Mystery talent speculations

I'm willing to bet the "mystery talent" will be either Jab has x % chance to generate 1 additional point of chi, or certain chi required moves have x % chance to consume 1 less chi. The % of this happening would have to be somewhat low to balance it with the other two talents, my guess is that it would be around 5%. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Batousai; 2012-03-25 at 08:35 PM.

Each Chi consumed generates 5 energy. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    Each Chi consumed generates 5 energy. Maybe.
    Sounds way too powerful °_°

WAY too powerful. As jab costs 40 energy, that would be the equivalent of a 12.5% refund. That would be a lot stronger than the other two talents, me thinks.

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 09:56 PM ----------

However, I also thought a burst of 8 chi also sounded a little ridiculous (4 pooled + the Jiny'u Cider), perhaps it's just me, but with a full length leg sweep that sounds OP. :P
    Last edited by LikeASir; 2012-03-25 at 09:57 PM.

I don't see how an Energy refund would be too powerful or even desired.
    Don't you very easily cap during the time you're spending 4 Chi?

Thinking about it something that refunds Chi would certainly make sense. You have more chi, gain a burst chi or ? chi. So does a chance to generate more chi too though, low % as stated by OP.

The only talents I see along the same lines (generation of 3rd resource) are the level 75 Death Knight abilities. One you activate and can do so twice in a row to "burst" 2 death runes. One randomly procs recharging a rune. Then the last randomly procs to double your rune generation rate. Not exactly the same as Chi and how it's produced of course but it does give an idea of what it could possibly be. The first one Blood Tap is most like Jinyu's Cider. Of course none of these give an extra rune at all times to use, so you could figure the mystery talent for monks would be similar to one of the other two. I think the most likely would be on a proc of specific attacks you have a chance to generate a/an extra Chi.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Maybe "the chi spender" whatever it will end up being, has a reduced GCD.
    Perhaps "Tiger Palm's gcd is reduced by .5 seconds" or something?

Actually.. that might actually be too powerful, atleast for a talent.
    The Level 30 talents are clearly about Chi setups.
    Maybe.. Something like Echo of the Elements that has a chance to double your Chi attacks?
    Last edited by Tobley; 2012-03-26 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
    Maybe "the chi spender" whatever it will end up being, has a reduced GCD.
    Perhaps "Tiger Palm's gcd is reduced by .5 seconds" or something?
    I'm pretty sure it's already on a 1.0 sec gcd in tiger stance.

Judging by the other talents on that tier which are Jiny'u Cider and Ascendance then I would say either something like you are refunded 1 Chi if the Chi consuming ability crits or you get refunded 1 Chi if your attack is dodged/missed/parried.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Judging by the other talents on that tier which are Jiny'u Cider and Ascendance then I would say either something like you are refunded 1 Chi if the Chi consuming ability crits or you get refunded 1 Chi if your attack is dodged/missed/parried.
    No. It'd be just a base chance to get extra Chi if that's the route they wanted. Otherwise the talent would start off mediocre and eventually be the best. It would scale and the others wouldn't. Doesn't make sense.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've got the CD to get full chi, the "extends your energy" one, all we need is the "chance to get extra" one.

So yeah, the idea for "Jab has an X% chance to generate 2 chi" sounds about right.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    We've got the CD to get full chi, the "extends your energy" one, all we need is the "chance to get extra" one.

So yeah, the idea for "Jab has an X% chance to generate 2 chi" sounds about right.
    Inc Glyph of SS in the form of Improved Jab talent.