10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Random question: Anyone tested the interaction between Stampede and Lynx Rush? Would log in and test but CBA to redownload 20gb of client to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

They're making MM shittier and shittier. They basically took all the MM utility (Silencing and Readiness) and made it baseline. What is the point on playing MM now? They need to buff the steady shot proc. Make it stack to 3 or buff the 60% chance per shot. Chimera better hit like a truck or something...
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2012-07-16 at 05:29 PM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    They're making MM shittier and shittier. They basically took all the MM utility (Silencing and Deterrence) and made it baseline. What is the point on playing MM now? They need to buff the steady shot proc. Make it stack to 3 or buff the 60% chance per shot. Chimera better hit like a truck or something...
    You know... Deterrence was allways baseline... and Silence Shot is know only skillable.. so not baseline.

But i think you are half right. MM was in PvP good with the synenergie of the early SV talents. I think without the root from your ice and snaketraps Mm will have a really hard time.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're making MM shittier and shittier. They basically took all the MM utility (Silencing and Deterrence) and made it baseline. What is the point on playing MM now? They need to buff the steady shot proc. Make it stack to 3 or buff the 60% chance per shot. Chimera better hit like a truck or something...
    making Silencing shot a talent has taken nothing away from MM and given a very useful option to to BM and SV.
    And Chimaera shot DOES hit like a truck. It hits for way more than Explosive shot at the moment.

The removal of the minimum range is also great for MM, though does that totally make up for the loss of the roots from Ice and Snake traps? probably not, but it helps.

They also fixed MM mastery and Piercing shots from breaking CC, you should be happy, they listen to us when we tell them our concerns.

Alright I said Deterrence meant Readiness, my bad. But I'm still correct. They fixed breaking our own cc, meaning it was broken I can care less about that because they should have done it ages ago. Aimed shot proc needs to be revised.

PS. Min range removal its a hunter thing not an MM thing and honestly you still wont want people close to you anyway. It does help in arena against pillar humpers I'll give you that.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    I guess you meant readiness not deterrence. You have a point though. Add to that list; posthaste, no access to entrapment, powershot (not 90 on beta yet so don't know how damage compares?) as an alternative opener to Aimed, nerfed CS self heals, no more pet focus regen talents, no more rapid recup/killing synergy and what exactly are you left with. Steady shot and an Aimed Shot! proc once every 5 arena games.

FYI, piercing shots still breaks Wyvern Sting- just tested it on beta.

On another note, I'm thinking of taking the Black Ice glyph.

Glyph of Black Ice

"While you move through the area affected by your Ice Trap you gain 50% movement speed."

Remember that this glyph was originally designed as a major talent to compete with no-cd freezing traps and transmorph trap. I'm not saying it's as good as those were- it's not - but it was clearly designed to be a serious ability. Also, I'm one of those hunters who likes wyvern sting for world pvp/duels, and I can always use my wyvern sting as a substitute for freezing trap, especially since it was just buffed to remove the DOT. So I think this glyph has good synergy with wyvern sting, especially since wyvern sting shares DR with freezing trap. Since we have readiness I can see us being able to use both together within a reasonable time period.

I think this would be a very useful ability to have if you're fighting another hunter who pops stampede- you can't freezing trap 5 pets, but you can likely outrun them with this ability. The same applies to the new shadow priest shadowfiend ability, which splits them into multiple fiends with a minor glyph. The same goes for treants, enhance shaman wolves, etc.

I'm not sure I'll take it, but I'm not that thrilled with my third glyph spot, and it looks like this might be a good candidate for it. It's at least worth considering.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-07-16 at 07:08 PM.

MM is still the un-fun and half-assed spec to play in PvP, and has an even more aggravating rotation in MOP in raids. Until Master Marksman gets revamp, then the mechanic will still be useless and nonexistent in PvP. From what I've heard, Survival's still a top contender for being the PvP spec, simply because most of its damage bypasses armor.

Do we still have Roar of Sacrifice from our pets? If not I feel like we may be pretty damn squishy in arena regardless of whatever we may be able to do to create distance from melee. Ranged will still have a field day with us just like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastic View Post
    Do we still have Roar of Sacrifice from our pets?
    Yes, as long as they are cunning, and you can make any pet cunning. So any pet can have RoS now, even a spirit beast.

Deleted
    I'd be happy if silencing shot was baseline. Seems fair, even if you consider that hunter is the only ranged class that can't be interrupted, we still have other limitations like in trap. Plus, with the removal of certain snares.....

