Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    maybe, maybe not. I guess I interpreted it differently as it says their "combat role" I figured it meant if they were Holy Paladin and you linked with them you would get something else than if they were Prot even if your spec remained the same as it was

plus theres the logic side of it.... Getting dispersion from a disc priest. Shamans getting solar beam from a feral. Its just WTF

Deleted
    I guess having to balance 59 spells is preferable to having to balance 139 spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    maybe, maybe not. I guess I interpreted it differently as it says their "combat role" I figured it meant if they were Holy Paladin and you linked with them you would get something else than if they were Prot even if your spec remained the same as it was

plus theres the logic side of it.... Getting dispersion from a disc priest. Shamans getting solar beam from a feral. Its just WTF
    yes this is tru, like Dk getting boomshrooms of a feral while the feral are loosing the shrooms in MoP

also the recent rouge discovery's... a cat getting redirect of every rouge spec but then who gets smokebomb or evasion? it kinda seem like things feral cats might be able to get also but we will see how it turn out

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I guess having to balance 59 spells is preferable to having to balance 139 spells.
    they could also do it like whit DK's and not balance it until patch 5.2

Either way it is probaly more then 59, like priest atm it seems like priest can get Wild Growt or Tranquility, what ever they get probely depents on thier spec
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-03-23 at 08:56 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    I counted those. Spells gained by druid = 4 druid specs x 10 classes = 40, spells gained by non-druid = 19 class+combat roles (2 dk, 1 hunter, 1 mage, 3 monk, 3 paladin, 3 priest, 1 rogue, 2 shaman, 1 warlock, 2 warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    hmm oke intresting, seemns wild growt & tranq are both for the same combat role
    but as blizzard said warlocks can get rejuvenation that means that some dps roles actualy get healing spells :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Ristaccia View Post
    Updated my post here, definitely still some uncertainties and some guesswork, but looks pretty close. I'll check back later and update anything new that develops.
    yep thats pretty much what i got(thx for taking my suggestions for what we gave others). seems like balance is getting the shaft in pve, pvp is a different story. I really hope that balance gets demonic circle instead of soul shatter tho. im hoping that hunter abilities get revamped a bit cuz getting misdirection is so lame, i dont even use it on my hunter anymore. and i think balance is getting divine shield and feral is getting hammer of wrath.

Deleted
    moonkins get mirror image from mages = nice

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabnock View Post
    a name that fits better is Parasitism
    Parasitism (live together, profitable for one, detrimental for the other) is a part of symbiosis (sym=together, bio=life). However, as both get something out of it, it should be mutualism or if one gets a useless skill it'd be commensalism.

I like this skill, but the stuff that could be get should be closer to eachother in terms of usefulness, otherwise it's going to be like DI all the way.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

as a pve spriest, i'd be more than happy to give all the druids my dispersion in exchange of starfall. cyclone is actually better regarding pvp, but in today's raid environment, it's USELESS. (i accidentally pushed capslock on that, but liked the way it ended up.) i hope they change the boss fights to be somehow more cc-dependant, i'll be happy wğth cyclone. And if not, it will just be an unused button on my action bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    as a pve spriest, i'd be more than happy to give all the druids my dispersion in exchange of starfall. cyclone is actually better regarding pvp, but in today's raid environment, it's USELESS. (i accidentally pushed capslock on that, but liked the way it ended up.) i hope they change the boss fights to be somehow more cc-dependant, i'll be happy wğth cyclone. And if not, it will just be an unused button on my action bar.
    pretty sure the starfall that someone listed was the old racial and not a symb spell. your most likely getting cyclone

Deleted
    I couldn't find a symbiosis version of starfall in wowdb, only cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    That's the real question that bother me.
    Why do you have to choose a system like this, that's very hard to balance, as the answer to the deficiencies we have?
    Instead trying simply to fix them, they want a druid more dependent from the others and I don't understand why.

