Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Second. Not 2. I didn't put that period there for no reason. Also, it's not 3 stars extra, it's having Starfall back up earlier. Incarnation basically doubles the effect of haste on our DoT uptime and Starfall CD for the duration. Some of those effects persist for a while after Incarnation ends.

Still, i doubt it's going to stay like that for long, since even in the best case, the gain is rather small. I've been thinking about other changes, like removing the Starsurge CD or it making Eclipse last till you hit the next one, but haven't found anything i'd really like yet.

On a sidenote, it's kinda funny that Inc turns out to be the weakest of the bunch, when before beta "everybody" was beating down on FoN.
    /sigh I should have known that the period meant something :P
    I know that starfall and double dots remain after the effect ends but we are talking about 4 more sec of double dots and 6 stars from starfall....for a 3min "burst" cd the bonus is too small.
    And no, it does not double the effect of haste, it's haste that reduce the effectiveness of that talent.

At 0 haste, SotF is giving 3.5% DPS, and Incarnation 2.2%.
    At 3k haste (L85), the gap widens considerably--around 4.0% to 1.2%
    Last edited by mmoc37672be2a3; 2012-03-28 at 11:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    [Chosen of elune] now doubles the energy you generate both IN and OUT of eclipse.
    This means that his bonus is void if used at 0 energy, here is a very raw 30sec dps cycle simulation.
    Hamlet's math so far does show that Incarnation falls off with haste, or SotF gets better. I don't remember, it's early. Either way, it's pretty far behind SotF.

I'm curious as to how you say it is void if at 0 energy. You used it at 0 energy and got 40 energy from Starfire. That's double the eclipse bonus. How is that not gaining the benefit?

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 11:32 AM ----------

What I'd really like to know is whether you can proc Euphoria while Incarnation is active and get quadruple Eclipse power (80 SF/SS, 60 Wrath).
    If not, it's going to further weaken the buff.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Hamlet's math so far does show that Incarnation falls off with haste, or SotF gets better. I don't remember, it's early. Either way, it's pretty far behind SotF.

I'm curious as to how you say it is void if at 0 energy. You used it at 0 energy and got 40 energy from Starfire. That's double the eclipse bonus. How is that not gaining the benefit?

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 11:32 AM ----------

What I'd really like to know is whether you can proc Euphoria while Incarnation is active and get quadruple Eclipse power (80 SF/SS, 60 Wrath).
    If not, it's going to further weaken the buff.
    When I say the bonus is void, I'm talking about direct nukes.
    You enter faster into an eclipsed state but you also exit faster nulling the fact that you reached the eclipse in no time..because you could cast only 3 spells under it's effect.
    The only thing that the talents does is to provide 4 more sec of double dot, a lot of mana regen (lol), 3 starfall hits (in the 30 sec time frame) 10 if you count ticks after the effect ends.

In the beta Euphoria still suffers from the "bug" that prevents it if you are above 60 energy.
    Using CoE greatly lower the chances for it to proc.
    When it proc it should double the doubled power and not the base power like it did with 4t12.
    Last edited by mmoc37672be2a3; 2012-03-28 at 11:39 AM.

And no, it does not double the effect of haste, it's haste that reduce the effectiveness of that talent.
    Read the full sentence, not just the first 7 words. One of the problems with Incarnation is that it doesn't affect NG uptime the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by TiredTofu View Post
    Well, actually, I'm about 95% sure that that isn't actually a buff.

That 10% damage increase and 15% damage reduction is just what you'd normally get for Moonkin form. Since, you know, Chosen of Elune is probably going to replace the Moonkin Form buff. In other words, you won't have the Moonkin Form buff and the Chosen of Elune buff at the same time, so you wouldn't be able to "double-dip" the bonuses from Moonkin and CoE forms.
    So if Incarnation: Chosen of Elune replaces Moonkin Form then we are trading the double Lunar/Solar generation for ourselves at the expense of the 5% haste buff for the raid. Seems like a loss if your raid doesn't have the 5% haste buff covered by multiple characters.

Incarnation grants all of Moonkins benefits in addition to the doubled Eclipse energy.

On a semi-related note, Moonkin aura persists even if you leave Moonkin.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I say the bonus is void, I'm talking about direct nukes.
    You enter faster into an eclipsed state but you also exit faster nulling the fact that you reached the eclipse in no time..because you could cast only 3 spells under it's effect.
    The only thing that the talents does is to provide 4 more sec of double dot, a lot of mana regen (lol), 3 starfall hits (in the 30 sec time frame) 10 if you count ticks after the effect ends.

In the beta Euphoria still suffers from the "bug" that prevents it if you are above 60 energy.
    Using CoE greatly lower the chances for it to proc.
    When it proc it should double the doubled power and not the base power like it did with 4t12.
    You're also having Starfall up more often as you're in Lunar eclipse twice as often.

The Euphoria bug should be above 35 energy, not above 60 energy.

The proc did affect the double power on 4T12 once they patched it in. It was not buggy for very long.

It's more DPS to be transitioning Eclipses faster then to extend the duration you're in each Eclipse.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Oh, something i just remembered that might be rather interesting to this discussion: You do not lose the ability to shift into regular Moonkin while Incarnation is active. Chosen is a separate form.