Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Stress Tests are NOT Releases

This thread is NOT about the Beta or being unable to get in. This is to clear up any confusion regarding "Stress Tests" and "Releases".

There seems to be some sort of a massive mystical magical misunderstanding going on right now in the forums.

This is not an indication of the official release. Blizzard is actually being super responsible by having a single weekend where EVERYONE (even if you're not flagged for Beta or indicating that you're buying it) can log in in order to test their servers and make adjustments for it.

More games should do this (some do, but if more did there would probably be better launches). They're already making changes and fixing up the servers because of this.

I don't know why people think this is failure on Blizzard's part, or otherwise. It has performed exactly as was intended. Flood the servers and break them so they can be fixed and made better. It's called improving upon oneself. It's not a failure, it's working great, and breaking the servers is great because they're IMPROVING it for us.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2012-04-20 at 09:22 PM.

Yea, that's why this never ever happened during official releases of wow expansions and patches! Oh, wait...

Stop blindly defending Blizzard when it's obvious they weren't prepared, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's kinda annoying when people treat beta as a demo. As if they were the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yea, that's why this never ever happened during official releases of wow expansions and patches! Oh, wait...

Stop blindly defending Blizzard when it's obvious they weren't prepared, as usual.
    100% uptime is impossible, stop blindy ranting about things you know nothing about.

It's a stress test, i.e., they expect something to go down during testing, that's why they are conducting the test in the first place. Once something goes down they can diagnose the problem and fix it.

10+ Year Old Account

What are you talking about. They said this was a stress test from the beginning and the log in page addresses it as well. They even go so far as to mention that they're making adjustments as we speak. The release isn't for weeks.

Think before you speak, and do a little research.

So many headshakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we know. Stop creating new beta threads. Shamanic is going to explode.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not that they weren't prepared, it's about them preparing for the launch. A key difference there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Yes, we know. Stop creating new beta threads. Shamanic is going to explode.
    Well, this isn't about the beta itself it's about the misunderstanding people are having between a launch and a stress test. Can't keep repeating it in the main thread because it gets lost.

Stop being fan-boys and admit they weren't prepared. Not being able to log in is a faillure. Having performance issues during play is an actual stress test.

Nitwits.

Mod Edit: Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-04-20 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda annoying when people treat beta as a demo. As if they were the same thing.
    To a point I agree; but if you are in a games beta and you completely lose interest in the game and find it not to being what you expected. I don't mean with bugs and all but say the overall feel of the game isn't what you imagined then I see no reason not to just quit the beta and have used it as a demo. If you don't have any interest in the product then I think the feedback you give could reflect that. Personally if the game is something once I get into the beta and feel I want to purchase it then I go all crazy talking about bugs and whatnot. But like this Tera beta I just jumped in, puttered around thought it was pretty then closed it up after and hour. I have no intention of buying it and feel that with the sheer number of ppl in the beta my tickets would have been already submitted by others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop being fan-boys and admit they weren't prepared. Not being able to log in is a faillure. Having performance issues during play is an actual stress test.

Nitwits.
    This was ANNOUNCED as a stress test. How can they be prepared to break their own servers aside from being ready to fix it and make adjustments? And really man, namecalling? You're not that cool. Stop breaking forum rules. No one's called you a name, despite how tempting it might be.

15+ Year Old Account
    you're asking gamers, who's age range is somewhere between 12 and 19 with a small gap around 21 before enlarging again at above 25, to understand how large scale servers and computer programing works?

do what I do, before you want to ask the obvious observe the demographic you're about to ask, then decide if its worth the breath. Asking that question to a MMO or FPS public is like asking......idk what, there's really nothing to compare for these type of players. They is they own kind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    you're asking gamers, who's age range is somewhere between 12 and 19 with a small gap around 21 before enlarging again at above 25, to understand how large scale servers and computer programing works?

do what I do, before you want to ask the obvious observe the demographic you're about to ask, then decide if its worth the breath. Asking that question to a MMO or FPS public is like asking......idk what, there's really nothing to compare for these type of players. They is they own kind!
    But ... but ... the benefit of the doubt ...

D: ...

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    This was ANNOUNCED as a stress test. How can they be prepared to break their own servers aside from being ready to fix it and make adjustments? And really man, namecalling? You're not that cool. Stop breaking forum rules. No one's called you a name, despite how tempting it might be.
    Where did you see me defy the fact that it's a stress test? Dude, I'm not ranting, I couldn't care less about the fact that you can't log on. I haven't touched the beta in months. I'm merely stating, that a stress test that doesn't give you access to the actual game servers, isn't a stress test.

I repeat myself: The same thing happens regularly whenever a new wow patch/xpac is released. Which is indication of not being prepared.

But whatever. Yay Blizzard!
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-04-20 at 09:30 PM.

Nitwits.
    i'm no fan of blizzard and quit all their games (will probably check out diablo at a buddies house, but i wont go buying it) a long time ago, but you obviously need to learn what "stress testing" means.

honestly, i dont know if you're being serious, or just trying to troll. either case, shame on you.

stress testing is the process of determining the ability of a computer, network, program or device to maintain a certain level of effectiveness under unfavorable conditions.

is the short answer definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you see me defy the fact that it's a stress test? Dude, I'm not ranting, I couldn't care less about the fact that you can't log on. I haven't touched the beta in months. I'm merely stating, that a stress test that doesn't give you access to the actual game servers, isn't a stress test.

But whatever. Yay Blizzard!
    I'm not even trying to log in anymore. I don't think you have even read the original post o____________O ...

^An emote I haven't done in five years, oh damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    To a point I agree; but if you are in a games beta and you completely lose interest in the game and find it not to being what you expected. I don't mean with bugs and all but say the overall feel of the game isn't what you imagined then I see no reason not to just quit the beta and have used it as a demo. If you don't have any interest in the product then I think the feedback you give could reflect that. Personally if the game is something once I get into the beta and feel I want to purchase it then I go all crazy talking about bugs and whatnot. But like this Tera beta I just jumped in, puttered around thought it was pretty then closed it up after and hour. I have no intention of buying it and feel that with the sheer number of ppl in the beta my tickets would have been already submitted by others.
    Hmmmm, I guess you have a point there. Personally, I've got all the "feel" I need from watching various beta videos, but true, that might not be enough for everyone.

Deleted

Nitwits.

Mod Edit: Keep it civil please.
    And now there are perfomance issues on the login servers... what's your point exactly?

Besides any game will have serious trouble the first day ( unless they totally overdo the infrastructure which is stupid, expensive and not to mention results in the server capacity issues SWtor has now.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, the servers haven't been down all that long yet. Have some patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    This thread is NOT about the Beta or being unable to get in. This is to clear up any confusion regarding "Stress Tests" and "Releases".

There seems to be some sort of a massive mystical magical misunderstanding going on right now in the forums.

This is not an indication of the official release. Blizzard is actually being super responsible by having a single weekend where EVERYONE (even if you're not flagged for Beta or indicating that you're buying it) can log in in order to test their servers and make adjustments for it.

More games should do this (some do, but if more did there would probably be better launches). They're already making changes and fixing up the servers because of this.

I don't know why people think this is failure on Blizzard's part, or otherwise. It has performed exactly as was intended. Flood the servers and break them so they can be fixed and made better. It's called improving upon oneself. It's not a failure, it's working great, and breaking the servers is great because they're IMPROVING it for us.

/agreed 10char