I think, even in a pvp scenario, it doesn't make too much sense to force you to play with one class to have a specific ability, because it is unlikely that a group with you two is so viable (right now you haven't so many viable combinations), so you have to choose another setup in which the personal gained ability is not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Parasitism (live together, profitable for one, detrimental for the other)
    And that's why I've chosen the word Parasitism (with a bit of sarcasm) instead of others, because we need them much more then they need us.
    Last edited by Sabnock; 2012-03-23 at 12:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you have to choose a system like this, that's very hard to balance, as the answer to the deficiencies we have?
    Instead trying simply to fix them, they want a druid more dependent from the others and I don't understand why.
    i dont care if its OP, i play a druid so i am going to love it, and honeslty i already love it, so many different combinations that might be usefull from time to time
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i dont care if its OP, i play a druid so i am going to love it, and honeslty i already love it, so many different combinations that might be usefull from time to time
    I don't say that is Op, I say that's a bad way to fix a problems, even if it is pretty cool if you think only to the base idea of linking the druid to another class.

it's not about dependency it's just about adding something fun and creative (while not being overpowered). A warlock doesn't just PvP with shadow priests and druids because they give the best uptime on DI. It's just a nice added bonus you get. Guilds aren't gunna say "ok we need 1 priest for every druid in the raid so they can all have tranquility!" or "we need 1 warrior for every boomkin so they get recklessness". It's "oh look there's a warrior a dk and a mage in my group, i wonder what spell i want this time".

I think, even in a pvp scenario, it doesn't make too much sense to force you to play with one class to have a specific ability, because it is unlikely that a group with you two is so viable (right now you haven't so many viable combinations), so you have to choose another setup in which the personal gained ability is not so good.
    I'm fairly certain having a good arena rating is not going to rely solely on who you're able to give symbiosis to.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing to remember on this whole "omgwhatpriestsgettranquility" mess is that tranquility, not spec'd, is 8 a minute cooldown. They're not going to be popping it like candy like the restos do.

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 04:13 PM ----------

And honestly, I'm okay that every spec of druid gives another class the same spell.

While it may be, "We need to have discipline priests to get tranquility!", it won't be, "We need to have restoration druids to give tranquility!", it will be, instead, "We need druids to give tranquility!"
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I'm sure that its balanced to be only one way. So you can either get dps ability or give dps ability. If you get dps ability, you will give survival/healing/cc ability in return, if you give dps ability, you will get survival/cc ability in return.

I see no reason to give away my dps buf to another dps class. Its not like DKs ever used Unholy Frenzy to anyone but themselves.
    you see no reason ?from the dps buffs that you take as feral and you give as feral at least from those that are mension the one that will benefit your raid the most is berserk on a monk UF its a good dps cd for a cat but you cant compare it with berserk so if UF will buff your dps by 5 and berserk will buff the dps of the monk by 6 your raid leader will tell you to give it on the monk cause will boost the raid more and you dont give away your ability you will still have it

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    it's not about dependency it's just about adding something fun and creative (while not being overpowered). A warlock doesn't just PvP with shadow priests and druids because they give the best uptime on DI. It's just a nice added bonus you get. Guilds aren't gunna say "ok we need 1 priest for every druid in the raid so they can all have tranquility!" or "we need 1 warrior for every boomkin so they get recklessness". It's "oh look there's a warrior a dk and a mage in my group, i wonder what spell i want this time".
    I was speaking more from a personal view point, that a raid based point o of view.
    So if you need a specific ability to have more chances to survive, let's says we are in a situation in which cloak of shadows fix the facts you suffer too much from dots (it's an example), so an ability like this is what you really need, it seems to be a little odd to be "complete" only if you have another specific player around; in a pve situation is simple to achieve this in a 25 raid, a bit more difficult in a 10 environment and you simply don't have it in solo (to save yourself from a ganker and so on).

Holy fuck.... this ability is gonna be soooo OP and this forum will be flooded with QQ posts about it!

Deleted
    Symbiosis is like the main reason i'm staying with my druid as my main in MoP. Looks like it's going to be a world of fun ^_^