And yes, unless they fix the proc in MM, I guess we gonna see many survival hunters in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Random question: Anyone tested the interaction between Stampede and Lynx Rush? Would log in and test but CBA to redownload 20gb of client to do so.
    Does not work. Well, not how you'd think. All pet related abilities a hunter can cats work with our main pet, but not the other 4(aka Kill Command, Blink Strike, Lynx Rush).

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    So... Has anyone else noticed the DoT on Wyvern Sting is gone? AMAZING FIX, Only took 3 expansions. Still, nobody will take over Silencing for PvP (what the talent is really oriented at)
    Yup, we're all pretty happy about that. We just want a shorter CD on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Has the pet scaling been fixed in the latest build? I don't remember reading anything about it.
    Yes, it has(or so GC says).

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tastic View Post
    Do we still have Roar of Sacrifice from our pets? If not I feel like we may be pretty damn squishy in arena regardless of whatever we may be able to do to create distance from melee. Ranged will still have a field day with us just like usual.
    Yes, we do. Only from Cunning, like before.

And guys, make sure you read the front page before asking questions! A lot of the info is there.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    MM is still the un-fun and half-assed spec to play in PvP, and has an even more aggravating rotation in MOP in raids. Until Master Marksman gets revamp, then the mechanic will still be useless and nonexistent in PvP. From what I've heard, Survival's still a top contender for being the PvP spec, simply because most of its damage bypasses armor.
    The only problem I forsee with making MMM proc more is making MM too powerful. As it is now, at 88, my Aimed Shots were critting for roughly 100-110k. Thats a big crit. And right now, I was getting MMM procs roughly every 45 seconds.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    I'd be happy if silencing shot was baseline. Seems fair, even if you consider that hunter is the only ranged class that can't be interrupted, we still have other limitations like in trap. Plus, with the removal of certain snares.....

And yes, unless they fix the proc in MM, I guess we gonna see many survival hunters in pvp.
    Well, even though we can't be interrupted, we can be both silenced and disarmed. Silence rids us of traps, pet abilities(KC, Blink Strike, Lynx Rush), and probably some of other new talents like Murder of Crows, Dire Beast, Exhiliration, etc. Then Disarm gets rid of most of the rest. But anyway, yeah, I agree. It should be baseline. We're the only class(I think) that has to talent a silence/interrupt.

And don't forget about BM hunters! They will be rocking in PvP. BEstial Wrath is a 1 minute cooldown now and works like a trinket. Focus Fire is equivalent to Rapid Fire. Able to get Silencing Shot. BM is going to be that spec that no one expects to be good in PvE and PvP(like always), but then sneaks up on everyone and rolls them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    The only problem I forsee with making MMM proc more is making MM too powerful. As it is now, at 88, my Aimed Shots were critting for roughly 100-110k. Thats a big crit. And right now, I was getting MMM procs roughly every 45 seconds.
    In what context? It procs fine in PvE and even if you get to stand and turret in BGs but arena? How does Powershot damage compare to this?

And don't forget about BM hunters! They will be rocking in PvP. BEstial Wrath is a 1 minute cooldown now and works like a trinket. Focus Fire is equivalent to Rapid Fire. Able to get Silencing Shot. BM is going to be that spec that no one expects to be good in PvE and PvP(like always), but then sneaks up on everyone and rolls them.
    As much as it pains me; it is looking likely, especially with synergy with the pet based talents and readiness resetting BW.
    Last edited by mmoc0c57e8e47f; 2012-07-16 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buachaille View Post

As much as it pains me; it is looking likely, especially with synergy with the pet based talents and readiness resetting BW.
    It has me squealing with delight, I love BM so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    It has me squealing with delight, I love BM so much.
    Hehe, well each to his own I suppose

I've just always found BM and it's teams more zergy in play style and less reliant on CC. Remember it struggled even to access Scatter for a while. I also don't like relying on my pet for so much damage. Well perhaps now it has Silencing and Readiness.....

On that note, what does Intimidation share DR with?

In what context? It procs fine in PvE and even if you get to stand and turret in BGs but arena? How does Powershot damage compare to this?
    Oh sorry. Yeah, from a PvE perspective. However, my point was that its going to be very hard to balance it between PvP and PvE. Increase the proc too much, and PvE damage goes up more. Imo, it should have a mechanic for PvP, such as whenever you are hit, you gain a stack of MMM, can only trigger once every 5 seconds or 10 seconds or something. Allows for quicker stacking in PvP without affecting PvE too much?

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 11:59 PM ----------

Hehe, well each to his own I suppose

I've just always found BM and it's teams more zergy in play style and less reliant on CC. Remember it struggled even to access Scatter for a while. I also don't like relying on my pet for so much damage. Well perhaps now it has Silencing and Readiness.....

