Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    That's what I'm saying, as annoying as it is, it's fully understandable.
    Sure, for Book 1. But that excuse goes out the window when she shows no indication of actually learning from her experience while acting like that.

Hell, in Book 1, there were actual moments where she did doubt herself, in scenarios one would expect it to happen. But nope, in Book 2, she's suddenly Ms. Know-it-allPowerhouse, despite there being no reason for her to actually think that.

I'm fine with how she acted in Book 1 for the most part, but for her to act the same way now, shows no sign of character development.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Sure, for Book 1. But that excuse goes out the window when she shows no indication of actually learning from her experience while acting like that.

Hell, in Book 1, there were actual moments where she did doubt herself, in scenarios one would expect it to happen. But nope, in Book 2, she's suddenly Ms. Know-it-allPowerhouse, despite there being no reason for her to actually think that.

I'm fine with how she acted in Book 1 for the most part, but for her to act the same way now, shows no sign of character development.
    Since when do apparent cocky know-it-alls admit to being wrong? And would they actually admit being in the wrong, at all, after defeating someone who threatened every bender on the planet?
    She has been brought up to be the Avatar, an all-powerful individual who has a great destiny.. frankly, she doesn't have to listen to anyone. Her ego has been so inflated through her upbringing that her behaviour is completely understandable. And defeating Amon and being branded as a hero has only fed that further.

nothing excuses korra's outright stupidity. at this point, it's not even just annoying teen angst shit, it's straight up stupidity. she's one of the worst characters i've ever seen outside of a soap opra.

i continue to watch because i want to see it through to the ending, but her bitching and moaning that last episode almost drove me away.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Since when do apparent cocky know-it-alls admit to being wrong? And would they actually admit being in the wrong, at all, after defeating someone who threatened every bender on the planet?
    She has been brought up to be the Avatar, an all-powerful individual who has a great destiny.. frankly, she doesn't have to listen to anyone. Her ego has been so inflated through her upbringing that her behaviour is completely understandable. And defeating Amon and being branded as a hero has only fed that further.
    Well, she's already admitted to her faults before. Like when she broke down crying when Amon beat her the first time, or in Book 2 when she admits to having no actual idea what she's doing. And , sure, she could remain cocky if she actually did anything, but she hasn't. What has she accomplished to inflate her ego exactly? The only fight I can see that she legitamately won was against those three thugs when she first came to the city (and the pro-bending matchs I guess) and she was arrested for it.

All of her other fights, she either lost or lucked out. Hell, she didn't even beat Amon. Her only move against him was a surprise attack because even he couldn't be able to see a deus ex machina coming after him. What defeated his plan? The fact that his makeup wasn't water-proof... that's it. And that didn't even "beat" him. Sure, it ruined his plan to turn the people against benders, but what else did that stop? Amon was already shown to be a much more capable fighter than anyone else we have seen. There was nothing, literally NOTHING, stopping him from simply going back into the building and snapping Korra's neck while forcing Mako to watch. (But you know, she knocked him out of a window, she's clearly stronger...) Everything after that, was Aang's doing.

But sure, let's pretend like she actually did something, the writers seem to be. The fact that she, and the rest of the world it seems, can't even acknowledge this, just helps the idea that she's just really stupid. And that doesn't even begin to go in how apparently being the Avatar means you don't need to know anything about politics or preventing war, just kick stuff around and shout at people... because Korra KNOWS that it's helped her in the past...

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, out of curiosity, where the hell did the apparent neutrality of the Avatar come from? The closest thing we've seen of a neutral avatar was Ruoku, and that started a world war. Other than that, all other shown avatars, even the air bending ones, were not neutral by any means, and Aang sure as shit wasn't. Therefore, why is this random request being made of Korra?
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly the Avatar's job is supposed to bring peace and bal- who gives a fuck.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Supposedly the Avatar's job is supposed to bring peace and bal- who gives a fuck.
    Nah, it's to kick things constantly and bitch about everything that doesn't go exactly your way...

