10+ Year Old Account
    Zuko needs this rematch haha. Glad to see him back in this. I want to see him him go all out in a non arctic environment.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Zuko was never able to lightning bend, though he did learn to redirect it from Iroh. Don't know what Mako was thinking though, he definitely should have been able to zap all their asses. Mayhaps he's not experienced or confident enough in his ability to use it in a fight; he's definitely no Azula.
    There's the fact that we never actually saw him start lightning bending, only him using it in a factory or something. It's probably not something he can just whip out... he probably has to wind up for it, which is totally impractical in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    There's the fact that we never actually saw him start lightning bending, only him using it in a factory or something. It's probably not something he can just whip out... he probably has to wind up for it, which is totally impractical in a fight.
    Mako used lightning bending against Amon and I believe he used it during the last episode of season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Putting the whole post in spoilers because episode isn't out yet.

I see no reason why the Red Lotus wouldn't kill her. Aiwei was a "loose end" so Zaheer [I]condemned him to an eternity of wandering in the pit of lost souls[/I]. The Earth Queen would be just as much of a loose end, but also what Zaheer vehemently opposes.

That scene was incredibly dark. Like "The Puppeteer" level of dark.

Also, a lot of people were speculating on whether airbenders could do that or not since the first season of TLA, when Aang found Gyatso's skeleton mediating in a room of fire nation skeletons.
    Wow I forgot gyatso was surrounded by skeletons. I never even thought of anything when I first watched that. Creepy.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    MAN, that fucking ending was astounding. I never thought they would ever do anything that dark in the show. I was flipping out when they did exactly what everyone here was just musing about in TLA.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    "That's no spirit! Thats Kalros! Mother of all Thresher Maws!"

My thoughts during the scene when the airship crashed into the desert . . .
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    For me this is the best season of the whole Avatar anime i just love it and this last episode was amazing too and dat ending was awesome.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Jesus, just imagine if Zaheer was around during the 100 year war.Air confirmed for best element.
    Also, this was inevitable.Spoilers, of course.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2014-08-08 at 07:38 PM.

I have to give the creators credit for this though. They really thought of everything when making the Avatar world. The only way they could make it so that the Air nation wasn't literally the most tyrannical nation in the universe was to make them peaceful. If they had the culture of the Earth Kingdom, there wouldn't be any other nations out there. The ability to literally asphyxiate someone is far too strong, so the culture around them had to value life.

Unless of course they just made the Air nomads peaceful monks because it made sense and then realized the possibility of suffocating people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Jesus, just imagine if Zaheer was around during the 100 year war.Air confirmed for best element.
    That was one impressive and frightening use of airbending.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Yeah, Zaheer is officially the most bad-ass airbender in history.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

That was brutal.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Yeah, Zaheer is officially the most bad-ass airbender in history.
    idk... I keep thinking back to the (implied) badassery of Gyatso. He likely took dozens of firebenders down with him WHILE SITTING.

Deleted
    Lol

'Is Zaheer gonna have to choke a bitch?'

Quote Originally Posted by aoussar123 View Post
    I like this season, I think it's okay, but I really don't like Korra much overall.

- Her character is so blunt and doesn't seem to care/think her actions too much over. Makes for a boring and predictable plot.

- What in seven hells is wrong with the benders in this era? I feel like the old gang would wipe the floor with Korra's gang. Zuko, beat so easily? In AtLA, when he fights Azula, now THAT's a fight. He barely got a punch in against Zaheer. When I first watched the show, I also had high hopes for the likes of Kye and Tenzin, but they seem so weak.

I also feel like Bolin/Mako are all punches and no technique. I enjoyed Toph/Zuko/Katara/Aang so much more. Compared to AtLA, this show is so weak, but standing on it's own, I guess it's okay, but only just.

Such a shame
    Isn't Zuko like, 80? And Kya put up a good fight against Zaheer at the island.

Your 1st and 3rd points I agree with. I find Mako and Bolin's bending, and Korra's a bit too, boring compare dot the things we saw in Avatar. I think the fights are better animated but also more boring.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post

Your 1st and 3rd points I agree with. I find Mako and Bolin's bending, and Korra's a bit too, boring compare dot the things we saw in Avatar. I think the fights are better animated but also more boring.
    Yea.... Asami is probably the best character in the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post

I dunno that I agree that the bending in Korra is boring, but it is pretty fun to watch in Last Airbender.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Yea.... Asami is probably the best character in the show.
    Only person who is incapable of bending on the entire team, has more situational awareness and ingenuity than all of them...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Only person who is incapable of bending on the entire team, has more situational awareness and ingenuity than all of them...
    Yeah, without her, Korra would still be on the way to the Earth Queen chained up tighter than Hannibal Lector.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    To be fair she's like a competent Sokka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.