Deleted
    Don't ever use a demonic gateway as a tank. You get a one-minute debuff which renders you unable to do any form of tanking, including kiting. It's basically a minute-long fade that you can't get rid of.

[edit] You could probably use a gateway just before going scorpion on Klaxxi to preclude threat issues, providing you don't need to tank anything until the debuff fades, but that's way beyond the scope of the discussion here.
    Last edited by mmoc35b313c120; 2014-04-08 at 12:14 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a DK and someone who can aoe stun then you don't need more than roll to stay at a distance. Have the DK AOE grip them away from you then someone stun them there, this gives you time to build up agro, make sure their slowed, and be a reasonable distance away. Another trick I enjoy is to wait till I'm near a corner, let them get close and use Charging Ox to range stun them then run away again, this semi-resets the distance they gain on me throughout kiting.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by diggorey View Post
    That's basically what I did too, except using the gateway. Iirc, using the gateway sets all your threat to zero, which means Sha adds going wild.
    Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Okay so ignore that bit and just get a bunch of priests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Alright not to derail the discussion away from next expac but I have a pressing question needing answered. My guild has been stuck on normal Garrosh for ~120 pulls at this point. I have about 2 or so people who just screw up mechanics fairly often, but no real ability to replace them. And by fairly often I'm meaning dying to Iron Star/Annihilate/Whirling Corruption more than 3 times a night. I've always been the sort of raid leader who tries to dumb down mechanics or just take a whole lot more responsibility onto myself than would be normal just to make sure my more special raiders can still do stuff, b/c again no real ability to replace them. At this point I have hammered in just about all the mechanics into their heads and it is just the adds that consistently screw us up. +5 adds on the tank and people getting eaten by a random +2 or 3 add out in the boonies. I need someone to explain what I need to do to just kite the adds from phase 2 transition 2 through the end. I trust my healers and my offtank to just solo Garrosh the whole way down, I just need the ability to take the adds completely out of the equation for my special dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    The Sha creatures, you mean?

Well what I did which worked rather well was I kept on rolling while spamming Dizzying Haze. If you've got a warlock, having a gateway set up from one end of the room to the other (max distance but still equidistant from the center, assuming that's where your raid's "grouping up") might not be a bad idea. Alternatively / in conjunction, if you've got a priest who's on the ball, you could have them set up feathers to further boost your movement speed. Have hunters / rogues dump agro onto you just in case you miss one or two.
    If you can, set up transcendance as well to help with your movement. While it still has the cast on it, you can usually get far enough from the adds to give it a cast and get yourself some more distance between you and the adds or position yourself better in terms of where you're going to move next.

10+ Year Old Account
    My off tank is a dk so there is a mass grip. Got a holy priest for feathers and life grip. Momentum or tiger's lust? I think with our dps he should only get 3 empowered whirlings off before phase 3 if they don't have to worry about adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    My off tank is a dk so there is a mass grip. Got a holy priest for feathers and life grip. Momentum or tiger's lust? I think with our dps he should only get 3 empowered whirlings off before phase 3 if they don't have to worry about adds.
    I would say momentum just so you can keep up that speed buff for longer and use feathers when it's lower or gone. Bit less stress on the holy priest to constantly keep putting feathers down.

TL seems more like a CC breaker / emergency sprint, while momentum is for long periods of time where you need to move faster.

Deleted
    I found Tiger's Lust to be the best. I used it on the turn i did far away from the group. Then the turn i did closer on the group i had someone (usually hunter, but warlock works too) stun the adds. With this i didint even need feathers from priests. And DK to grip the adds in 1 group on whirls helps a ton too.

My casual guild is finally on Garrosh 10N. What 90 talent should I be using? Been using RJW to just push out DPS when swapping to MC but not sure if Xuen would be better...

Xuen is better. RJW shouldn't be needed to break MCs. can just SCK on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    My casual guild is finally on Garrosh 10N. What 90 talent should I be using? Been using RJW to just push out DPS when swapping to MC but not sure if Xuen would be better...
    Xuen for L90 and Ring of Peace for L60 as it works well for that fight for the most part.
    Last edited by allaiva; 2014-04-10 at 04:23 AM. Reason: dumb moment

SO I've taken on a project, which is improving Simcraft for brewmasters. I'm starting with improving the APL specifically for self-healing and TMI.

