:17 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Spacebar, dual screen, a few seasons of a good tv-series and you're golden.
    Top advice right there

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rerolled servers and it sucked to start fresh when I was "rich" but am doing quite well with gear/credits/guild. Reroll and save the headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    I rerolled servers and it sucked to start fresh when I was "rich" but am doing quite well with gear/credits/guild. Reroll and save the headaches.
    Although I have a decent guild on Infinite Empire, there are times that I want to reroll to a heavy pop server but due to Legacy it is really a hinders any choice to reroll aside from the occational alt that I will never play.

That said, I am wanting to level a Vanguard and after leveling a Commando I can skip all the quest dialog and level pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Although I have a decent guild on Infinite Empire, there are times that I want to reroll to a heavy pop server but due to Legacy it is really a hinders any choice to reroll aside from the occational alt that I will never play.

That said, I am wanting to level a Vanguard and after leveling a Commando I can skip all the quest dialog and level pretty quickly.
    Try it out. Level one on the side. Before you know it you will be 30 and not looking back.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post

You bring up a good point. Legacy adds a whole layer of complexity to server transfers. Even if they moved all your alts and everything in a server merger, how will they handle Legacy names in the inevitable event of a conflict? /Random 100 and the highest roll gets to keep his Legacy name? Seems like kind of a raw deal for some people. They have to be really careful how they handle this... which is probably part of the reason we don't have transfers/mergers yet.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    You bring up a good point. Legacy adds a whole layer of complexity to server transfers. Even if they moved all your alts and everything in a server merger, how will they handle Legacy names in the inevitable event of a conflict? /Random 100 and the highest roll gets to keep his Legacy name? Seems like kind of a raw deal for some people. They have to be really careful how they handle this... which is probably part of the reason we don't have transfers/mergers yet.
    Same way they deal with it when a character name is already taken. New person on the server changes their name. It's the risk you take when you move. I didn't move, I don't want to have to change my name because you did.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Same way they deal with it when a character name is already taken. New person on the server changes their name. It's the risk you take when you move. I didn't move, I don't want to have to change my name because you did.
    I don't think you really caught what I was saying.

Some server mergers are likely at this point, maybe before Bioware opens up paid transfers. A merger isn't a voluntary deal, so your scenario, while totally correct, doesn't exactly apply.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I don't think you really caught what I was saying.

Some server mergers are likely at this point, maybe before Bioware opens up paid transfers. A merger isn't a voluntary deal, so your scenario, while totally correct, doesn't exactly apply.
    That's assuming there will be mergers at all, perhaps they will go with a free transfer service and a long cool down instead, then announce the closure of a few low pop servers.

As for the legacy and transfers, they said on the summit that the highest legacy will be kept if transferring between two servers where you have legacy if I recall correctly.

That's assuming there will be mergers at all, perhaps they will go with a free transfer service and a long cool down instead, then announce the closure of a few low pop servers.

As for the legacy and transfers, they said on the summit that the highest legacy will be kept if transferring between two servers where you have legacy if I recall correctly.
    That was more for if you are moving one of your toons with a legacy to another server where you have a legacy already. I.E. if you move your lvl 25 legacy to your rerolled server, which you only have lvl 10 legacy on, you will get your lvl 25 legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    That was more for if you are moving one of your toons with a legacy to another server where you have a legacy already. I.E. if you move your lvl 25 legacy to your rerolled server, which you only have lvl 10 legacy on, you will get your lvl 25 legacy.
    Yes, that's exactly what I said and meant.

Yes, that's exactly what I said and meant.
    Ah, all good.