Using Diffuse Magic, Glyph Guard and Zen Med you can eat a few of them. You can generally eat the first 3 casts without any cooldowns, having a disc priest bubble for the cast is very helpful too. Guard on the 4th, Diffuse the 5th, Fort Brew/Guard the 6th, Zen Med the 7th. There's really no reason to have stacks higher than 7 if you're doing the alternating strat.

I noticed a few times that you'd have to time ZM right for that 7th one. OR just have the OT pick up the shredder at first, take the 7th debuff during his cast, then pick up the shredder from the OT. Once you get the coordination down for swapping the boss around, it becomes second nature and you can do it in your sleep.

Deleted
    I'm taking six stacks myself: my cotank takes the first three and a fourth after I've taken two, and taunts the boss when I have six.

1: Nothing
    2: Guard
    3: Guard (is up again, since cotank took one in between)
    4: Zen Med (well timed)
    5: Fort+Guard (Magnet's up)
    6: Diffuse Magic

The only thing I can add about ZM is, don't try to use it while you've got magnets yanking you around, especially if you don't glyph it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bhambhoo View Post
    How successful have you all been using Zen med to eat one? it casts at a decent speed, i could just hold my gcd for the cast and wait for it.
    Zen meditation is off the gcd, so you just need to react fast enough.

The only thing I can add about ZM is, don't try to use it while you've got magnets yanking you around, especially if you don't glyph it.
    If you don't glyph it (which I don't for siegecrafter) and get pulled by the magnet it will not break because you're not moving (its weird like that). A melee swing or you yourself moving will obviously break it. I use it to eat the 7th stack of the debuff.

I pull the boss personally and here's how I go about it (guard is glyphed):
    Stack 1: is instant so no cds, get 2 chi and the Power guard debuff and cast guard (ignore shuffle you take like 2 swings while he's running before he turns to throw the saw blade anyway)
    Stack 2: is soaked by the Guard you already had up
    Stack 3: You should be able to cast Guard right before the third stack. At this point you're picking up the first shredder and your OT takes two stacks
    Stack 4: Guard is enough to handle this.
    Stack 5: I pick up the shredder and hold him next to the boss until the 5th stack of the debuff. 5th Stack I use Dampen Harm w/ guard (to reduce any outside spikes from other sources as well). OT taunts and gets 1 stack and is now at 3.
    Stack 6: Guard with Fort Brew and Avert Harm. I've found that if I don't use Avert Harm I usually end up having my cloak proc. Good/Bad is up to you but I like to keep my cloak proc in case crap hits the fan (bad rng streak w/ melees during magnet or something).
    Stack 7: Zen Med soaks this one. After this I let my stacks drop off and my OT gets stacks until mine fall off (3 if memory serves so he'll have a total of 6).

A caveat to this, between stack 5 and 6 if you can't kill the add quickly enough you will not be able to get back in time to get 7 stacks before the next add. If this occurs (because yay crit rng) you need to let your OT know so they have something in line for 7 stacks vs 6. The method we use has me killing all but one shredder (my co-tank DK takes the one after he has 6 stacks) and then I begin stacking again and will have 4 stacks for the shredder after that. Obviously if you have a tank better at killing them than a BrM (Paladins/Warriors) then by all means switch it up. 1-3 aren't actually dangerous and using guard for those (while making sure its up for 4+) is really just to make your healers' lives easier.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    If you don't glyph it (which I don't for siegecrafter) and get pulled by the magnet it will not break because you're not moving (its weird like that). A melee swing or you yourself moving will obviously break it. I use it to eat the 7th stack of the debuff.
    I should probably have mentioned empowered lasers as well; the first time we have the magnet active, the room is covered in fire. If this happens and you're about to ZM, the glyph helps to keep out of it.

oh, we tank the boss near where mines jump down in the "safe" areas hence why I pay no mind to fire outside of dragging the shredder into one.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Thanks for your help guys... our second night and we consistently getting to ~50%, and a few timeswe competed a "full cycle" for the tanks, so now its just rinse an repeat.

I did not glyph zen med, and did glyph guard.. one thing i noticed glyphing guard, is you can pop it while you still have vengeance, about 12 seconds before you taunt, and have it up for two charges in a row... making it easy to have guard, fort/guard and , DM handle charges 5,6,and 7. (I am "tank 2") making ZM my oh shit buton if i mess up

Deleted
    Hello fellow monk tanks!

