Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    They even made the origin of the Avatar an atrocity.
    That was one of the best parts of season 2.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    That was one of the best parts of season 2.
    for you maybe. For me it was horrible. 2 op Godlike flying carpets flying around and 1 dude with fire bending breaks them up? come on man that is terrible writing.

Well.. I didn't like that ending at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well.. I didn't like that ending at all.
    I'm curious to see how they open up the final chapter. Despite what Zuko, Tenzin, and the Prez were saying I didn't feel a sense of urgency.

Just pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I'm curious to see how they open up the final chapter. Despite what Zuko, Tenzin, and the Prez were saying I didn't feel a sense of urgency.

Just pity.

I really hope they don't paralyze her forever. I have a feeling they might. Especially if the rumour that there won't be a season 4 is true.

Meh, I hate these kinds of endings, where a person ends up like that after sacrificing so much. I won't say anything about the rest of the episode, even if I was hyped up by Korra's avatar state wrecking the three of them and then Zaheer for a while, only for her to not manage at all. It disappointed me, as it seemed like they were going for an Aang-Ozai like feeling to it, which would have been nice if she hadn't been failed. It feels like a "Wanna see how Korra compared to Aang on the same type of fight? She loses.". I know she was poisoned, but to go for that kind of feel, and to make her subsequently lose just seems to reaffirm people's ideas that Korra is weaker than Aang, even if it wasn't true at all.

But yeah, most of all, I just hope we have book 4, and she isn't paralyzed in it. That said, I have the scary feeling they might, and that book 4 will be Jinora's adventures (if we get it), and at the end, Korra might feel so useless as an avatar, and become so depressed that she offs herself so a new avatar is born, so at least she isn't clogging up the cycle by remaining alive. It sounds grim, but look at what they've done so far. I really just hope it's not going like that, and if we get "JINORA'S ADVENTURE" as book 4 focus, then I'm just gonna stop watching, because I don't like Jinora at all.

Sorry for rant.

Legally they have to do a season 4 because they already agreed to do so
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I really hope they don't paralyze her forever. I have a feeling they might. Especially if the rumour that there won't be a season 4 is true.

Meh, I hate these kinds of endings, where a person ends up like that after sacrificing so much. I won't say anything about the rest of the episode, even if I was hyped up by Korra's avatar state wrecking the three of them and then Zaheer for a while, only for her to not manage at all. It disappointed me, as it seemed like they were going for an Aang-Ozai like feeling to it, which would have been nice if she hadn't been failed. It feels like a "Wanna see how Korra compared to Aang on the same type of fight? She loses.". I know she was poisoned, but to go for that kind of feel, and to make her subsequently lose just seems to reaffirm people's ideas that Korra is weaker than Aang, even if it wasn't true at all.

But yeah, most of all, I just hope we have book 4, and she isn't paralyzed in it. That said, I have the scary feeling they might, and that book 4 will be Jinora's adventures (if we get it), and at the end, Korra might feel so useless as an avatar, and become so depressed that she offs herself so a new avatar is born, so at least she isn't clogging up the cycle by remaining alive. It sounds grim, but look at what they've done so far. I really just hope it's not going like that, and if we get "JINORA'S ADVENTURE" as book 4 focus, then I'm just gonna stop watching, because I don't like Jinora at all.

Sorry for rant.
    There will be a season 4. It's already animated and voiced.

My lone issue with the finale was the poison being metal based when the only capable water bending healer present was incapacitated but other than that, it was amazing. I have to wonder whether they had b-roll animation of the darker scenes that weren't going to be on TV because some of this was definitely not something I'd ever expect on Nick.

I now present, my tinfoil hat theory!

Zaheer knew that he would need to fly, hence why he was attempting to do so before he got Korra. When he couldn't, he realized that he had to lose his earthly attachments (P'li). The "I Love You" scene was him saying goodbye to her. This was somehow communicated to Su and she killed P'li to untether Zaheer. Su is still a Red Lotus member.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2014-08-22 at 03:11 PM.

