10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Meaning Team Avatar, I think I they were tied on the base of the arena.
    I don't think he intended to kill anybody, the explosion didn't cause the arena to collapse.

It was all just symbolism really

If they wanted to kill Korra then the guy with the taser sticks could have done it while they were passed out. Remember Amon doesn't want to make her a martyr this early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    If they wanted to kill Korra then the guy with the taser sticks could have done it while they were passed out. Remember Amon doesn't want to make her a martyr this early.
    I think he actually has a partly good cause from what I've seen so far.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    I don't understand, when in TLAB did we see examples of great earth bending occur due to unrestrained emotion? She rarely uses waterbending cause there's rarely any water around her when it's needed.

As for the "Fire should be the most difficult cause she's a water bender". I still think that's a bunch of crap at this point. They never elaborated on how exactly one makes the other much more difficult to learn (all roku said was water was difficult because it was the opposite element, hardly reasonable) besides Earth and Air and that had more to do with mentality and personality which is how they now explain it in Korra.
    Actually, I think there is a pattern to what element is hardest for the current Avatar to learn. There is a cycle for how the avatars reincarnate, and the previous element seems to be the hardest to learn. In TLAB, the last avatar was fire, then he died and aang the airbender was avatar but had trouble learning fire.....after aang comes waterbender korra who has trouble learning air.......so after korra will be an earth bender who will prob have trouble learning water, and then fire again who has trouble learning earth.

Makes sense cause as an airbender who is peaceful, getting the emotions and power and force of fire might be hard to get mindset for.

For Water bender, this style seems to have multiple aspects, can be destructive waves, calming and healing tides, precise and deadly ice, or lethal bloodbending......so maybe having to give up putting your own emotions into the bending is difficult since you gotta be like devoid of emotion to do air.

For Earth bender, you are used to solid and stoic so something as liquid as water might feel hard to grasp.

And as fire bender, something as sturdy as earth might be hard to do when you are so wild and free with fire.

Korra is pretty powerful but lacks discipline and style. She doesn't really know the actual bending forms for each element so has alot to learn I feel. And it does seem like she prefers fire over her own water even, I guess cause of her personality. From the sneak peek vids seen so far it looks like she will be connecting to spirit world since she is stuck and pushed to an extreme, kinda like toph in the metal cage......hopefully she comes out learning some new techniques. I am still very curious to see what kind of "forbidden" or "advanced" air bending techniques exist.....I would guess something with gravity, sound manipulation and hallucinations, or loud ass sounds like thunder......maybe some type of shield like an air bubble that deflects all attacks since air seems pretty defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Actually, I think there is a pattern to what element is hardest for the current Avatar to learn. There is a cycle for how the avatars reincarnate, and the previous element seems to be the hardest to learn. In TLAB, the last avatar was fire, then he died and aang the airbender was avatar but had trouble learning fire.....after aang comes waterbender korra who has trouble learning air.......so after korra will be an earth bender who will prob have trouble learning water, and then fire again who has trouble learning earth.

Makes sense cause as an airbender who is peaceful, getting the emotions and power and force of fire might be hard to get mindset for.

For Water bender, this style seems to have multiple aspects, can be destructive waves, calming and healing tides, precise and deadly ice, or lethal bloodbending......so maybe having to give up putting your own emotions into the bending is difficult since you gotta be like devoid of emotion to do air.

For Earth bender, you are used to solid and stoic so something as liquid as water might feel hard to grasp.

