Page 1 of 3
LastLast

@Enchanters: Are you a retailer, or Service Provider?

Which do you prefer to do? Sell scrolls on the AH? or enchant people's stuff for a tip?

Myself, I don't even respond to requests on /2. I deal strictly with the AH. It's just a quicker, cleaner system for me, and I'd be all for it if the older method disappeared for good.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Both, not going to screw myself out of gold simply because I prefer one way over the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    i respond to trade if people are looking for high end chants, i also NEVER respond to people that ask " can an enchanter link me his recipe" those are the worst bc they usually have a crap load of questions to ask and dont have mats ready.

other than that i just sell scrolls from the shuffle and what not

Deleted
    Absolutely AH only. People in trade are normally a real pain to deal with and wnat an incredible amount for their 10g tip if they even offer it. Dont do it.
    If I do it in trade it will be if someone has been spamming for ages. The number of times you dont even get a thank you is a eminder why its goolish to dela in trade.

I am a service provider on all of my characters, first and foremost. I use the same spam message for every profession, so that people know it's me, and make sure to sell completed products at about a 10% discount from market prices of mats (when I can farm the mats myself, anyway, and I almost always can). In this way, combined with absolute honesty on my part and a good variety, I've actually built up a loyal customer base. People have been known to ask for me by four separate character names despite others being present in trade (sometimes even when my prices work out a hair more expensive).

Makes a GOOD and steady cash flow.

Lol, honestly I just enchant myself and guildies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do a bit of both, as for trade chat randoms the magic words are "have mats" and 'tipping well"

I only do the AH, and only when there's a large markup on the enchant.

otherwise it's often better to sell the mats. Dust is always worthless, but most people have a small amount of mats lying around and are prepared to pay far more for that one last Greater Celestial Essence they need, than they would if they had to buy everything.

I sell more than 100 enchants on a regular day, ranging for 50g to 1000g profit, all on AH, try to do that in trade.

Deleted
    I don't respond to any requests on trade; I don't even have trade turned on! I enchant for guildies for free - and if someone whispers me nicely, I don't mind enchanting for a tip but mostly I sell scrolls.

Deleted
    None I save my enchanting mats for myself and my guild mates for free, as long as I can pay my repair money I dont care about gold in wow that much, sure it would be nice to have but not going to waste time getting it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mixerii View Post
    I sell more than 100 enchants on a regular day, ranging for 50g to 1000g profit, all on AH, try to do that in trade.
    This. Enchanting fees are pathetic, who would give me a 500g tip for enchanting one of his items? No one! On the other hand, this IS reality on the AH.

Now you could say, do both, enchant for tips and do the AH, both yield profits. My opinion is, that this is not true. My time has a value, enchanting for tips is time consuming and I can do way better in the same amount of time than enchanting for tips.

Deleted
    I do both, tho rarely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to do both but my server has 3 or 4 people who dominate the scroll market and it's impossible to compete with them and they've driven down the margins to less than 15% profit in some days. Now I just sell mats and sometimes even sell them to the people who drove me off the scroll market, lawl.

If I have extra scrolls, I'll sell them on the AH. If someone has the mats, I don't mind being the middle man for their enchant. That said, my enchanting isn't my real money maker though. I just have it to better my gear and my guildies' gear. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Serz View Post
    Lol, honestly I just enchant myself and guildies.
    This. People in trade are not worth the 5g tips you receive after being asked to link the mats, wait for them to go get the mats and sometimes say "my hearth is down" can you come to me. I have suspended all trade chat services on all my toons because you spend too much time for 5g-10g tips. I can go make 5g in less time out in the world killing npcs. Only time I will make an exception is if someone offers a huge tip (100g +) in trade chat while spamming that will make it worthwhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    As most have said, I do not use /2 unless the words "have mats, tipping well" are in the persons post then I do not bother. I do it for myself, my girlfriend and my guild. Other than that, never use /2 unless I am sitting in Org bored as hell waiting for a que to pop on my non gathering toons.

I made hundreds of thousands of plat just selling the mats. Most of the time the cost of mats was more than the actual scrolls so it was pointless to make scrolls. I never bothered offering my service. Hell I didnt even have half the patterns I was so busy counting all the gold from selling the mats I forgot to buy any.

I used to help in trade, honestly have only sold extra dust on the AH. I picked up enchanting for the raid team and guild. I am the go to person for my guild for all chants. I was the first person to get the bracer enchants in my guild because of this.

I mainly deal with trade chat. Long as they supply the mats I don't care about a tip. Luckily, 99% of the time they give a tip anyways