Just finished watching episodes 12 and 13... OMG OMG OMG...

- When Jinora said that her poison was metallic, I was liek " YES!! MELON LORD TIME !!!" again... I was disappointed.
    - The fights in both episodes were great... but, I don't know... a few felt... seemed... I don't know... something was missing.
    - Jinora's head at some point looked a bit big due to the angle (during the ceremony)... it was not very faltering.
    - It seems like something finally snapped inside Korra and she realized she doesn't want to continue fighting with the possibility of giving her life for the cause.
    - I was half expecting Jinora to start glowing blue all over her tattoos. Now I know who is going to be the next OP character.

Little something I picked up that might not be too flattering about the last episode. The whole Anime/cartoon thing is mentioned but only to point out that I finally saw a drawing style that "in my opinion" is somewhat Anime~ish. Not a recommended read for those unfamiliar with the Ecchi Anime genre which is somewhat related to what I discuss below.

I know there has been controversy regarding the whole Anime/cartoon thing, I personally see it as a cartoon, but for the benefit of those that see it as Anime, there was this once scene (imo), after Korra is given the poison, that looks like it just came out of Anime...or rather from Hentai. I didn't really care for myself as I watch Hentai, but, for a kids cartoon I believe it is totally unacceptable.

It was her facial expression after she began having visions and Vaatu talked to her... that face is straight from Ahegaokin (a genre)... And anyone who has seen this one particular Hentai (which can't be named for obvious reasons) would have identified it right away...the angle, the eyes, the entire facial expression....it is flipping identical... I had to stop the show, rewind it, and play it again to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Then compared it.

Of course this most likely won't become an issue, as parents wont be familiar with it, or will avoid the topic altogether in order to prevent embarrassment for having to admit they are familiar with that.

Definitively not something I wanted to see on a show that I have come to associate for a lack of better words, with friendship, kindness, and purity.

Regardless, best cartoon of the season.. for sure way better than Ultimate Spider Man..

I give it a 9/10. The -1 is just because the final fights... for all the pewpew and awesomeness going on, everything that they built up to was solved in like 15 minutes in the last episode.

Can't wait for the next season. Half expect Korra, from now on, to totally avoid conflict and be unable to do any bending due to fear of dying and insecurity.

PS: If they don't give me the one and only Melon Lord next season, I am going to mount a protest outside their studio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Isn't this supposed to be an English cartoon? Why are the wanted posters in Japanese?
    That is not Japanese.

As for the style including the writing, meditation, and certain supernatural beings, it is only because the american culture is not really too attuned to such things, so they borrowed from one Asian culture (well, a few). Again, the writing is not Japanese.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-08-22 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    I finally saw a drawing style that "in my opinion" is somewhat Anime~ish.
    1.) You say it wishy washy here yet use the word "identical" in the spoiler tag. Are you battling yourself on what you saw?

2.) If you think this was the first time anything looked anime in this series, you weren't paying attention to the entire character of Tahno in season 1.

The bending fights were great.

They never explained lava bending though and how it's done.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    1.) You say it wishy washy here yet use the word "identical" in the spoiler tag. Are you battling yourself on what you saw?

2.) If you think this was the first time anything looked anime in this series, you weren't paying attention to the entire character of Tahno in season 1.

2) You know, I totally missed that character... either it wasn't important enough or it simply just has been too long since I last saw it.

1) You weren't paying attention... "somewhat Anime~ish" is not what I was fully describing. That is just for the benefit of those that want to read further and those that prefer not to. Please don't turn this into a "this show is this or that". You made your point clear. I think I made mine too.

And yes, they were answered in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    2) You know, I totally missed that character... either it wasn't important enough or it simply just has been too long since I last saw it.

1) You weren't paying attention... "somewhat Anime~ish" is not what I was describing. That is just for the benefit of those that want to read further and those that prefer not to. Please don't turn this into a this show is this or that. You made your point clear. I think I made mine too.

