Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Which makes it worthless in most circumstances for EH, except for if it's a slot where you can only get stamina and don't have the option. Thanks for proving my point.
    Magic damage fights. Oddly though, Lei Shi is the only one this entire expansion, they used to be a lot more common, like 1 or 2 per tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Magic damage fights. Oddly though, Lei Shi is the only one this entire expansion, they used to be a lot more common, like 1 or 2 per tier.
    I'm guessing they're coming back in WoD, as both Monks and Pallys are getting magic defense talents in the level 100 slot.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm guessing they're coming back in WoD, as both Monks and Pallys are getting magic defense talents in the level 100 slot.
    Paladin one is sort of a "fix" though, because Holy Shield was (is) pretty terrible.

Speaking of magic damage, Versatility is the only stat that can reduce magic damage taken. I really hope we get some magic-heavy fights again, it really makes you think differently instead of just doing the same thing you'd always do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Paladin one is sort of a "fix" though, because Holy Shield was (is) pretty terrible.
    True, Also I forgot about DK's Breath of Sindragosa, which marks targets and heals you for 5% of the spelldamage they do, Druids have two damage reduction CD's for level 10, which both work against Magic, I can see warrior's level 100 talents getting a tweak so one of them is good in heavy magic fights and we're all good to go.

And yeah as Total says, with Versatility affecting Magic Damage, I'm guessing we'll be seeing at LEAST one heavy magic damage fight per raid tier. Probably not enough to be worth scrounging up a "Resistance Set" with heavy Versatility, but enough to spec into the magic the talent at least.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Hey, we're going to try 25 Heroic SoO next reset and I will probably tank on my brewmaster. Is crit build viable for 25 HCs or should I go DW crit cap > mastery or full mastery?

Here's my armory
    Last edited by mmocb06f9a0c12; 2014-06-10 at 09:56 AM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonzy View Post
    Hey, we're going to try 25 Heroic SoO next reset and I will probably tank on my brewmaster. Is crit build viable for 25 HCs or should I go DW crit cap > mastery or full mastery?

Here's my armory
    I will always advocate for more Mastery for progression over crit. If you can stay around 50% crit and pick the rest up into mastery that should be sufficient. Crit is viable but its not optimal for survival as its nearly 100% about dps. If you have a stam trinket to switch for Haromm's that may help as well.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Hey guys ! I was kinda unhappy with the base values of the guides on askmrrobot that I use to optimise my gear so I went around and changed the values a little bit , I set the stamina value to normal , put a crit cap at 50% , haste at around 5500 , and gave a little bit of priority for mastery over crit , like 0.5% , do you think this is about right?

The personal stat weights are going to depend on what you're aiming for (more damage or more tankiness) as well as the content you're doing (10 or 25). I'd say a lot of it has to do with feel. If you don't feel super squishy with that set up than that'll be fine.

If I may ask, what ilvl are you roughly talking about? Higher ilvl you can get away with setting a higher crit softcap without a huge loss in tankiness because you've got more stats available is why I ask.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    The personal stat weights are going to depend on what you're aiming for (more damage or more tankiness) as well as the content you're doing (10 or 25). I'd say a lot of it has to do with feel. If you don't feel super squishy with that set up than that'll be fine.

If I may ask, what ilvl are you roughly talking about? Higher ilvl you can get away with setting a higher crit softcap without a huge loss in tankiness because you've got more stats available is why I ask.
    I am sitting at 538 itlvl for now and usually do +/- 13 m flex , starting this week on normal 10 soo. I was using the guide for 25 players because I liked the security the extra hp gave me , altough I know its not the best choice

I can't link my armory because Iam on a work computer that runs XP with IE 9 lol . The Character Name is Naturegeek - Agraa ( Português).

Edit--- So maybe I should put a soft cap on crit at 40% for now untill I reach an higher itlvl like 550 or so?

Here's a quick AMR profile I made for you

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/9...1-29060d46138a

Its rough, and I didn't do any super crazy math to figure out exact best set up for you but it should serve as a good starting point for you to tweak until you feel comfortable. When you go to the link hit the optimize button and it'll show you what you should do to squeeze the most out of your gear based on stat weights.

You can also click the "Edit Weights" button to see what I set things to and if you've got any questions feel free to ask. I'm sure others wouldn't mind weighing in as well since this is merely my opinion and a lot of the tweaking is going to be based on you as a player as well as how your healers feel about healing you.

