10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Ah I see. I was not aware of the purpose of his channel. Still don't think it is very helpful. The people that already know the difference or that think that know the difference are most likely to or not to change their mind about the show being an Anime. As for me missing his point about Japanese calling everything that is animated cartoons, I actually didn't miss it. Not only did I mention that even Hayao Miyazaki doesn't consider his work to be anime, even when his culture and everyone around him does, but also mentioned the whole thing about everything being calling Anime in Japan, and that by that reasoning, as you said, we might as well cartoons Anime as well.

Now, for the people that actually want to educate themselves about the differences between Anime and a cartoon, the video will be completely pointless and will do nothing but confuse them further.
    Not adding to the argument but simply adding clarity.

Having lived in Japan I can say I never knew anyone to call any animation outside of Japan anime. All were called cartoons. Also Miyazaki doesn't like calling his work anime because he hates the current anime industry and believes it's an insult to his work.

Hoping the next two episodes keep up the tone and pace that has been set so far. Maybe we will actually get a good season of LoK.. We can only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay this is amazing, end of story.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    Not adding to the argument but simply adding clarity.

Having lived in Japan I can say I never knew anyone to call any animation outside of Japan anime. All were called cartoons. Also Miyazaki doesn't like calling his work anime because he hates the current anime industry and believes it's an insult to his work.

Hoping the next two episodes keep up the tone and pace that has been set so far. Maybe we will actually get a good season of LoK.. We can only hope.
    I had a chance to see them on-demand before they were removed. You won't be disappointed.

Also, thanks for the clarification about the whole cartoon thing. If I felt uncomfortable with Korra being called an Anime, thinking that it is okay to call The Smurfs or Family Guy Anime made me want to gouge my eyes out.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-07-12 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    I had a chance to see them on-demand before they were removed. You won't be disappointed.

Also, thanks for the clarification about the whole cartoon thing. If I felt uncomfortable with Korra being called an Anime, thinking that it is okay to call The Smurfs or Family Guy Anime made me want to gouge my eyes out.
    I agree with that. I really don't enjoy people calling it Anime either, and it's nice to hear that they're taking it as insult when it's called an anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty happy with the latest two episodes. It feels a lot less like the first 2 seasons. Was a little disappointed how quickly Zuko got overwhelmed though. (I guess he is quite old) It seems to be a common theme they have gone with in korra that the main cast from TLA were not the greatest parents and that has turned the new cast into flawed characters because of it. I really hope they give Lin some more to work with, right now they seem to just be making her unlikable for the sake of it, clearly she either has some serious reasons or is just incredibly stubborn.

Still not sure wtf Zaheers motivation is. Why did they try to capture the avatar?... Obviously has something to do with his skewed viewing of the guru's teachings.

Watching it now.

I love how Bumi points out the Earth Queen has the right but they don't like him for it

really enjoyed these episodes

10+ Year Old Account
    Those were amazing episodes, I never realised how badass of a bender Kya was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't see the show tonight and they're not on nick yet. Can anyone tell me what episodes where released. Like just #4 or 4 & 5?
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    I couldn't see the show tonight and they're not on nick yet. Can anyone tell me what episodes where released. Like just #4 or 4 & 5?
    4 and 5, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    So I finally picked up Book One in Blu-ray. Watched it:
    I enjoyed it. It wasn't the same as AtLA, which was good in a way (New story/feel about it, not the same as AtLA). The Equalist story felt a bit rushed, but the ending was satisfying. But I can't help but feel that the entire end of Book One felt a bit rushed. It felt as if they could have left it on a cliffhanger, with Korra losing her Bending, then leaving you to wait for Book Two. But then they wrapped it up not long after.

BTW, I'm the kind of guy who waits for series to be released on DVD. I tend to not watch things online, unless they are series that apparently don't exist anymore on DVD.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So I finally picked up Book One in Blu-ray. Watched it:
    I enjoyed it. It wasn't the same as AtLA, which was good in a way (New story/feel about it, not the same as AtLA). The Equalist story felt a bit rushed, but the ending was satisfying. But I can't help but feel that the entire end of Book One felt a bit rushed. It felt as if they could have left it on a cliffhanger, with Korra losing her Bending, then leaving you to wait for Book Two. But then they wrapped it up not long after.