I'm not really sure how what Unalag is doing is any different than what Sozin did... I mean, they are acting like Unalag taking over is perfectly legal. Did I miss something when it came to the North/South Pole leadership? As far as I know, they were still seperate, even after the North sent help toward the South after Book 1.

And they made no mention of the two being ruled under a single guy in LoK as of yet, with Varick even saying that Unalag basically usurped the leadership there. And I belive Katarra and Sokka's Dad was the leader of the Southern Tribe. Maybe not officially, but they treated it like he was.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    nothing excuses korra's outright stupidity. at this point, it's not even just annoying teen angst shit, it's straight up stupidity. she's one of the worst characters i've ever seen outside of a soap opra.

i continue to watch because i want to see it through to the ending, but her bitching and moaning that last episode almost drove me away.
    I don't mind it as much, now that other characters are calling her on it. Remains to be seen if she learns.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, it's to kick things constantly and bitch about everything that doesn't go exactly your way...

I'm not really sure how what Unalag is doing is any different than what Sozin did... I mean, they are acting like Unalag taking over is perfectly legal. Did I miss something when it came to the North/South Pole leadership? As far as I know, they were still seperate, even after the North sent help toward the South after Book 1.

And they made no mention of the two being ruled under a single guy in LoK as of yet, with Varick even saying that Unalag basically usurped the leadership there. And I belive Katarra and Sokka's Dad was the leader of the Southern Tribe. Maybe not officially, but they treated it like he was.
    Anyway, according to the avatar wiki, the Northern chief does govern the South (and the swamp people too).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I don't mind it as much, now that other characters are calling her on it. Remains to be seen if she learns.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, according to the avatar wiki, the Northern chief does govern the South (and the swamp people too).
    Swamp people really?
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

- - - Updated - - -

God damn it... now I want to see some Foggy-Swamp benders in LoK...

Though, I guess by that standard, it does make more sense why the President would treat it the way he is. Since this isn't a takeover, just an actual Civil War... Though it really doesn't give any excuse why the Avatar has to be "neutral". I mean, sure, if it was an "actual" actual Civil War, I'd see it. Like how Kyoshi was pretty much nuetral with the Earth Kingdom civil war and helped make a compromise.

It just seems to be something to create more pointless drama I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zonas, just give it some time and look at Book 2 like it's the second part of Book 1 because in all fairness you found out that Tenzin and her dad screwed her by keeping her in the South Pole for 16 years... Wouldn't that cause a lot of inner turmoil for you? For some people it does being secluded for years on end... It would drive me insane.

Anyways off to watching Book 3 of A:TLA.
    Hey everyone

I personally think Korra should act like this

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Also, out of curiosity, where the hell did the apparent neutrality of the Avatar come from? The closest thing we've seen of a neutral avatar was Ruoku, and that started a world war. Other than that, all other shown avatars, even the air bending ones, were not neutral by any means, and Aang sure as shit wasn't. Therefore, why is this random request being made of Korra?
    I don't think they convey this very well in the show,
    But I think what they are trying to go for with the avatar is a, to use a DnD term here, true neutral.

a 'true neutral' role is what i believe that the avatar must play. preference of good over evil instead of one side or the other. Acting for the greater good. restoring balance. etc.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I'm not sure if that counts DVR, on demand, and online, because aside from the premier i never watched on TV, and I know several others who have done the same

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    I'm not sure if that counts DVR, on demand, and online, because aside from the premier i never watched on TV, and I know several others who have done the same
    Doesn't matter for Nick if you watch it or not, it only matters if you watch it and is part of the ratings, because that's where they get their money to make the shows from.

Is it doing bad by the standards of, it's a poor timeslot and most viewership is coming from other sources? Or is just that there is a large group of people who just don't like it?