And as fire bender, something as sturdy as earth might be hard to do when you are so wild and free with fire.
    Actually, Aang had a hard time learning EARTHbending not firebending. He actually learned firebending insanely fast.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Actually, Aang had a hard time learning EARTHbending not firebending. He actually learned firebending insanely fast.
    he did have trouble the second time, because he put a mental block on himself because he hurt Katara the first time.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    The Cycle is Air -> Water -> Earth -> Fire -> Air. It's said that the hardest element for the Avatar to master is the one opposite (Fire/Water and Air/Earth). I think it is awkward that Korra, as a watertribe member, have issuses with Air and not Fire. Frankly I think she favors Fire over Earth. Guess the answer is a main part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    The Cycle is Air -> Water -> Earth -> Fire -> Air. It's said that the hardest element for the Avatar to master is the one opposite (Fire/Water and Air/Earth). I think it is awkward that Korra, as a watertribe member, have issuses with Air and not Fire. Frankly I think she favors Fire over Earth. Guess the answer is a main part of the story.
    No, its been stated many times throughout the show. Shes very physical and hot headed, that's why fire and earth come very easy compared to the spiritual airbending. The reason she chooses to bend fire the most is because Its just more redily available to her to use. She can fire bend anywhere, while there isn't as much water and earth for her to use all time.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    No, its been stated many times throughout the show. Shes very physical and hot headed, that's why fire and earth come very easy compared to the spiritual airbending. The reason she chooses to bend fire the most is because Its just more redily available to her to use. She can fire bend anywhere, while there isn't as much water and earth for her to use all time.
    Most waterbenders worth their salt keep water on them.

It's not that air and earth are opposites and fire and water are opposites, it's that benders of each element come from respective cultures that teach philosophies that are incomparable with the other elemental philosophies. Aang had issues because his culture taught him pacifism and to always look for a nonviolent way out--the exact opposite to Earth's defensive "never back down" motif. Korra would have issues with fire if she was a traditional peaceful, fluid, calm-spirited water tribe girl, but she's not. Katara probably would have had an easy time mastering Fire as well if she were the Avatar because she could be hotheaded and quick-tempered.

I loved the original series, and I'll admit I was skeptical at first, but they really nailed it well with the new series. It's really good and definitely worth watching for any fan of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    She ain't worth her salt, but mostly I just think she doesn't because she can earth and fire bend no problem.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I'm surprised she doesn't do that. But I thought once you get good you can make water appear from nowhere, might be wrong though.
    I think she picks fire most cause it suits her personality the best. It's true that its available, but so is earth. And yea, I think because of her personality Air is harder to learn then fire like they mention in the episode with the air fan obstacle thing.

Deleted
    Weekend...is....drawing.....closer XD

I do see how Earth and Especially Fire fit her personality well.
    . It's said that the hardest element for the Avatar to master is the one opposite (Fire/Water and Air/Earth). I think it is awkward that Korra, as a watertribe member, have issuses with Air and not Fire
    . As for this comment- If I remember correctly when Aang was having problem with fire, it wasn't because it was the polar opposite of his Base bending element, but because it was opposite of his personality. As to the stated Cycle. That is the Cycle, not the elemental opposites. From what I can gather from LaB and LoK- Air is Opposite Fire and Earth Is Opposite water.

Why? Well lets look at the 2 elements Korra Uses the most- Fire and Earth. Her affinity for Fire stems from her ferocity and quick to action attitude- which is seen in the very first episode when she's a little girl and blows a hole in the wall when the White lotus shows up. We can see many of the properties of an Earth bender in her as well- especially when it comes to firm beliefs and taking a stand. If you take a look back at LaB, it took Aang a while to learn Earth bending too, because it was opposite his personality as being a "rigid" element.

As for her water element, I don't think its her base element, we assume so because of where she was born and because of the type of benders her parents are- water. I base this off of Aang's children tree-think it was 2 air/water and 1water/air with 1 non. Now I will grant a notion to the fact that both parents bending the same element raises the chances of the child bending the same element, however I'm more willing to bet that the ability to bend is the actual genetic trait, while element is born of surroundings. Why? well lets look at Aang again and his past lives- they all are told they are the Avatar after they have reached a certain age. Korra on the other hand learned it at a faily young age, before environmental conditions really set root into her bending style.

No back to topic, Water and Air are left. Korra was able to pick up water because portions of it still held to her personality. Water can be just as harsh and element as fire and just as destructive? Its also just as forgiving/unforgiving and stead fast as Earth. Air is Korra's "problem" element because of how polar opposite it is from her personality. Its about being calm and going with the flow and being very loose. The "loosity" of air is something water contains because of its adapatability to its surroundings, but as a base element it tends to "mold" its surroundings, keeping it more in line with earth.

Hopefully I haven't caused confusion for any one who reads all that with to much "theory crafting" and my own concepts, but I don have one last thing to add. Each Elemental style is based off a real world Martial Arts. Each art representing many of the aspects of the "bending style".