And yes, they were answered in that order.
    The way Tahno was drawn was fairly similar to Korra's face today that you described. In case you didn't look him up, he was the waterbending member of the cheating pro bending team. Amon took his bending away at the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The bending fights were great.

They never explained lava bending though and how it's done.
    My best guess is that bending involves certain molecular manipulation.

If the rock's molecules are forced to move really fast, it creates heat, which melts the rock, and makes it lava.

Just throwing that theory out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    The way Tahno was drawn was fairly similar to Korra's face today that you described. In case you didn't look him up, he was the waterbending member of the cheating pro bending team. Amon took his bending away at the finals.
    Ah, I must go watch that season again then. I did look up the name (not the bio), saw just the pictures and was liek "nope... don't know this dude".

But now that I think about it, I do remember the whole incident happening, just not the face. Again...Anime is not truly what was being discussed but okay. If you say that his face looked the same as Korra's today then that must be why I didn't "recognize it" nor "assimilated it" with anything in particular... I don't watch that one particular male genre.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-08-22 at 03:42 PM.

I'll repeat what I said about lavabending here:

"Earthbenders just grew up in another culture. The Waterbender culture is one of change and fluidity. The Earthbender one is one of rigidity and steadfastness, so the typical Earthbender is not gonna think of trying out something similar to Waterbenders. Ghazan probably was inspired by Waterbenders, perhaps even by Ming-hua. (which they're implying are attracted to each other, if not in-love.)

And yeah, in the end, lavabending the way he does it is basically shifting to another phase or shape of earth. It's probably easier to learn than metalbending if you think about it. It's just that, with the culture most earthbenders grew up in, it was probably not thought of earlier. Or it was in the very past, and then forgotten because the knowledge wasn't passed on. "

Deleted
    Man I was waiting for Toph to appear all damn episode. Ah well.

All in all, nice finale. The ending left a bit to be desired though. The fighting scenes were great.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still sticking to mixed bending parents, I want to see more elemental combos!
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Entitus View Post
    Man I was waiting for Toph to appear all damn episode. Ah well.
    The one big let down. There were at least 3 scenes in which she could have been introduced perfectly during the series.

They better not make book 4 about Jinora being 'an hero' for more than one episode. Maybe her adventures, leading in to them needing Korra, but not like 2, 3, 4 episodes, or spaghettimonster forbid a majority of the season. I'll quit watching, really. I don't find Jinora compelling at all. For all the hate Korra gets, I like her more than most characters, and I am starting to like her more and more. For her to be taken out of the game for the last book, or a majority of the last book when it, and Korra as a character, are improving, would be shitty and get me to drop LoK so easily. The loss of her connection to the past avatars was one thing that annoyed the hell out of me (and it doesn't look like they're gonna fix that, it seems pretty intentionally a part of the theme of her being the first avatar of the new cycle), but this would just destroy it altogether for me.

I can stand Jinora-sue the Magical Projector-Ghost as a background character, but make her a main character/one of the main characters with Korra being paralyzed or made irrelevant for most of the season, and I'm done.

I can stand Jinora-sue the Magical Projector-Ghost as a background character, but make her a main character/one of the main characters with Korra being paralyzed or made irrelevant for most of the season, and I'm done.
    I think that is where it is heading. Korra looked, during the ceremony, like she had finally realized that she didn't want to give up her life for the cause. I think that fear of dying and trauma will prevent her from bending for a while, and she might even fake being unable to walk to avoid conflict.

I don't see how Jinora and the fellow airbenders helping the world and Korra would be a bad thing. Every villain so far has been making a big point about the world not needing an Avatar anymore. They were all flawed of course but maybe they were right in that regard. Maybe Korra will go down as a legend as the first Avatar to actually bring peace by teaching the world to take care of itself. Every other Avatar seems to be reactionary and just bandaids the problems that keep rising up.