Page 11 of 155 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    It 'looks' like the original UB, but works and feels entirely different. It's a great ability, but just not what it was...
    It's fantastic as a tanking tool, being resource free and refreshing every second it's basically 40 seconds of area effect damage on a 90 second cool down.

Unholy in arena not revolving around NS, now that will really feel weird. hopefully they'll make SS remotely useful compared to the way it is now.
    VII.

hittin Holypally with 7k crit on SS...yea Unholy will be good =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me, or are we switching to FP (DW frost)? What is the consensus on that? I did the first dungeon with my guild today in UP and boy, I was starved for resources pretty much all of the time, but in FP I could never go below 90 or so RP.

(I'm sure this was answered...I'm looking through the thread now, but it is 11 pages)

You know what would be awesome? if they brought back the old SS back in wotlk (before season 8 that is) and just made festering strike a refresher tool, well it already is pretty much and it should stay that way.

Once again, gargoyles should be buffed and why? because their dmg is soo pitiful... oh wow they do 4k dmg normal with their nature bolts (i had 14k str... wow that is alot) and like i said, they are very cced quite a bit and need to be controlled and honestly its a bad spell for a 3 min cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Is it me, or are we switching to FP (DW frost)? What is the consensus on that? I did the first dungeon with my guild today in UP and boy, I was starved for resources pretty much all of the time, but in FP I could never go below 90 or so RP.

(I'm sure this was answered...I'm looking through the thread now, but it is 11 pages)
    DW frost in Beta should be using Frost Presence. UH will cause you to be resource starved as I understand it.

A few observations and impressions from the beta:

Control Undead:
    • Cannot be cast on enemy players or pets.
    • Cannot be the target of your Vile Spew or Death Pact.
    • You lose your pet when entering/leaving an instance.
    • You lose control of your pet if you move too far away from it.

Death Strike damage nerf seems to be to invoke a choice between damage/threat (HS) and mitigation (DS). Personally a fan of this change.
    In line with the changes to the other tanking classes where you choose between defensive and offensive use of your resources.

Conversion is definitely an interesting talent. It seems, however, it'll be hard to fit in or find use of in most situations since you'd generally need the RP to keep your runes going. PvP possibilities. Will definitely be trying this one out more.

Scent of Blood: 50% proc rate. For those wondering.

Anti-Magic Shell makes you immune to the Anti-Magic Zone buff effect. Old?

Blood Tap causes Blood Runes converted to Death runes to not be consumed/changed back when used.

Quote Originally Posted by Denalian View Post
    Scent of Blood: 50% proc rate. For those wondering.

Blood Tap causes Blood Runes converted to Death runes to not be consumed/changed back when used.
    Scent of Blood is a 100% proc rate if you're hit and expertise capped - i.e. you hit it on every swing. It's a 100% proc rate. At least with a two hander.

Just tried the Blood Tap thing and it converted it back to a Blood Rune regardless of what ability I used with it.

Soo, i just played the mop beta and i am not happy with my results...

Not to be too negative but i don't think unholy/frost dks are gonna get anywhere in mop.

Just remember beta is beta, There will likely be lots of changes from now till it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Soo, i just played the mop beta and i am not happy with my results...

Not to be too negative but i don't think unholy/frost dks are gonna get anywhere in mop.
    Yeah, monks are looking better and better honestly. Even if the beta looks decent for DKs we all know we will be nerfed into the ground come 1st/2nd patch or through hotfixes

15+ Year Old Account
    What's up with unholy this time? *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    Just remember beta is beta, There will likely be lots of changes from now till it goes live.
    Those in the Cata beta know that "beta is beta" doesn't get anything fixed or solved, people are always so quick to forget and never learn from history, which is a shame.

I actually wish SS was the focus for UH in PvP. I hate the mechanics of necrotic even though it was stupidly good before healing got buffed in Cata. Making it cost death runes is going to be another nail in the coffin for it. Does anyone know what's going to compensate for the necrotic nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
    I actually wish SS was the focus for UH in PvP. I hate the mechanics of necrotic even though it was stupidly good before healing got buffed in Cata. Making it cost death runes is going to be another nail in the coffin for it. Does anyone know what's going to compensate for the necrotic nerf?
    My thoughts exactly. My guess would be that they just buff all other damage to make up for the lack of NS.

OT: Have they finally fixed the bug wherein using your pet's Leap/Shambling Rush while it's rooted causes it to go on CD regardless of whether it's successful or not? That bug is annoying as all hell...
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Darkedge View Post
    Those in the Cata beta know that "beta is beta" doesn't get anything fixed or solved, people are always so quick to forget and never learn from history, which is a shame.
    Possibly. But to think that no class will get adjustments throughout the expansion is silly -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Darkedge View Post
    Agree 100%

I remember Cata beta when a lot of the issues we were plagued with throughout the expansion were first discovered or predicted.
    Something would be brought up in a forum, and everyone was like "beta is beta"...

But guess what.... they were never addressed in beta. Some were hot-fixed after being live for some time; some still exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    My thoughts exactly. My guess would be that they just buff all other damage to make up for the lack of NS.

OT: Have they finally fixed the bug wherein using your pet's Leap/Shambling Rush while it's rooted causes it to go on CD regardless of whether it's successful or not? That bug is annoying as all hell...
    Yeah, hopefully they do that, but knowing blizzard, they probably won't. They like to take things away from classes without compensating.

In general, it's pretty sad that in order to have fun and compete in PvP, one has to either have to play rogue or a spellcaster. Hopefully this won't be the case in MoP, but I have no real faith in Blizzard. At best, Dks and warriors might be "overpowered" for a patch or half of one in MoP.
    Last edited by Powerflux; 2012-04-04 at 04:48 PM.

I have been keeping a very close eye on a lot of sources regarding DK's, a lot of opinion tends to sway towards T5 (lvl75) being a mediocre decision for us, no other class seems to have their class viability tied to a tier in such an extreme fashion, for example a hunter doesn't need to choose whether they get a pet or not, as they need it to be competitive.

It seems a lot (not everyone) of people determine that Runic Corruption is going to be the best course of action most of the time, so why not make it baseline and give us something different?

One idea could be this:

Presence Mastery

Passive

The benefits of your current presence are increased by 10% at all times.

Presence Aura

Passive

Depending on your current presence you provide a benefit to all party and raid members.

Blood -- 4% of all damage is returned as healing.
    Frost -- 5 Mastery.
    Unholy -- Ebon plaguebringer, all party and raid members now do 8% extra magic damage and disease damage is increased by 30%.

Death Presence

Active

1 Minute Cooldown

The Death Knight harnesses unholy energy to take on the presence of death, combining the benefits of all presences for 10 seconds.

Just an example.

There have been some rumblings that Blood tap could be better for some tanks and of course the howling blast spam style would lean towards runic empowerment, so would a new tier be better/worthwhile?

I certainly think tier 75 should be changed. While I can understand that some people may want RC or some RE etc, at the end of the day it's going to be hard to balance these talents and it'll be easy to theorycraft which is the best performing talent. Everyone who's interested in progress and min maxing will choose the best performing one, presumably RC.

This goes against their whole design philosophy for the new talent system.