Ooh, someone pointed this out to me. Can't believe I didn't notice

A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it a damaged skin mask? By which I mean a mask under a mask. Maskception.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Wasn't it a damaged skin mask? By which I mean a mask under a mask. Maskception.
    No, it washed off in the water. You can actually still see a bit of red paint washing off in the second picture.

Wait, if the make-up wasn't waterproof, shouldn't it be smudged due to sweat?
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Supposedly the short scene when she runs to the cliff and looks down is supposed to be an allusion to considering suicide. That's why Aang is able to connect to her--that's why he said "When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change." Being depressed enough to consider jumping off a cliff is pretty low. The Avatar State, being a defense mechanism for when the Avatar is in danger, would have kicked in right there.

I also hate that scene. If it is supposed to represent considering suicide, then fuck that shit. Aang was a 12 year old boy who was the sole survivor of total genocide, the world held him responsible for 100 years of misery, is killed and only brought back because of some magic water that Katara would have used on Zuko's face if she had an extra 5 minutes, is defeated during the Day of Black Sun, and when he finally worked up the courage to let Katara know that he liked her she pretty much shot him down and told him to ask again later if he doesn't die against the Fire Lord.

Meanwhile Korra fights a particularly troublesome waterbender, is defeated once, is later surrounded by everyone who loves her including her parents to lend support, and is told by the guy that she likes that he loves her and is leaving his current girlfriend for her. And then she considers taking a jump.

If that's how the cliff was actually supposed to be interpreted, then I have absolutely no sympathy for her.
    I don't relate the cliff to suicide at all...I just see it as the fact that the Avatar is now missing 3 elements which is a great deal. Aang only showed up because Korra magically learned how to airbend (jack-shit is explained really), which supposedly connected her to the spiritual side. Now that she was connected but still extremely sad, Aang finally showed up to set everything right.

Deleted
    Lol she was sitting there just saying "Not now Tenzin" and your mind goes "SHE WANTS TO SUICIDE" wtf is wrong with people these days lol.
    Yeah I noticed that with Amon aswell, suppose he painted his eyebrows which makes the slightly faint and his lip... well I dont know

Dude, she runs to a cliff and the scene specifically shifts to look down and show you how high it is. Her tear falls off the edge which means she was looking over it. The previous scene was a murder-suicide of two brothers.

The scene is pretty obvious a loose allusion to it.

Here's a examination AVClub did of the segment--

Korra’s just found out the best healer in the world can’t do anything for her. Her last hope to hang onto the identity she’s had since childhood is gone. Mako tells her he loves her; she tells him to go away, that she’s “not the Avatar anymore.” Her misery calls back to the dream she had in “The Voice In The Night,” where her own subconscious—dressed as scary Amon—tells her “Once I take your bending away, you will be nothing.” Korra goes out to a cliff, and walks up to the very, very edge—she’s close enough that from her looking-down POV we see a tear actually falling all the way down the side of the cliff, which means her head is leaning out over the drop. I can’t think of a reason to use that specific shot unless it’s to imply that she went up there to throw herself off the cliff.

Supporting this theory: When she pulls back, sits down, decides to keep living as a person who isn’t inherently special, and starts thinking for real about what that means—that’s the instant Aang finally shows up to declare “You have finally connected with your spiritual self!” This all feels like fan-wanking, but the alternate explanation seems to be “He showed up then because she was… continuing to be sad? And that continuing sadness somehow resolved her spiritual block?” That’s unsatisfying, unearned, and also doesn’t really make a lot of sense. The more I think about the oddness of that POV shot, Aang’s timing, and, most importantly, how not okay Nickelodeon would be with showing a hero contemplating suicide, the more sense it makes to consider the final-final battle of the season as completely internal—and pretty damn dark.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/skele...endgame,81693/
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-06-25 at 04:58 PM.

She was not gonna do that, the scene wasn't about that.
    Playing since 2007.

Alright, so the better explanation is that Korra runs to a cliff, looks over the edge to cry and not consider jumping, then sits down and Aang shows up just because, when her emotional state was no different than it was 10 minutes earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright here's one I just made for another thing that made no goddamn sense:

Deleted
    First of all, I very much love the series (and ATLA as well), but one thing's been bothering me, a lot.

The way the mechatanks and other vehicles move. Planes, cars, motorcycles.. they're animated in a totally different way than the characters and it's just so off-putting to even look at them. I can't be the only one who has this issue, as it's really an eyesore to me.

