Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why dont serious pvp:ers do pve?

So why exactly most high rated people 2400+ never do pve, im 2.3k myself and i do both, but when i ask my friends that are 2500+ to join our raid because i know they would be better then the moron in my guild that cant even do competitive dps and backpeddles.

The answer is always " cba " or " no "

Why is this? Are they afraid of not being able to move from the fire and it would hurt their ego?

How about it's boring.

Deleted
    In my experience pvp'ers think they are better then raiders and think raiding is below them

In my experience PVPers are generally better then PVEers and since raiding has never been hard since day 1, they tend to focus on PVP as it is a lot more challenging.

It's probably the same reason why barely any people from the top 10 raiding guilds are above 2600 arena rating, high end PvP takes time and leaves little room for PvE.

Deleted
    It's because pve is plain boring, im not interested in fighting scripted bosses which you will repeat every week and so

also that pvp gives abit more of a challenge too

Deleted
    Not everybody enjoys everything. I, for example never did pve cause the friend who introduced me to wow said its only fun with the right people and most pvers are noobs, cause fighting a scripted thing is easy as hell and whatnot...

But someday I finally got myself up and started raiding a little bit with pugs, now Im finally in a quite good guild with nice people. So either they arent really into it or they havent ever tried it and dont know how raiding can be fun.

Why do people use localized incidents/experiences and try to apply it to a whole group of players?

Some people don't like playing the game the same way you do.

/who cares?
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

I always see it as pvp is semi unpredictable where pve is scripted. Although pvp kinda is the same way you know you can lure interupts with fake casts and how to force cd's
    Last edited by noobstar; 2012-03-26 at 01:05 PM. Reason: additional thoughts

I guess one reason is that they make themselves believe some sort of stupid lie that PvE is "always the same", when all the people you meet in PvP are the same too. All the classes are always the same, and they barely change between patches, same with raids.

I guess PvE-people do PvE, and PvP-people do PvP for a reason. They don't like the other thing. But saying "scripted fights olol" is just stupid. It's like I'm going into PvP and saying "scripted classes olol".

"serious" PvP'rs... have you ever taken a look how that part of the community generally acts? They are generally rather hard to take seriously, by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know their reasons for not doing PvP, and frankly, I do not care. All that matters to me is the end results; they are staying the heck away from me.

Note, however, that PvP and PvE both require skil at the highest level, but the type of skill required is very different. This is propably one of the reasons why high level PvE and PvP don't generally mix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
    In my experience PVPers are generally better then PVEers and since raiding has never been hard since day 1, they tend to focus on PVP as it is a lot more challenging.
    Have you cleared Naxx 40 back in the day and have some sort of proof to back that up, or are you just trolling to start a flame war? Huuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OT: It's like comparing people who like apples and people who like oranges. Some people like them both, some people only like one. The few PvP heavy folks I know enjoy raiding once in a while. It's my PvE friends that stay away from PvP, probably because they don't know what to do and are afraid of being slaughtered.

Deleted
    ermm I pve and pvp and I would class myself as a "serious" pvper but also a "serious" pver so

When I was serious about PvP I didn't raid, I didn't find the time to do both. Now however I'm not intressted at all in PvP since IMO it has become 100% shit and therefor I only focus on Raiding and playing my "pvp" inform of Dota2

It all comes down to how much time you want to spend ingame, I've become more of a raid logger latley since theres no progression, but during progression I raided 12h / week. When I was serious in pvp I used to play about an hour each day, sometimes even more.
    Last edited by Drefan; 2012-03-26 at 01:07 PM.

Anyone serious about PvP do PvE for the stuff, even if it's boring as hell

In Seasons 1-4, all the serious PvPers raided because pve gear was viable and, in some situations, the best way to go. Nowadays, PvE is worthless outside of the trinkets which were nerfed and the Deathwing weapons/legendaries. Even then, they are comparable (in pvp) to using tier 2 weapons.

It's not like S4 where you wanted 4 pc t6 + 4 pc brutal + warglaives i guess simplifies it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
    In my experience many PvP'ers think they are good PvE'ers, but they are not. They are comparing PvP at whatever level they do it at to PvE at a much lower level. I've raided in a high end guild which naturally attract quite some good PvP'ers, and the only thing they had in common is that they were terrible PvE'ers. They could do the basics, but anything out of the ordinary.

It's just like the PvE heros rolling in with a thugcleave or similar with legendary rogue and 416 weapons and say PvP is easy. They can do the basics, but actual playing well, they can't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    In my experience many PvP'ers think they are good PvE'ers, but they are not. They are comparing PvP at whatever level they do it at to PvE at a much lower level. I've raided in a high end guild which naturally attract quite some good PvP'ers, and the only thing they had in common is that they were terrible PvE'ers. They could do the basics, but anything out of the ordinary.

It's just like the PvE heros rolling in with a thugcleave or similar with legendary rogue and 416 weapons and say PvP is easy. They can do the basics, but actual playing well, they can't.
    You must have been playing with average 'good' player

10+ Year Old Account
    its like comparing apples to oranges both pvp and pve takes different skillset and mindset.

Mostly because playing at high levels takes time, and often people don't have the time to play both.

Not including the "i like to play this and not that" argument.

I like PvE, i play PvE. I'd like very much to properly learn how to PvP, but i don't have time for that and i think capping conquest 1day/week is not PvP. I have more fun in farming herbs.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.