Deleted
    I'm not sure about exact numbers on MoP (havent been on beta for about 2 months) but imo MM need at least 2 things now:
    a) 3 min readiness (MM only) and
    b) 'fixed' MMM - with all focus changes 5stacks is just too much (i would love to see it at 3 stacks or even better - 3 stacks = free instant aimed (100%dmg), 4stacks = free instant aimed (~130-150%dmg) and 5 stacks = free instant aimed (~160-200%dmg))
    [c) more than base 3% heal on chimera would be nice]

Quote Originally Posted by Yaevinn View Post
    I'm not sure about exact numbers on MoP (havent been on beta for about 2 months) but imo MM need at least 2 things now:
    a) 3 min readiness (MM only) and
    b) 'fixed' MMM - with all focus changes 5stacks is just too much (i would love to see it at 3 stacks or even better - 3 stacks = free instant aimed (100%dmg), 4stacks = free instant aimed (~130-150%dmg) and 5 stacks = free instant aimed (~160-200%dmg))
    [c) more than base 3% heal on chimera would be nice]
    I agree with all of this. It would bring MM back from the dead but it won't make it the PvP spec to play either.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I agree with all of this. It would bring MM back from the dead but it won't make it the PvP spec to play either.
    It'll never happen but actually I'd like to see either Readiness or Silencing Shot to once again be MM only. It's just stupid to take both of the signatures spells of a spec and make it available for everyone. Just as stupid as it would be to give both Shadow Dance AND Preparation to every rogue.

oh wow, all I can say is that I think this has got to be the best (or one of the best) beta builds inc. There are so many delicious and overdue scaling improvements

Did Aimed Shot really get super-buffed, or is that a tooltip fix?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    oh wow, all I can say is that I think this has got to be the best (or one of the best) beta builds inc. There are so many delicious and overdue scaling improvements
    Druids got the best of the new build, but yeah hunters are making out like bandits though Cobra now has RAP scaling removed and its just 100% Weapon Damage. Looks like that is to make up for the extreme buff to Arcane Shot.

Can't say people didn't see these buffs coming, I mean, GC did promise us they'd fix our scaling, so this is all obviously very much needed. I can't wait to hop on the beta once this is deployed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's not all good. Beast Cleave, my favorite new addition from beta, got gutted pretty much. It was probably warranted, it was crazy good before... but I'm still pretty bummed about it. Nice to see all of these abilities get scaling and damage improvements, especially Arcane Shot and the L90 talents. I still think Powershot is pretty useless with the long cast time and 1min cooldown. It will hit ridiculously hard now, though.

That Aimed Shot change has to be wrong, right? It can't do that much damage... that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    Are you sure about the 120k ? Really doesn't sound right to me, as that is roughly twice the amount I'm used to seeing so far from the normal mode tests.

Getting high ranks early on has a lot to do with how fast your guild progresses as well as how lucky you are. I was rank 2 BM hunter on Yor'sahj 25hc the first week.

...there were only 2 BM hunter logs on that fight at that point.
    I was the rank 3 MM hunter on 10 man H-Spine, when there were only 7 MM logs, lol. It's nice for a week, but in 10 man you just can't have the buffs fed to you as much as you'd like.

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 06:47 PM ----------

BM seems to have had the nerf bat taken to it, with the only buff being a 13% baseline to 16% baseline on their mastery, but MM and SV were both buffed it seems. AS dmg doubled, Glaive Toss dmg doubled, slight buff to SS, slight nerf to CS, Aimed Shot from 160% to 400?!? Chim from 115% to 300%? MMM procs only needing 3 stacks instead of 5? Wild Quiver almost doubled baseline, though 50% shot damage (wasn't it already 50% and the tooltip is just being clarified?)

Also, ExS had a massive buff in terms of focus cost - 44 focus to TWENTY FIVE focus for SV's signature shot, amazing. Double dmg on SrS in SV too.

Edit: I'm also wondering if Bombardment in MM will stack with TotH, making MS's free during TotH after the initial MS?
    Last edited by eschatological; 2012-07-27 at 06:48 PM.

Aimed shot pretty much NEEDS to hit like a truck as we discussed above with the gutting of the MM tree. I'm definitely happy with these changes giving the MM tree huge burst capacity.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    BM seems to have had the nerf bat taken to it, with the only buff being a 13% baseline to 16% baseline on their mastery, but MM and SV were both buffed it seems. AS dmg doubled, Glaive Toss dmg doubled, slight buff to SS, slight nerf to CS, Aimed Shot from 160% to 400?!? Chim from 115% to 300%? MMM procs only needing 3 stacks instead of 5? Wild Quiver almost doubled baseline, though 50% shot damage (wasn't it already 50% and the tooltip is just being clarified?)

Also, ExS had a massive buff in terms of focus cost - 44 focus to TWENTY FIVE focus for SV's signature shot, amazing. Double dmg on SrS in SV too.

Edit: I'm also wondering if Bombardment in MM will stack with TotH, making MS's free during TotH after the initial MS?
    Looks to me like Kill Command is getting an overall buff and a pretty big one at that with RAP scaling almost doubling and only a slight nerf to the static damage

Edit: Oh and cobra strikes stacking is awesome!!!
    Last edited by bil; 2012-07-27 at 07:22 PM.

Wow these are some serious buffs we got in this build. Think these are gonna stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrmint View Post
    Wow these are some serious buffs we got in this build. Think these are gonna stick?
    I'm guessing Aimed Shot might get toned down to like 275%. Chimera shot might perhaps take a small hit too, but everything else, especially the LVL90 talents, kinda ought to be as strong.