Just my $3.50

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post

Damn Didn't see this post because I usually Read just the last few posts that were made. Guess I did end up betting a dead horse. Hopefully, I took it a bit more in depth with reasoning and explanations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Weekend...is....drawing.....closer XD

Not sure if we can post gif. images, I will get rid of it immediatly if we can't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I do see how Earth and Especially Fire fit her personality well. . As for this comment- If I remember correctly when Aang was having problem with fire, it wasn't because it was the polar opposite of his Base bending element, but because it was opposite of his personality. As to the stated Cycle. That is the Cycle, not the elemental opposites. From what I can gather from LaB and LoK- Air is Opposite Fire and Earth Is Opposite water.

Why? Well lets look at the 2 elements Korra Uses the most- Fire and Earth. Her affinity for Fire stems from her ferocity and quick to action attitude- which is seen in the very first episode when she's a little girl and blows a hole in the wall when the White lotus shows up. We can see many of the properties of an Earth bender in her as well- especially when it comes to firm beliefs and taking a stand. If you take a look back at LaB, it took Aang a while to learn Earth bending too, because it was opposite his personality as being a "rigid" element.

As for her water element, I don't think its her base element, we assume so because of where she was born and because of the type of benders her parents are- water. I base this off of Aang's children tree-think it was 2 air/water and 1water/air with 1 non. Now I will grant a notion to the fact that both parents bending the same element raises the chances of the child bending the same element, however I'm more willing to bet that the ability to bend is the actual genetic trait, while element is born of surroundings. Why? well lets look at Aang again and his past lives- they all are told they are the Avatar after they have reached a certain age. Korra on the other hand learned it at a faily young age, before environmental conditions really set root into her bending style.

No back to topic, Water and Air are left. Korra was able to pick up water because portions of it still held to her personality. Water can be just as harsh and element as fire and just as destructive? Its also just as forgiving/unforgiving and stead fast as Earth. Air is Korra's "problem" element because of how polar opposite it is from her personality. Its about being calm and going with the flow and being very loose. The "loosity" of air is something water contains because of its adapatability to its surroundings, but as a base element it tends to "mold" its surroundings, keeping it more in line with earth.

Hopefully I haven't caused confusion for any one who reads all that with to much "theory crafting" and my own concepts, but I don have one last thing to add. Each Elemental style is based off a real world Martial Arts. Each art representing many of the aspects of the "bending style".

Just my $3.50

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 06:17 PM ----------

Damn Didn't see this post because I usually Read just the last few posts that were made. Guess I did end up betting a dead horse. Hopefully, I took it a bit more in depth with reasoning and explanations.
    I don't mean to poke a hole in your theory, but they have stated that Air is opposite Earth and Fire is opposite water and vice versa. BTW people keep thinking that Aang had trouble with Fire, but he really had issues with Earth. He actually picked up fire pretty quickly, but refused to fire bend because he hurt Katara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I don't mean to poke a hole in your theory, but they have stated that Air is opposite Earth and Fire is opposite water and vice versa. BTW people keep thinking that Aang had trouble with Fire, but he really had issues with Earth. He actually picked up fire pretty quickly, but refused to fire bend because he hurt Katara.
    He had issues with earth because earth at it's very core (no pun intended) is very opposed to air. As in earth is a very sturdy element that relies on strong stances. Fire and water come much easier to Aang because they're not necessarily entrenched to the ground like earth is. Fire and water can both be handled like airbending IE quick clever solutions and evasive manuevering

Korra is having issues with air because air is an almost completely defensive element and if you notice Korra does nothing but attack in the series. Her defending is generally bad, she usually opts to dodge rather than defend.

If the avatar cycle didn't demand the next avatar to be a waterbender Korra would undoubtably be a firebender, it's just how she fights
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-07 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    [IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4wdpbLL9d1r1bh7j.gif[IMG]

Not sure if we can post gif. images, I will get rid of it immediatly if we can't
    why not? it's Korra related so it's ok
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Was just going to say this. He learned how to firebend in season 1. He didnt learn to control it (He didnt want to for reasons already mentioned) untill he NEEDED to in season 3.