*Just as an added Caveat, this is setting your stats on the very safe side of things especially for 10 man. You could easily get away with favoring a very general Crit > Mastery > Haste set up and probably be fine*
    Last edited by Leblue; 2014-06-12 at 12:09 PM.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

just progressing into heroics and killed malk first time this week.
    looking into the other side of SoO is using the trinks "Ticking Ebon Detonator" 4/4 normal and "vial of living Corruption" heroic (can be 4/4 next week) a safe bet?

the raid as no problem with dps as all and i am a full crit buid

Yeah those're pretty safe trinkets to use. Only thing I'd really change is Haromms for Vial if you want to push more dps really, but if you like the bit of extra stamina and slight reduction of guard cooldown (its great for having guard up for each debuff application on siegecrafter) I'd stick with vial.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazx View Post
    just progressing into heroics and killed malk first time this week.
    looking into the other side of SoO is using the trinks "Ticking Ebon Detonator" 4/4 normal and "vial of living Corruption" heroic (can be 4/4 next week) a safe bet?

the raid as no problem with dps as all and i am a full crit buid
    If it has no problem with DPS then these trinkets are great, and you may even consider picking up more mastery than a full crit build just to be safe. If you can hover around 50-60% raid buffed you can put the rest into Mastery just for added cushion. Not many Brewmasters seem to understand the safe bet of stam trinkets, so hats off to you.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Here's a quick AMR profile I made for you

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/9...1-29060d46138a

Its rough, and I didn't do any super crazy math to figure out exact best set up for you but it should serve as a good starting point for you to tweak until you feel comfortable. When you go to the link hit the optimize button and it'll show you what you should do to squeeze the most out of your gear based on stat weights.

You can also click the "Edit Weights" button to see what I set things to and if you've got any questions feel free to ask. I'm sure others wouldn't mind weighing in as well since this is merely my opinion and a lot of the tweaking is going to be based on you as a player as well as how your healers feel about healing you.

*Just as an added Caveat, this is setting your stats on the very safe side of things especially for 10 man. You could easily get away with favoring a very general Crit > Mastery > Haste set up and probably be fine*
    Wow thanks ^^ when I get home from work I'll see that and give some feedback , but since this crappy work computer runs on IE 9 I cant use askmrrobot here ^^.

Not many Brewmasters seem to understand the safe bet of stam trinkets, so hats off to you.
    Its not living if you aren't going from 100% to 10% every boss melee swing. I will say with my recent shift to 25m H after we cleared 10m H, I'm liking my vial more and more instead of it just being a situational trinket I used for malkorok (incase our dps was slow and we got a second bloodrage aka dead dps) and Siegecrafter (guard for every debuff). That said it doesn't go on until Malkorok, I take it off for spoils, and it goes back on for Thok and beyond.

I could see using vial for malkorok and maybe paragons. Outside of those two, meh. Even malk would be a toss up if you can kill it before the 2nd blood rage (which we do now, so maybe just paragons?)

gemming: Most people will say to not use agi gems in anyway, as it's pissing in the wind compared to vengeance. so either ignore the agi/crit gems and replace with crit (or mastery, your choice depending on your build) or just keep them. /shrug
    Last edited by Promdates; 2014-06-12 at 07:23 PM.

I just got home and started seeing the values , yeah thats kinda what I had planned ^^ Thank you so much!

I could see using vial for malkorok and maybe paragons. Outside of those two, meh. Even malk would be a toss up if you can kill it before the 2nd blood rage (which we do now, so maybe just paragons?)
    Our 25m kills are still two sketchy for me to not want it, and I'm not totally comfortable since over half our healers are new and I"m not comfortable with'em yet so for Malk and Thok + I like the extra saftey net. Also the H Vial lines up guards so nicely, makes it totally worth it for the ease of it imo.

Hey there!

I'm new to BM tanking and been following this topic a few days ago. It answered a lot of questions I had and I'm really grateful for everyone who contributed! I would like to ask some specific questions, which probably had been asked throughout the 284 pages (I couldn't read it all, sorry )

* The T16 4P bonus seems pretty weak, yet it was mentioned as BIS on the OP. Considering a 25H BM monk, is this bonus really worth it?

* I'm finding REALLY difficult to engage multiple or large packs of creatures (e.g. Siegecrafter trash mobs). Still, I watched some monks pulling infinite packs so easily (such as CM World best runners) that it makes me think I'm skipping something really important. Can you guys please tell me how you deal with this? What I'm trying nowadays is Keg Smash/Blackout Kick asap, then keep Shuffle up, Guard on cooldown, Expel Harm if my health drops too fast and Purifying Brew when Stagger gets too high.

Thanks!