BTW, I'm the kind of guy who waits for series to be released on DVD. I tend to not watch things online, unless they are series that apparently don't exist anymore on DVD.
    Book 1 was rushed and completely wrapped up by the end because at the start the writers were only given a 12 episode miniseries to work with. They couldn't leave massive cliffhangers like Korra losing her bending permanently because the show might not get renewed. After the success of Book 1 Korra was renewed for another 3 Books so they were able to leave somewhat cliffhangers at the end of Book 2.

I was really impressed at how they animated around 19:00-19:20, in ep4 Man, whoever chose to do it that way, gratz to them.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    Given her parents, I think that's only natural

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    I was really impressed at how they animated around 19:00-19:20, in ep4 Man, whoever chose to do it that way, gratz to them.
    Was that the Jinora scene finding Kai or something else? Most online videos have the commercials cut out so I don't know if the 19 minute mark is accounting for commercials or not.

19 not accounting for commercials is the Jinora/Kai scene (I think).
    19 accounting for commercials is the fight in the hallway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post

I was so satisfied with Kya. I mean.. later on, it's a shame she got beaten, but y'know.. for one, she recognized him, which made me happy. And secondly, she actually managed to kick him around for a bit. I mean.. of course I never expected her to win, so I'm glad she actually managed to fight him for a bit. Would like to see more Kya. She's got that Katara in her.

As for Zuko.. very unimpressed with him. Was already expecting him to be fodderized, and it was only for a moment, but it still made me sad. I was hoping he'd at least kick some ass at first.

Not sure what to think of Jinora's ability. It just seems so Mary Sue-y. But perhaps if other airbenders can be taught to do it, then it's not that bad. I just.. it was one of those things that bothered me in season 2, and I was sad to see it carried over.

I think Suyin and the rest of the Metalbending Clan are great. But if anything, Avatar has taught me that if people seem too nice and welcoming to be true, then they're probably too nice and welcoming to be true. I really hope not, but their friendliness just gave me an odd feeling. As if they are going to be enemies.

If not, I'm glad that Bolin seems to have found someone relatively.. normal. If that works out. I'm not for romances, but I really wanted Bolin to have someone that wasn't snobby or downright psychotic. Opal is a bit giggly, and I cringed at his try-hard "stud act", so eh.. hope that works itself out. Was happy to see that Opal told him to cut the act. Hope she has some of that .. assertiveness and straightforward attitude Lin has.

And about Lin. Lin.. Lin. I don't know. Something is up, more than we are told. That's obvious. But even if it turns out that something bad happened and Lin is justified in her behaviour, I still think that the attempt at trying to garner some sympathy by the creators is a bit bad. If something's up, she needs to say it. Not just go "No.. no.. nothing's up. <bad act>", and then "I DONT WANT TO TELL.". If something is up, say it. I expected more from someone like you, Lin.

Was also happy to hear Toph was still alive. Really happy. Hope we'll see her soonish.

Oh, and Huan. First of all: Metalbender Skrillex much? Aside from that, he reminds me of "The Dark One" from the 'The Promise' comics. I'm fairly sure there's a relation there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think Suyin and the rest of the Metalbending Clan are great. But if anything, Avatar has taught me that if people seem too nice and welcoming to be true, then they're probably too nice and welcoming to be true. I really hope not, but their friendliness just gave me an odd feeling. As if they are going to be enemies.
    I got the same vibe from the Metal Clan, I am fully expecting at least some of them to turn on Korra.

Also Ming-Hua is by far my favourite of the villans now, she seems to have an interesting personality, she looks evil but at the same time kind of... caring? I'm not sure entirely. Either way both times we have seen her fight she has annihilated everything in her way in style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great episodes but the main thing i took from this is that Toph might still be alive :O i realy realy hope we will see her again
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    What I do not understand is how old Bumi was yet he could still bend like a pro. Zuko gets beaten just like that but I'll have to admit, these "criminals" all look like masters but masters that are top tier in the master category.
    Hey everyone