So, does anyone else feel that way?

It's really the only real issue I have with the series, as other things are just unexplained mysteries so far.

I wouldn't have used a pic from the non-canon pilot (If I Recognize Correctly), but otherwise spot-on.

Deleted
    This guy is just retarded in his mind, its a nick show not anything would refer to suicide, your "Source" is either self created or some lame theory craft, she was looking out over the sea was also a possbility, freeing her mind, then she sat down, to think, crying, she unlocked that very little bit she needed to connect with Aang.
    Solid theory right? Its proven! end of story.

Thats how you seem to work lmao, just leave the lame theory's in your mind, we do not need them here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    I wouldn't have used a pic from the non-canon pilot (If I Recognize Correctly), but otherwise spot-on.
    ...non-canon pilot? Are you referring to Aang making that wind tunnel thing? That's in Book 2 where they free earthbenders from the metal/coal prison, he uses that thing to shoot coal at the guards remember?

Deleted

As for you kind sir, this is 80 years later... bending has developed... Blood Bending can be done without full moon, lightning is now used to get power to the city's and metal bending is basicly a all round earthbending skill if you are somewhat skilled... things do not stay the same.

Its the same as saying "Well a car in 1940 only drove 30 miles an hour max, now they drive 300... its not possible..." like dafuq man, times change :P no flame intended btw with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    As for you kind sir, this is 80 years later... bending has developed... Blood Bending can be done without full moon, lightning is now used to get power to the city's and metal bending is basicly a all round earthbending skill if you are somewhat skilled... things do not stay the same.

Its the same as saying "Well a car in 1940 only drove 30 miles an hour max, now they drive 300... its not possible..." like dafuq man, times change :P no flame intended btw with this.
    Not to mention Korra had JUST unlocked Airbending. She hasn't had any training with actually doing Airbending. She's not going to be able to use it like a master yet. And Aang has used Airbending similarly in the TLA as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

10+ Year Old Account

<airbending comparison pic>
    I don't completely agree with that. I'm fairly certain Aang has thrown out airbending punches and kicks for little blasts of air in TLA. Also, when Mako, Bolin and Korra are in the Pro-Bending arenas fighting, most of their fighting looks pretty similar. I'm beginning to think that the concentrated bending attacks, such as punching and kicking, generally looks the same for all types of bending.

This guy is just retarded in his mind, its a nick show not anything would refer to suicide, your "Source" is either self created or some lame theory craft, she was looking out over the sea was also a possbility, freeing her mind, then she sat down, to think, crying, she unlocked that very little bit she needed to connect with Aang.
    Solid theory right? Its proven! end of story.

Thats how you seem to work lmao, just leave the lame theory's in your mind, we do not need them here.
    Just because you don't like his theory, doesn't mean you should say he's retarded. He's just as able to speak his opinion as you are. This is a forum and no one needs to keep their "lame theories" to themselves. It's what Forums are for. Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

its a nick show not anything would refer to suicide

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    Just because you don't like his theory, doesn't mean you should say he's retarded. He's just as able to speak his opinion as you are. This is a forum and no one needs to keep their "lame theories" to themselves. It's what Forums are for. Get over it.
    Sigh and so the revolution begins, So guys, Aang suicided aswell, he was bored and felt like he dint have to do anything else so he jumped... seems legit righT?
    My hopes for this forum... sigh.... i'll just leave this discussion and move on to usefull stuff in this thread.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Mhm Korra a Avatar suiciding vs 2 guys that regretted their entire existence.. same as comparing a bunny to an elephant.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for you kind sir, this is 80 years later... bending has developed... Blood Bending can be done without full moon,
    2 people on the entire planet who shared a unique bloodline like Combustion Man.
    lightning is now used to get power to the city's
    Put to good use.
    and metal bending is basicly a all round earthbending skill if you are somewhat skilled
    Nope, metal bending is still the same but has simply been taught to more people.

like dafuq man, times change :P no flame intended btw with this.
    Times change indeed. We're in an era where bending styles are no longer unique and all use the same generic movements. We're in an era where it takes ~5 seconds to master the avatar state as opposed to months/years of training.
    At this rate we'll be in an era where fish walk on land and humans develop gills. Times change right?

Yeah, no.

I know times have changed. But there are clearly some things in this show about which nobody has any idea how or why it is happening, and saying "times change" just doesn't cut it. Once you have established some fundamental grounds you can't just throw water all over it, these are the things that kept the first series interesting and deep.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-25 at 06:02 PM.