Also, I'm greatly disturbed by how Spongebob can be used as a unit of measurement when comparing how good a show is... From the channel that seems to only want bad cartoons and awful live-action shows these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexpower3 View Post
    I don't think they convey this very well in the show,
    But I think what they are trying to go for with the avatar is a, to use a DnD term here, true neutral.

a 'true neutral' role is what i believe that the avatar must play. preference of good over evil instead of one side or the other. Acting for the greater good. restoring balance. etc.
    Well, how does Kioshi killing that general and making a special place for her people play out in that? Or the water bending avatar who went on a crusade in the spirit world to kill Ko after he stole his love's face? Hell, even Roku didn't act neutrally when he let Sozin live so many times when the true neutral thing to do would be to put him out of his misery before he ever got the chance to start the war. Then again, Roku literally didn't favor any person or nation over another, so I guess he is legit neutral, but that neutrality ended up biting the world in the ass. You need proactive avatars, and you don't get more proactive than Aang who fuckin' founded his own super city.

Korra, as a bender and character, seems to be out classed by all her supports. Could you say the same for Aang?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Well, how does Kioshi killing that general and making a special place for her people play out in that? Or the water bending avatar who went on a crusade in the spirit world to kill Ko after he stole his love's face? Hell, even Roku didn't act neutrally when he let Sozin live so many times when the true neutral thing to do would be to put him out of his misery before he ever got the chance to start the war. Then again, Roku literally didn't favor any person or nation over another, so I guess he is legit neutral, but that neutrality ended up biting the world in the ass. You need proactive avatars, and you don't get more proactive than Aang who fuckin' founded his own super city.

Korra, as a bender and character, seems to be out classed by all her supports. Could you say the same for Aang?
    I think the "nuetrality" of the Avatars is more of a mortal/physical and spiritual thing.

It's just a big Grey area for the writers unless it has to do with human and spirit interaction or one of the four nations attacking the other. (Like how Kyoshi didn't care about Chin taking over the Earth Kingdom.) While the grey area is really interchangeable based on the Avatar's personal views. But the way LoK was making it sound, there was some kind of strict rules that Avatars had to follow in certain situations, which remian to be seen. Really, it just seems to be a way to create conflict between characters.

Though, I do wonder something. Where was Aang when Korra's father destroyed that spirit forest? Seems like something he'd get involved in, especially after that one panda spirit. Maybe he was on his death bed or something, or just dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Doesn't matter for Nick if you watch it or not, it only matters if you watch it and is part of the ratings, because that's where they get their money to make the shows from.
    this. although dvrs do count these days, and they make a small amount of money from online views (as long as you watch it on the actual nick site)

pretty sure only premium stations count on demand viewings.

basically there could be millions of people watching it for free on some site it wont make any difference since nick doesnt get anything from those.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it doing bad by the standards of, it's a poor timeslot and most viewership is coming from other sources? Or is just that there is a large group of people who just don't like it?

Also, I'm greatly disturbed by how Spongebob can be used as a unit of measurement when comparing how good a show is... From the channel that seems to only want bad cartoons and awful live-action shows these days.
    bad cartoons? have you actually watched nick lately? they are doing awesome on cartoons these days, tmnt, sanjay and craig, digimon fusion, theres a new cartoon being made from one of the writers of regular show.

besides spongbob most of their cartoons are pretty good, although i agree besides power rangers i cant stand to watch anything live action.

and honestly i dont believe most viewship is from other sources, plenty of good shows get good views and thats the excuse everyone uses when a show is getting low views and the majority of the time its just not true.

i think the sad truth is that kids just dont like korra that much and i just see as much buzz about it online as i did in season 1 so it doesnt seem to have the support from older viewers like tmnt, adventure time, gravity falls does that other shows get.

which is a shame because i think this season is loads better than season 1, i think it mostly has to do with marketing as well, they barely marketed this show this season, same with digimon fusion which didnt get any real marketing till like 2 weeks before it came out, the only hint you even had that digimon was on nick was they started reruns of the old shows on nicktoons.

lets hope it turns around before it gets sent to nicktoons like fusion.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552