View Poll Results: What would do if you had LGBT or racial abuse in your guild("you're gay, you're n*")?

Voters
62. This poll is closed
  • I would face them. LGBT and racial abuse has no place in this world and I should get rid of it.

22 35.48%
  • I would ignore it. I can not change those people. I accept they suck.

13 20.97%
  • I would leave the guild. I do not want to be around those people. I can not change them.

8 12.90%
  • Other (Specify)

19 30.65%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question What would do if you had LGBT or racial abuse in your guild("you're gay, you're n*")?

What would do if you had LGBT or racial abuse in your guild("you're gay, you're n*")?

Probably nothing. I think it's up to the person who is offended to do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Asked a guild leader to kick them out (or officer).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

As GM I'd probably give them a strong warning first but if they do it maliciously more than once it's a gkick. I like some racist/inappropriate jokes and good natured ribbing as much as the next guy and I'm not a huge advocate of political correctness or anything but there's a line and I don't really have much tolerance for people who cross it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Humpwing cares not for your feeble masonry.

I'd probably leave the guild to be honest. I tend to make it a point to find guilds where I know for certain that it won't be an issue though.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

I'd just leave that guild.
    From what I've experienced, most GMs are retarded cunts that won't do shit about, either because they don't care or it's there friend being homophobic or racist.

I left once guild because one of the Co-GMs copy-pasted 'nigger' into chat 17 times. I may not be black, but I don't want to fucking put up with stupid people like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they vital to progression? If yes, and they are irreplaceable then they stay.
    Is the offender repeating the abuse? If no then the matter is done with.
    Did they apologize? If yes then the situation should be perfectly fine, unless you feel like making guild drama.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    What would do if you had LGBT or racial abuse in your guild("you're gay, you're n*")?
    I'd suck it up and grow thicker skin.

Terms like "gay," and "faggot," don't pertain to homosexuality as part of gamer jargon, they refer to someone acting in a douchey fashion. To provide a sort of example: most homosexual people are not faggots, but almost all faggots are gay.

That sounds horrifically offensive if you're using a mainstream interpretation of those words, but in gamer jargon they have different definitions. The way in which black people use the terms "nigga" and "nigger" as part of hip-hop/gang culture is another great example of a word that has multiple meanings depending on context.

Anyone that's actually using those terms because they think you're somehow less of a person because of your sexual preference? Whatever man, they're just immature little shits. Ignore them.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Depends. If they used it maliciously as anti-gay or they were actually racist (and not just messing around), they get the boot, but if it's in the form of a joke or messing around I couldn't care less. Context is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'd suck it up and grow thicker skin.

Terms like "gay," and "faggot," don't pertain to homosexuality as part of gamer jargon, they refer to someone acting in a douchey fashion. To provide a sort of example: most homosexual people are not faggots, but almost all faggots are gay.

That sounds horrifically offensive if you're using a mainstream interpretation of those words, but in gamer jargon they have different definitions. The way in which black people use the terms "nigga" and "nigger" as part of hip-hop/gang culture is another great example of a word that has multiple meanings depending on context.

Anyone that's actually using those terms because they think you're somehow less of a person because of your sexual preference? Whatever man, they're just immature little shits. Ignore them.
    As this person pointed out but context. It would deepen on the context its being done in, but strait up harassment then I would do something out side of that leave it be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have some racial stuff that goes down in guild, but it's all in good fun. If someone has a problem with it and brings it up, then we try not to piss them off. If it's not directed at them and the person it is directed to knows it and isn't offended, then they can suck it up and relax about it or ditch out. Usually will not use it to a person if they're openly against it, but c'mon, buddies dick around with each other all the time, it's a part of what makes a guild a guild (the comradeship, not necessarily the racial/gender stuff).

Ignore both as long as it comes in moderation.

I would realize that in todays world, calling someone "Gay" isn't always a form of discrimination. Just as "Gay" didn't always mean homosexual, it is now a general low-level derogatory term. If it was used in that way, then It doesn't matter. However if it WAS used to deliberately abuse someone then I would report and move on, same with racial abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some things in this world I dont agree with. That being said, regardless of what kind of abuse it is, it is still abuse and no human deserves that kind of treatment, hands down. There are some social choices in the world I dont agree with but I will never abuse the people that take those choices simply because I do not agree with it. However, if someone asks me my opinion on said social choice I am not going to lie to them. But at the same time Im not going to belittle someone or offend someone with brutality.

People just need to understand the golden rule, treat others how you would like to be treated. We are all taught that in Kindergarten but yet no one follows it. If you rib at someone's social choice in general (and not specifically at the person) for fun, then fine. Dave Chappelle and many other comedians do that. That I will agree with.

WE NEED SOME WORLD MOTHA FREAKIN PEACE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    There are some things in this world I dont agree with. That being said, regardless of what kind of abuse it is, it is still abuse and no human deserves that kind of treatment, hands down. There are some social choices in the world I dont agree with but I will never abuse the people that take those choices simply because I do not agree with it. However, if someone asks me my opinion on said social choice I am not going to lie to them. But at the same time Im not going to belittle someone or offend someone with brutality.

People just need to understand the golden rule, treat others how you would like to be treated. We are all taught that in Kindergarten but yet no one follows it. If you rib at someone's social choice in general (and not specifically at the person) for fun, then fine. Dave Chappelle and many other comedians do that. That I will agree with.

WE NEED SOME WORLD MOTHA FREAKIN PEACE
    Most people also learned that words don't do anything if you don't let them.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

If the public channels are being spammed with arguments concerning gender/sexuality/race and no end in sight... Then I just start spamming chat with whatever song is stuck in my head at the time. Usually ends with me looking to find a new guild anyways, like last week when I started typing the lyrics to Sanctified by Dynamite >.>.... "Die die die, tonight. Sanctified with dynamite!"

Deleted
    Aren't threads which deal with sexuality disallowed?

Mind you, there are myriad threads about girl trouble "So there's this girl I'm attracted to BUT" "I'm attracted to a girl what do I do?" so I don't know what to think...

I have a separate tab for guild chat that I almost never check, go figure ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Aren't threads which deal with sexuality disallowed?

Mind you, there are myriad threads about girl trouble "So there's this girl I'm attracted to BUT" "I'm attracted to a girl what do I do?" so I don't know what to think...
    Why didn't you ask about racial matters, too?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    i would stop being so emotional about what people say in video game, because why do i care what people that could potentially be living on the other side of the planet say or think?
    ive been playing with the same black people and gay people since BC and we all say stuff like "thats gay" and drop n-bombs. we obviously aren't racist or predigests, neither are half the people in this game that say stuff like "thats gay" its just a term that's been brought to a more modern use and pretty much is used for things that are stupid.
    stop being so sensitive.