Spider-lin to the rescue
    Epic! With great bending comes great responsability

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Epic! With great bending comes great responsability
    No, just no. :P
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Now all we need is a picture of that new Chief of Police as Venom and we're set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    No, just no. :P
    =(

Makes me sad, probably gonna be similar to the blue spirit

When i saw this thread my reaction was completely "THERES A NEW AVATAR SERIES!?!?!?!?!?!" started watching right away :P loving it so far

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    go watch it, just do it.
    I think I'll do exactly that!

I'm actually thinking that Amon is not the bad guy here, and that he's somehow connected to Aang. Tarlokk is def the bad guy though.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    When i saw this thread my reaction was completely "THERES A NEW AVATAR SERIES!?!?!?!?!?!" started watching right away :P loving it so far
    keep watching it, you'll love it more

OT: i still don't know why on the flashback of the last episode, Aang is having his hand forced and Sokka and Toph being "puppeted" (is that the word? sorry my english)
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    This new episode, I am shocked, as I said before in this thread, I think Amon is a misunderstood good guy somehow.
    Not quite sure how, but I just think he is, as for Tarlokk, dint Katara also bloodbend the guy she tought killed her mother or something in the first seasons?
    I'm quite sure it wasn't full moon back then.

But...I want another episode.....right now.....right here :P

blood bending :d

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW?!!!! Crazy woman! Good thing you know it now thou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I'm actually thinking that Amon is not the bad guy here, and that he's somehow connected to Aang. Tarlokk is def the bad guy though.
    I have a feeling Amon is the two brothers' father.
    I'm loving this new series...and yes, Tarlokk should be taken out, he's nutso.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    blood bending :d

I think Ty Lee was a blood bender....

I also think thats enough of that.

As much as im enjoying Korra im a little disapointed in how long its taking for anything to really happen. The first season is apparently 12 episodes long. She still hasnt mastered airbending. She still hasnt contacted Aang, we still havnt seen Avatar State Korra D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Tarrlok is canonically 37. Yakone was done away with 42 years ago. Unless he wasn't actually [I]killed[/I], he's not Tarrlok's father.

What we've see of Amon's appearance suggests Fire Nation ancestry. Tarrlok is Water Tribe. They're different ethnicities, and visibly so even with the mask.

Also, my husband didn't expect to like this episode after I told him that there was a "boss fight." I think he was pleasantly surprised.
    I seem to remember reading that Yakone wasn't killed but his bending taken away by Aang. So he might have lived and Tarlok is actually his kid. Also I read that "Yakone" means "red aurora" or also "blood in the snow".....possibly hinting to his bloodbending. I tried to find meanings for "tarlok".....on a wikia site it says it means "manipulator" in irish, but on a diff site for indian names it means "three worlds"

It seems like Tarlok is benefitting from Amon's efforts.....he has so far used Amon's fear tactics to gain power w/ the benders, and now is isolating the non-benders and locking them up. He also managed to get rid of some big enemies thru Amon who got rid of alot of bender gang leaders powers by perma-chi blocking them. I am not quite convinced they are the same person, but they might know each other. They seem to have different agendas though......one wants to give power to non-benders thru learning chi blocking, while the other is taking advantage of his bending to control non benders. Maybe Tarlok and Amon grew up together as rivals.

Republic city is traditionally fire and earth benders living together.....so how water benders got there is confusing to me. I'm guessing Sokka brought a bunch with him, meaning he might have known Yakone. I think both Yakone and Tarlok are from the North Water tribe which is I think where Katara does bloodbending and where you learn about the moon, plus moon spirit is there too. Perhaps both yakone and tarlok are of the royal bloodline of the moon princess....or possibly the "black male fish lui" in physical form like how the white fish was princess yue so they are stronger then normal.

Amon....I think was someone who was raised in republic city around tarlok when they were younger. My guess is either with Bumi, or sokka/suki's kid. Bumi makes sense cause he would be strong and influential, could easily learn chi blocking and with link to the avatar explain how he can perma block people. Sokka/suki cause suki is kyoshi warr who learned chi blocking.

I also think Amon might actually be GOOD, so far he has only hurt people who abused their power......he might know what tarlok is capable of and wants Korra to figure it out and fight him when she's stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I seem to remember reading that Yakone wasn't killed but his bending taken away by Aang. So he might have lived and Tarlok is actually his kid. Also I read that "Yakone" means "red aurora" or also "blood in the snow".....possibly hinting to his bloodbending. I tried to find meanings for "tarlok".....on a wikia site it says it means "manipulator" in irish, but on a diff site for indian names it means "three worlds"

It seems like Tarlok is benefitting from Amon's efforts.....he has so far used Amon's fear tactics to gain power w/ the benders, and now is isolating the non-benders and locking them up. He also managed to get rid of some big enemies thru Amon who got rid of alot of bender gang leaders powers by perma-chi blocking them. I am not quite convinced they are the same person, but they might know each other. They seem to have different agendas though......one wants to give power to non-benders thru learning chi blocking, while the other is taking advantage of his bending to control non benders. Maybe Tarlok and Amon grew up together as rivals.

Republic city is traditionally fire and earth benders living together.....so how water benders got there is confusing to me. I'm guessing Sokka brought a bunch with him, meaning he might have known Yakone. I think both Yakone and Tarlok are from the North Water tribe which is I think where Katara does bloodbending and where you learn about the moon, plus moon spirit is there too. Perhaps both yakone and tarlok are of the royal bloodline of the moon princess....or possibly the "black male fish lui" in physical form like how the white fish was princess yue so they are stronger then normal.

Amon....I think was someone who was raised in republic city around tarlok when they were younger. My guess is either with Bumi, or sokka/suki's kid. Bumi makes sense cause he would be strong and influential, could easily learn chi blocking and with link to the avatar explain how he can perma block people. Sokka/suki cause suki is kyoshi warr who learned chi blocking.

I also think Amon might actually be GOOD, so far he has only hurt people who abused their power......he might know what tarlok is capable of and wants Korra to figure it out and fight him when she's stronger.

I think they are on the same side. The more harm Tarlok does, the more the non benders will support Amon. If they are the same person its genious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    I have a feeling Amon is the two brothers' father.
    I'm loving this new series...and yes, Tarlokk should be taken out, he's nutso.
    Wtf do you mean with the two brother' father, that doesnt even make the slightest sense :S

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Wtf do you mean with the two brother' father, that doesnt even make the slightest sense :S
    Mako and uh.....Bolin. Their father was apparently killed by a firebender.
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-06-03 at 08:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Mako and uh.....Bolin. Their father was apparently killed by a firebender.
    If he got killed... how can he be Amon

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    If he got killed... how can he be Amon
    Happens a lot in movies/TV series, a child is told/thought he saw their parents killed. But years later that masked, shadowy etc figure is actually their parent. Who didn't die.

Deleted
    Do you guys realize that there are only 4 more episodes this season o.O lets hope they don't rushy this whole Amon and Tarlokk thing.... I really hope they don't

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Happens a lot in movies/TV series, a child is told/thought he saw their parents killed. But years later that masked, shadowy etc figure is actually their parent. Who didn't die.
    Seeing that he was "Murdered in front of his eyes" I think its episode 2 or 3 he says that, I doubt it.