Now, the basic energy/chi rotation is simple, but the tools we use for self-healing are less simple and much more dynamic. I know how I use them -- but that's not the only way to use them, so I'm putting out an open call for people to share how YOU go about healing yourself as a brewmaster. if you feel like it. It would be super helpful.

I'll start:
    use EH if health < 70% and keg smash is 2 or more seconds away
    pool up to 80 energy for Desperate Measures EH if health < 45% (without delaying Keg Smash)
    use guard if health < 45% and shuffle.time.remaining > 9 (if i'm not saving it for anything)
    use Ox orb if i can't use EH or Chi Wave
    use Purifying Brew if current staggered damage is greater than my current health AND shuffle.time.remaining > 6

Those are all kind-of-generalizations; in an actual fight i'm very sensitive to how much damage I expect to be taking soon and how distracted my healers are, but i'm not sure how well those fit into the sim.

thanks for your help if you feel like it :3
    Last edited by Rainbowdash; 2014-04-10 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allaiva View Post
    Xuen for L90 and Ring of Peace for L60 as it works well for that fight for the most part.
    I always thought leg sweep was superior for MC phase 2? Or can ROP also interrupt them?

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    I always thought leg sweep was superior for MC phase 2? Or can ROP also interrupt them?
    Should avoid stunning the MCs... Big dps or hps loss to make someone sit the 5 second stun since they come out of the MC still stunned. can't speak for RoP. Our fury warrior just AoE interrupts if he's not mc'ed, or we just ST interrupt if he is.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Should avoid stunning the MCs... Big dps or hps loss to make someone sit the 5 second stun since they come out of the MC still stunned. can't speak for RoP. Our fury warrior just AoE interrupts if he's not mc'ed, or we just ST interrupt if he is.
    RoP always pisses off the melee who stay disarmed for a few seconds after, its lose/lose, just have a warrior do it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    RoP always pisses off the melee who stay disarmed for a few seconds after, its lose/lose, just have a warrior do it.
    Then you get to piss off the spriests that get shadow locked .

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've just returned to the game and I'm currently madly scrambling to gear up...

I'm only REALLY doing LFR and Timeless Isle stuff till WoD... Is it worth using the Discipline of Xuen or are the trinkets from SoO, even LFR, better?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

It's a mastery proc, not the best stat to go for. On top of that, it's a flat agility static. While it's a higher ilvl than LFR T16, it's probably not better than those options that give better stat options. I guess if you have no other option, it's better than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the quick replies and thank fuck you said no .

REALLY can't be bothered grinding 50k Timeless Coins, I'll just spam SoO and see what drops for me there!

p.s. Is there a list anywhere regarding the gear? I.E which peice of Set it's best to replace with an offset, which trinkets are the best for general use (obviously certain ones are better in certain fights, but for a general rule) etcetc?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Haromm's > TED > AoC, but a higher ilvl AoC > lower TED, this is true for every fight.

For gear, anything that doesn't have Mastery is good, and everything with Mastery is bad. This of course means the best tier pieces are legs and shoulders, however if you can't get both in heroic you can use the gloves because they don't have as many stats as chest or helm so you lose less by taking that piece with mastery. 4 piece is okay and slightly better than equal ilvl off set, but if you can get warforged non-set pieces they're better than the 4p bonus.
    Correct me if I'm wrong... but you look like you're responding as if this is the WW thread. At least it seems like that since mastery isn't that bad for BrM o.o

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... but you look like you're responding as if this is the WW thread. At least it seems like that since mastery isn't that bad for BrM o.o
    Yeah, I got mixed up. I just click the last unread post button and saw the thing about Discipline of Xuen and thought it was WW. Let's try this again.

Every SoO tanking trinket and DPS trinket (excluding AoC, Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal, and Sigil of Rampage) are better than Discipline. Which trinkets you want to use depends on whether you're looking for survivability or damage.

Survivability:

Rook's Unlucky Talisman
    Vial of Living Corruption

DPS:

Haromm's Talisman
    Thok's Tail Tip

Both:

Ticking Ebon Detonator
    Curse of Hubris

Most people will go with TED and Haromm's because frankly survivability via trinkets is simply not necessary and Stamina trinkets aren't really all that useful anyways.

As for gear, anything without HASTE is good and anything with haste is bad, everything else is a matter of mixing/matching Hit/Exp/Crit/Mastery for their desired levels. The tier set is almost completely worthless, with the 2p being garbage and the 4p being clunky and not quite good enough to overcome the fact that 3 pieces of haste on them.

After a couple thousand posts mistakes like that tend to happen...