On that note, what does Intimidation share DR with?
    Intimidation is a controlled stun, so anything else that is in that category(for us, only pet stuns).

Here's a list though that might help yall.

Controlled Stun
    Intimidation(BM)
    Binding Shot(Talent)
    Paralyzing Quill(Porcupine)
    Sonic Blast(Bat)
    Sting(Wasp)
    Web Wrap(Shale Spider)
    Lullaby(Crane)[Note: This should be in the Disorient category in-game, but it's either incorrectly labeled or bugged.]
    Bad Manner(Monkey)[Note: This should be in the Disorient category in-game, but it's either incorrectly labeled or bugged.]

Disorient
    Freezing Trap
    Wyvern Sting(Talent)

Silence
    Silencing Shot(Talent)

Confuse/Scatter
    Scatter Shot

Fear
    Scare Beast

Disarm
    Snatch(Birds of Prey)
    Clench(Scorpion)

Controlled Root
    Lock Jaw(Dog)
    Pin(Crab)

Taunt
    Distracting Shot

Cyclone
    Petrifying Gaze(Baslisk)

Other categories we're not included in are: Random Stun, Random Root, and Horror. I think there is also Opening Stun, but I think that DR is gone now.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-07-17 at 06:19 PM.

Love to see BM love.

Although...MM looks kind of weak. The 110k crits are actually weak (Aimed Shots, I believe it was?), if you think about it now. Unless it was on a PvP target, where it would be nice and dandy, it doesn't do that much damage like you'd expect it to. Right now, I see MM as your ranger-ish class, that pumps out arrows like there were no tomorrow, with quite a bit hard hits between (Chimera, Aimed/proc and Arcane?). I expected it to be kinda fast hitting with auto-shots and steadys, and the Chimera/Aimed to be really hard hitting, like, around 200k in PvE and Arcane to be medium-to-hard hitting. Of course, this would be OP if the pet did quite a lot damage, too, so I'd expect MM to benefit from the pets the least, Survival not that much and BM to rely on them.

The Blink Strike talent looks kind of weak and boring, in my opinion, too. Blink Strike and Lynx Rush should do more damage, Blink perhaps around 60k-100k and give immunity to your pet from roots/things for x amount of time, Lynx Rush to deal totalling about 200k damage from attacks. Dunno about the numbers, but they do hit low IMO right now. (Or Lynx Rush to deal less damage, 110k-140k and apply a daze that can stack?).

Didn't test how well pets scale with mastery, but with consideration into latest GC quote, pets don't get direct benefit through mastery. When I remeber how the stat priority for the speccs are on live, MM will have the strongest pets after bm's with sufficient mastery

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Intimidation is a controlled stun, so anything else that is in that category(for us, only pet stuns).

Here's a list though that might help yall.

Controlled Stun
    Intimidation(BM)
    Binding Shot(Talent)
    Paralyzing Quill(Porcupine)
    Sonic Blast(Bat)
    Sting(Wasp)
    Web Wrap(Shale Spider)

Disorient
    Freezing Trap
    Wyvern Sting(Talent)
    Petrifying Gaze(Baslisk)
    Lullaby(Crane)
    Bad Manner(Monkey)

Silence
    Silencing Shot(Talent)
    Nether Shock(Nether Ray)[if interrupts]
    Pummel(Gorilla)[if interrupts]

Confuse/Scatter
    Scatter Shot

Fear
    Scare Beast

Disarm
    Snatch(Birds of Prey)
    Clench(Scorpion)

Controlled Root
    Lock Jaw(Dog)
    Pin(Crab)

Taunt
    Distracting Shot

Other categories we're not included in are: Random Stun, Random Root, and Horror. I think there is also Opening Stun, but I think that DR is gone now.
    Bad Manner doesn't DR with freezing trap dude. Iirc it's bizarrely in the controlled stun category even though it breaks on damage. Wher did you get this list from? I thought i heard some of the new pet abilities' DRs mentioned in this thread. I'll see if I can find.

Bad Manner doesn't DR with freezing trap dude. Iirc it's bizarrely in the controlled stun category even though it breaks on damage. Wher did you get this list from? I thought i heard some of the new pet abilities' DRs mentioned in this thread. I'll see if I can find.
    Bad Manner SHOULD DR with those actually. Both apply the disorient debuff. If you attack someone with Bad Manner, it breaks the disorient. But yes, it is in the Controlled Stun DR, despite the fact that it shouldnt be. I'll have to check what it DRs with on beta. And I made this list.

Edit: Just checked. Bad Manner and Lullaby are still on the Controlled Stun DR.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-07-17 at 10:41 AM.