Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    The change up was to have one tank start off with both Sul and Frost King for cleave/splash damage during Hero while buring Sul and Frost King together. Ideally I would be the one tanking both since LOLKEGSMASH. The druid seemed to be having real problems though and I would see his health drop like a rock, especially if we just did a quick tank swap on Frost King. Hopefully I can get some logs this week when we get back to it and I can be the one to duo tank (180k dps thank you very much).
    Yeah exactly, you want to be on Malakk/Sul at the start due to cleaves during heroism. And generally speaking, Monks are the better DPS tank, so y'know.

If your druid co-tank is having issues on the priestess, assign some interrupters. Ranged can do it so melee can stay on Sul/Malakk; there doesn't need to be a strict rotation, just 'interrupt when you can' sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea we just sort of have an interrupt platoon on Sul for that fight so he barely gets off any Sand Bolts at all since they do splash damage to everyone in range of the target. Our first week on them my pally co-tank was complaining that Marli was wrecking him so I started to grab aggro on her early in the fight and it hasn't really been an issue since.

10+ Year Old Account
    So have weapon conundrum as they seem to fall into my lap like crazy between coins or no one rolling on them. I have:
    Zeeg's Kegsmasher(541)
    Jalak's 2H(535)
    Dark Animus(528)
    Zeeg's Kegsmasher(528)

So is 541 Zeeg's worth swapping to with a 528 or am I still better off with the 535 2H until I can pick up a better off hand?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    So have weapon conundrum as they seem to fall into my lap like crazy between coins or no one rolling on them. I have:
    Zeeg's Kegsmasher(541)
    Jalak's 2H(535)
    Dark Animus(528)
    Zeeg's Kegsmasher(528)

So is 541 Zeeg's worth swapping to with a 528 or am I still better off with the 535 2H until I can pick up a better off hand?
    I hate the itemisation of the 2H personally... I would go for 541 and 528, though only based on preference.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very much agree. Not a fan of 2h to begin with and that staff has so much hit on it.
    If you were human, the 2 maces would be that much better.

And your luck with gear makes me ill, lol :P
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

I seem to remember something about the main hand ilevel being the most important thing when dual wielding, and the offhand can be fairly lower and it won't make too much difference. So yeah, I'd dual wield in that situation as well.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    DW all the way. I just hate 2Hs =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I seem to remember something about the main hand ilevel being the most important thing when dual wielding, and the offhand can be fairly lower and it won't make too much difference. So yeah, I'd dual wield in that situation as well.
    That's in relation to the ability damage calculations. For tanking, I tend to follow a very simple rule when choosing weapons - use whatever gives you more overall stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    That's in relation to the ability damage calculations. For tanking, I tend to follow a very simple rule when choosing weapons - use whatever gives you more overall stats.
    After tanking all of tier 14 with a 2h weapon, I greatly prefer the dual wielding simply because of the smoother elusive brew generation. Otherwise, I would agree with you.

A fair point too.

Now all this talk about weapons is depressing me: despite using a coin on every normal mode boss that drops a weapon so far, I have yet to even get a single weapon drop. Even when you include LFR, I've only gotten a single Wu'lai from Twin Consorts, which isn't really much of an upgrade given my current weapon.

FML and all that. D:

Zeeg's Kegsmasher(541)
    Jalak's 2H(535)
    Dark Animus(528)
    Zeeg's Kegsmasher(528)

DW would be the better choice.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

So we did Heroic Horridon 10 last night and I got insta-gibbed by Horridon as soon as Jalak died. I know he gets a 100% damage buff, but I still did not expect the hit.

It looks like the only way I could have survived was to either have a big CD up or have had my Triple Puncture stacks cleared, which did get to 6 before I died which I guess is pretty high during that phase. How do you guys handle the 'enrage'? Have the Jalak tank taunt ASAP when Jalak dies? That's what I'm thinking for next week.

[00:26:04.423] Riddly Living Seed Amp +31967 (O: 83796)
    [00:26:04.423] Amp Tiger Palm Horridon *245700*
    [00:26:04.687] Horridon hits Amp 243078 (A: 274452)
    [00:26:04.829] Horridon Triple Puncture Amp 382404 (A: 431761)
    [00:26:04.879] Riddly Lifebloom Amp +11794
    [00:26:05.410] Amp Stagger Amp 14622 (O: 16545, A: 97365)
    [00:26:05.754] Amp crits Horridon *266665*
    [00:26:05.779] Riddly Lifebloom Amp +11794
    [00:26:06.006] Horridon hits Amp 11795 (O: 271504, A: 319865)
    [00:26:06.421] Amp dies
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...=11665&e=12297

Zeeg's Kegsmasher(541)
    Zeeg's Kegsmasher(528)
    I would use this combo. Also, you are really lucky and I am jealous.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is my general attitude towards gear/weapon's for tanking but I did a wowhead compare and neither was a clear winner in the stat realm. So since I prefer DW anyways and will basically never replace the 341 this tier and it's better if I run as a WW think I'll go with the DW combo. Running AMR the total score result was higher with the DW set vs 2H as well.

Now watch a 541 BP drop from Tortos and make all the changes to my 535 helm a waste =P Yeah been lucky with drops/coins but running 25m helps a lot plus we don't have a crazy number of people that want the same drops as me.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    So we did Heroic Horridon 10 last night and I got insta-gibbed by Horridon as soon as Jalak died. I know he gets a 100% damage buff, but I still did not expect the hit.

