Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    O_O So, essentially, the bear tank is soloing the bloods down, or is he getting help from others? We've been having dps issues on tendons lately, could probably use this strat to see how it goes..

Deleted
    Holy mother of all that is holy!

Welldone guys, seriously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Let me think... 5-6 month I guess. MoP gear is the only chance to make it possible for 25man raid. 35% nerf is just not enough.

But most 10man guilds will be able to do 1-1-1 with 25-35% nerf. I guess we can safely call it perfect difficulty balance.
    Wouldn't it be easier to check the required burst dps in both? It is harder to not have a few carried in 25 dragging down the average dps, but if you manage to get rid of them... It is suddenly not that hard. Tendons have 3,3 times the health in 25 than in 10. So 5 pure dpsx3,3 are 16,5 pure dps on 25. 2 tanks/3healers and 2tanks/6healers will give you 5 dps on 10 and 17 dps on 25. Tanks dps have more weight on 10, though. More external CDs on 25, more buffs unless you can get away with stacking burst and having all buffs covered on 10, a bit hard. Though as always, you can get away with 2 healers in 10 much more easily than with 3-4 healers on 25. Chose a comp and see the required burst, it shouldn't be that different.

Considering the problem they have with the numbers of healers vs dps in both comps (from where the whole balancing problem comes in the end, in a 2 tanks comp going from 3 healers to 2 is like going from 6 healers to 3, dps wise), they did a good job on it, opposite to ultraxion.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-03-27 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Only 2k gold? This guy can't be asian.

Also, I actually think this is an easier strategy if you have the setup for it
    Last edited by mmoc771d918182; 2012-03-27 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to check the required burst dps in both? It is harder to not have a few carried in 25 dragging down the average dps, but if you manage to get rid of them... It is suddenly not that hard. Tendons have 3,3 times the health in 25 than in 10. So 5 pure dpsx3,3 are 16,5 pure dps on 25. 2 tanks/3healers and 2tanks/6healers will give you 5 dps on 10 and 17 dps on 25. Tanks dps have more weight on 10, though. More external CDs on 25, more buffs unless you can get away with stacking burst and having all buffs covered on 10, a bit hard. Though as always, you can get away with 2 healers in 10 much more easily than with 3-4 healers on 25. Chose a comp and see the required burst, it shouldn't be that different.

Considering the problem they have with the numbers of healers vs dps in both comps (from where the whole balancing problem comes in the end, in a 2 tanks comp going from 3 healers to 2 is like going from 6 healers to 3, dps wise), they did a good job on it, opposite to ultraxion.
    They had a Blood DK in DPS gear and they 2 healed it, so it's more like 7 DPS considering the Blood DK would have a lot of vengeance from the amalg. You'd need 23 DPS in 25 man to equal that according to your logic.

Deleted
    And that's where the problem comes, should they balance for a normal comp or account for the fact that 1 tank doing shenanigans have far more weight in the dps of 10 than in 25? (although I very much doubt it was capable of pulling the same numbers as a true dps. You can't call it 7 dps) How many healers they should expect in each size? Should they remove all external CDs?

With the fight unnerfed and the number of tank/healers you had to use, the fight was more than balanced. It fell on the 10 side.

Deleted
    wow amazing. very well done

Deleted
    We went 2-1-1 in the raid today. We missed literally 2% health on the first one Still, worked out as the 3rd(?) fastest spine hc 10m kill so far.

Deleted
    What song is the first one?

Deleted
    koreans....holy shit

I'd kill for 4ms. Would definitely help me out a lot DPS-wise.

We just got to Spine, and have only been doing 10m progression for 4 weeks now. I'm thinking this is a very viable strategy for us, but would like some input from you all.

We have a rogue with the legendary daggers, a mage with dtr, shaman with dtr, watlock with dtr, shadow priest with dtr, and a mage almost finished with dtr. We have an enhancement shaman for dps as well. Our healers would be a holy priest, disc priest or a holy paladin. Tanks would be a prot paladin, and a feral druid.

So:
    Tanks: Prot Pally, Feral Druid
    DPS: Rogue, Mage, Mage, Shadow Priest, Warlock, Ele Shaman, Enhance Shaman
    Healers: Disc Priest, Holy Priest, or Holy Paladin

Crazy Little Asian People. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    -SNIP-
    Mage, Mage, Ele, Spriest, Rogue, lock

and Disc/holy pally

Could see you guys doing it easily enough. Comp is incredibly stacked + legendaries on everyone? Should be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    4ms lucky if I get 200ms here in Australia, wtb servers here
    A bit off-topic, but; If you don't already use it - Download Leatrix Latency Fix from wowinterface.
    I'm a kittycat

I already know it's just joke, but have to tell that I don't think it's racial of something.(We also sigh 'Oh, Europeans' when we see 10 DK Rag HC video or so) The fact that 25-man raid has collapsed in Korea can be reason why this was done in Korea.
    1-1-1 lifts in 10 man with 10% debuff seems not extremely challenging for hardcore players. And lots of hardcore players do 10 man in Korea.

There's 33 KR realms, and are about ten or less active 25 man raiding guilds.
    Most players prefer 10 man, and raiding guilds with below 8/8 HC progress can not survive here because we have quite good PUG raids. I have 4 characters with 8/8 HC through 10 man GDKP PUGs and there are even 25 man 8/8HC PUGs in 3~4 realms.
    Last edited by ekardnah; 2012-04-02 at 11:14 AM.

Well we started on heroic spine last night, using 3 healers, 5 dps, 2 tanks.

Healers: Disc, Holy priest, Holy pally
    DPS: Ele shaman, Enhance Shaman, Shadow priest, Arcane mage, Arcane mage
    Tanks: Feral druid, Prot pally.

We made it to the 2nd lift of plate 2, but it seemed our healers were going oom. That being said, would it be less mana stressful on 2 healers to try for 1 shotting tendons? Our warlock was missing last night, so we didn't attempt it then. We were getting the tendon to 38ish percent last night, with out lowest DPSers being the shamans.

I'm skeptical of us being able to do this strategy even stacking dps. I know curse of elements will be a big boost to damage though for our casters, plus shadow dance from the rogue could be pretty big as well.

Thoughts?