Deleted
    I usually not QQ, but now on my RP hunter I won't be able to have dual wield swords plus a bow Hope they make some transmog slot for that, so I stil can show the swords or axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    BM is getting love because it has been the spec with the most problems. Between Kill Commands range, and pets always dying, and it being low on damage, or lacking the control of other specs. The 'love' its getting is bringing it up to par with the other 2 specs. And its not going to be any more faceroll than SV or MM. It has the same amount of buttons to use, more CC to use, requires more skill/concentration/whatever you want to call it(imo) to control the pet, etc. I feel its playstyle is much more suited to PvP than MM. It feels more fluid and less focus starved all of the time(much less 'casty' too). One of the biggest reasons MM is so great for PvP(for the most part) is Readiness/Silencing Shot. Both of those will be available to BM and SV.

*shrugs* Maybe Im just a BM fanboy. xD
    I agree except for the pets always dying part. My BM pets never die in live and haven't for a very long time. I also never have to worry about using mend pet. In the beta, they're a lot squishier due to bloodthirsty being removed and you have to use mend pet a lot. I have also talented Exhilaration and have Heart of the Phoenix in the pet bar. I have always preferred BM and only played a different spec, MM, for the last half of ICC when the gear began favoring it by more than 5% over BM. The 5% can be easily made up by BM's superiority in fights where the Hunter has to move a lot. Even now on live, I only do better as SV when I don't have to move, like on Ultraxion. The sniper training gives SV an advantage there. To me BM is not only the most fun spec to play, but also the most realistic by far. Why tame a vicious beast only to have it turn into a cardboard cutout of itself in MM and SV?

I have found that BM is the strongest spec in the beta but it's harder to play with the added abilities of Blink Strike, Dire Beast, Stampede, and Glaive Toss requiring more button pushes than before. Maybe Fervor would be better than Dire Beast but DB is much more fun.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Yes, Wild Quiver does 50% weapon damage now, but we’ve increased the proc rate substantially to compensate. Also, the next build you get should include a significant number of changes to hunter ability damage, so it’s probably best to wait until then for really detailed investigation of their damage formulae. Super brief and incomplete summary of changes include nearly doubling Wild Quiver’s proc chance; doubling the damage of the level 90 talents; buffing BM’s Mastery considerably; Master Marksman reduced to 3 stacks; doubling the damage of Black Arrow and Serpent Sting for Survival; significantly nerfing Beast Cleave; nearly halving the cost of Explosive Shot; buffing Aimed, Arcane, and Chimera Shot noticeably; nerfing Cobra shot noticeably; nearly doubling the damage of Kill Command; reducing the cost of Arcane Shot; nerfing Focus Fire and Frenzy somewhat… There have been a lot of changes to Hunter damage. from the beta class balance thread(not sure how to quote from it). thats most of our buffs/nerfs in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    BM seems to have had the nerf bat taken to it, with the only buff being a 13% baseline to 16% baseline on their mastery...
    The only real nerf I feel had a big impact was Beast Cleave. I was wondering if it wouldn't be worth it to use a Chimera/Worm but depending on how those numbers turn out with both pets being spec'd ferocity. It remains to be seen if the 25% cleave and a needed buff pet is going to trump the sustained breath/ burrow burst on any given fight that needs AoE. That is assuming that during both attacks that the Beast Cleave buff doesnt have any impact on both pets AoE ability.

The nerf to Frenzy/FF brings the haste buff down from 40% down to 25%. I could see that having a larger impact on numbers, but I have no idea what the stat weights for BM is right now. The buff to the base mastery, the pseudo buff to cobra strikes, and the buff to arcane shot most likely compensate for this in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Brayis; 2012-07-27 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    These people in the beta forums make me angry. The new build isn't even out and the hunters call for MM nerfs already without having tested.
    Then i read shit like SV and BM were way worse than MM. Do these people just look at simcraft numbers and decide wich spec is better? Simcraft always overvalues MM.
    In the Beta for me SV and BM were pretty even and MM was lagging behind quite a bit.
    Then the people say that a 300% weapon damage chimera shot is too powerful and should be 200%. Don't they realise that as MM half the time you spam steady shot for glorious 70% weapon damage that is reduced by armor to like half of that value? We only get one chim shot every 9 seconds, so it has to hit hard.
    At least for PvE those changes sound plausible to me. How Blizz wants to balance that damage in pvp is another question.

glorious mm master race

Holy crap MM buffs. Holy crap BM buffs. Holy crap SV buffs. I r happy. :3

Updating front page now.

Updated:
    -did not update with all of the damage buffs, but will include them in this list for easier reading
    -reduced focus cost on Arcane Shot and Explosive Shot
    -increased focus cost on Kill Command and Chimera Shot
    -damage/scaling increased on Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, Aimed Shot, Chimera Shot, Kill Command, Explosive Shot, and Serpent Sting(SV Only),
    -doubled damage on level 90 talents
    -TotH now reduces focus cost by 20, rather than making AS/MS free
    -Beast Cleave, Focus Fire, Frenzy, Go for the Throat, and Cobra Shot had numbers reduced(dare I say nerfed slightly)
    -BM and MM mastery substantially buffed
    -Master Marksman only requires 3 stacks instead of 5
    -Bombardment reduces focus cost of Multshots by 20, instead of 50%
    -bite/Claw/Smack extra effect of costing 120% more focus reduced to 100%
    -Black Arrow buffed/nerfed? Probably buffed..according to a blue anyway.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-07-27 at 10:14 PM.