It looks like the only way I could have survived was to either have a big CD up or have had my Triple Puncture stacks cleared, which did get to 6 before I died which I guess is pretty high during that phase. How do you guys handle the 'enrage'? Have the Jalak tank taunt ASAP when Jalak dies? That's what I'm thinking for next week.
    You should try to have a cd up at all times during the final burn here, if possible. Even something like an armour potion could save you. If your other tank has no stacks and you're at 4+ with no cds left, you might as well swap if the boss is close to dying.

That being said, the log seems to indicate that your healers are not doing their job. At the very least, you should be receiving one big direct heal every 2 seconds. Outside of Dire Call, your raid will not be taking any damage, and it is the other 9 people who should be sustained by HoTs, not the active tank. Given the spiky nature of tank damage here, you should be spam-healed all the time, even if you're at full hp.

Finally got my LFR helm (yay Legendary Meta) last night. With that I was able to drop my LFR legs and use my 522 valor legs. That being said, should the loot gods bestow upon me another LFR tier piece (say shoulders or chest) is the loss of one 522 item worth the 4 piece? What about the loss of 2 522 pieces (ex Jin'rok helm and valor legs vs tier).

You should try to have a cd up at all times during the final burn here, if possible. Even something like an armour potion could save you. If your other tank has no stacks and you're at 4+ with no cds left, you might as well swap if the boss is close to dying.

That being said, the log seems to indicate that your healers are not doing their job. At the very least, you should be receiving one big direct heal every 2 seconds. Outside of Dire Call, your raid will not be taking any damage, and it is the other 9 people who should be sustained by HoTs, not the active tank. Given the spiky nature of tank damage here, you should be spam-healed all the time, even if you're at full hp.
    Well it was our first time getting to that phase so I think we just underestimated it, lucky we still had our battle res. I'll definitely keep in mind to ask for big heals and have a CD or tank swap as soon as Jalak dies. Unfortunately I had burned fort brew on the fourth door so it wasn't up again yet.

Even if you're not main-tanking him, taunt frequently with guard up for vengeance, and be ready with EB+something to taunt if the other tank looks in trouble.

We finally got him down last night, wasn't pretty, but we got it. You'll want your vengeance high for bubbles and stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is my general attitude towards gear/weapon's for tanking but I did a wowhead compare and neither was a clear winner in the stat realm. So since I prefer DW anyways and will basically never replace the 341 this tier and it's better if I run as a WW think I'll go with the DW combo. Running AMR the total score result was higher with the DW set vs 2H as well.

Now watch a 541 BP drop from Tortos and make all the changes to my 535 helm a waste =P Yeah been lucky with drops/coins but running 25m helps a lot plus we don't have a crazy number of people that want the same drops as me.
    Lucky =/.

We've got 3 rogues, 1 feral, 1 ww, and myself for gear =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...=11665&e=12297

I would use this combo. Also, you are really lucky and I am jealous.
    That is the problem right there in your quoted snippet. Amp crits Horridon. Never crit Horridon, he gets really pissed off and one shots you.

On a serious note, I have tanked him in final burn phase with 9 stacks before, you just have to ask for an external and use your CD's properly. If 2p, can pop Elusive Brew, cancelaura it right before the Triple Puncture, Purify it off, Guard one, Dampen harm will usually last for 2 punctures (sometimes a melee hit will eat one in the last phase), Fort Brew, etc. Curious as to why you needed to use FB on the 4th door?

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Lucky =/.

We've got 3 rogues, 1 feral, 1 ww, and myself for gear =/.
    Yes, but you are 25m. Not the same when loot flows like water for 25m raid teams, even if there is competition like that. Add in loot rolls, you are probably better off than most 10m out of the gate.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Yes, but you are 25m. Not the same when loot flows like water for 25m raid teams, even if there is competition like that. Add in loot rolls, you are probably better off than most 10m out of the gate.
    Yeah we have 2 rogues, 1 feral, 1 bear, 1 ww, and 1 enh + a healthy share on our token so it's not from a lack of competition. I've managed to coin a lot of drops this tier including from our H kills already which helped a lot. The rest (outside of tier) I seem to win uncontested.

I think BrM secondary stats are all close enough that I've more focused on iLevel than itemization and probably picked up a lot of drops that other classes didn't acknowledge cause it wasn't part of their magic BiS list. I picked up the 528 chest from Tortos that no one wanted and decided to pick up the Jin'rok helm since they are going to OS and hope for a TF version since Animus isn't close to our raidar yet.

For Horridon I noticed that he seems to go extra apes**t right when Jalak dies and that wimpy normal TP can turn into a killer if he dies right before the timer. As mentioned I make sure I have Fort Brew ready for the final phase as you can easily clear two of the 5+ stack TP's just with that. We always have 3ish pally's though so plenty of BoP's to make it so 5 stacks is about the max we "have" to take.

Shouldn't be needing to burn FB on the 4th door unless something is going wrong or you (or the rest of the raid) are standing in totems. I also use Xuen to tank one of the bears after the two drop down.

Would have one shot him this week but Dire Call and his Enrage lined up perfectly =/ I'm not sure if there is any trick to guarantee that Dire Call gets cast before he enrages. Well outside of killing him within the enrage timer obviously but that is a work in progress.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-05-29 at 07:19 PM.
    [/URL]