I have a 558 ilvl geared brewmaster monk, which is my alt at the moment, but my main (new) guild rather have me tanking on my monk then my paladin, because they already have a prot paladin. They used to be 10-man hc and are now going 25-man hc. At the moment of speaking I am crit builed, but was wondering if I should change to a mastery build.

I have read several websites/forums, but can't make up my mind. Could any1 here give me some information and/or help me out finding what is best to do? Is a crit build really that bad for hc progress?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jitsu/advanced

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    I don't let my stacks drop off during blackfuse hm , going to 10/11 is quite challenging some times but bring some fun and a lot of DPS !!
    We're on paragons , and while the fight seems "easy" if you have some tips i'd like to read it .
    Thank's in advance

Quote Originally Posted by xeru View Post
    I don't let my stacks drop off during blackfuse hm , going to 10/11 is quite challenging some times but bring some fun and a lot of DPS !!
    We're on paragons , and while the fight seems "easy" if you have some tips i'd like to read it .
    Thank's in advance
    Siegecrafter stacks go to 10. As far as paragon tips, monks probably aren't the best class to use the scorpion vehicle. Other than that, I don't know what the major differences between 10 and 25 there are, other than less targets for fiery edge, more room to spread out.

Quick question: When do you guys bring out Xuen on Thok HC?

And is Xuens Power snapshotted or updating dynamically?

Xuen acts like a full pet when he's out, meaning he fully updates dynamically with your stats.

Hey guys, new BrM here.
    I've read the first post and done what it suggested by grabbing stam/mastery but I still feel really squishy, is this a gear issue?
    Armory link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymonk/advanced

Feel free to point out if I've missed something obvious.
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2014-02-17 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Spelling.

It's a gear issue in that your ilvl is low, not in how you have it set up. You could use a bit more (1-2k) more haste, 4-5k is the typical benchmark. What you're really seeing though is that you simply do not have much health and do not have the legendary meta gem to flat out lower your damage taken by 20%. This is normal for any tank in your gear, LFR Garrosh may be LFR but he still hits relatively hard if you're only sitting on 650k health buffed. As you get better gear and get your meta gem you'll notice your health dipping a lot less than it does right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Hey guys, new BrM here.
    I've read the first post and done what it suggested by grabbing stam/mastery but I still feel really squishy, is this a gear issue?
    Armory link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymonk/advanced

Feel free to point out if I've missed something obvious.
    Tbh in that kind of gear i wouldnt force expertise cap. if you'd drop to 10-12% youd gain like 2k secondary just from that. and never ever ever reforge OUT of critt for mastery unless you are tanking like thok hc with to low gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's a gear issue in that your ilvl is low, not in how you have it set up. You could use a bit more (1-2k) more haste, 4-5k is the typical benchmark. What you're really seeing though is that you simply do not have much health and do not have the legendary meta gem to flat out lower your damage taken by 20%. This is normal for any tank in your gear, LFR Garrosh may be LFR but he still hits relatively hard if you're only sitting on 650k health buffed. As you get better gear and get your meta gem you'll notice your health dipping a lot less than it does right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Tbh in that kind of gear i wouldnt force expertise cap. if you'd drop to 10-12% youd gain like 2k secondary just from that. and never ever ever reforge OUT of critt for mastery unless you are tanking like thok hc with to low gear
    Thanks guys. So drop some expertise and grab more crit/mastery/haste. Cool.

I'm thinking of tanking challenge modes as BrM, but I'm playing WW as main spec currently and haven't done an offspec set yet. Apart from getting a 2h weapon, what do you guys think I need to change about my gear to be able to comfortably tank gold CMs?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B3l/advanced

Why would you get a 2H weapon? DW works just fine as Brewmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I'm thinking of tanking challenge modes as BrM, but I'm playing WW as main spec currently and haven't done an offspec set yet. Apart from getting a 2h weapon, what do you guys think I need to change about my gear to be able to comfortably tank gold CMs?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B3l/advanced
    anything above 463 random hc blues are redundant when it comes to only getting gold clear, with that said. your current gear is fine aslong as you know how to play somewhat decent
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.