Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where do you think warrior dps will be in MoP

So where do y'all think us warriors Dps will stand in MoP compared to other classes and which spec do you believe will be the better?? Let's get some good discussion goin on.

Also let's get some good ideas of talent and glyph combos for the specs and what you plan on using for what situations.

- Slighty above middle of the pack in the 1st tier, maybe competing for a top 3 spot in a 10 man guild or a top 8 spot in a 25 man guild.

- Face smashing OP in the 2nd tier due to gear scaling.

- Nerfed in the 3th tier ( a la Fury 4.3 ) cause we scaled to well in the HC gear from the 2nd tier.

We dont get rage from taking dmg anymore right?

Without that we will be middle of the pack. Its the only thing that keeps warriors high on the dps meter.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    - Slighty above middle of the pack in the 1st tier, maybe competing for a top 3 spot in a 10 man guild or a top 8 spot in a 25 man guild.

- Nerfed in the 3th tier ( a la Fury 4.3 ) cause we scaled to well in the HC gear from the 2nd tier.

Probably something like this. But honestly now with there being another melee dps class (monk) it is going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Well hard to say where the dice will be landing on the blizzard balancing sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post

Not sure to what extent this is going to be true considering they took care of the good scaling mechanisms deepwounds and flurry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Non-arms warriors are in a bad place right now.

-Prot damage is very low, although devastate requires no rage atm and Shield slam generates rage.

-Fury warrior's have very inconsistent rage costs for abilities, weapon swapping is a little borked atm so unless you're an SMF guy you're gonna be punching your face. Raging blow is useless now that it doesn't scale with mastery, because atm it deals less damage than auto attacks. Flurry not proccing of crits is very infuriating.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-03-25 at 05:32 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I think we will be fine, like we usually are. Good, skilled/geared warriors will be able to compete for top spots hopefully.

Hope that SMF will be competitive, I was really looking forward to its return in Cata (well not SMF but 1H dps) hate TG so much and 2 expansions of arms is getting dull especialy since the rotation is no where near as fun as it was in Wrath. Long live Blazefury / Hailstorm transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Non-arms warriors are in a bad place right now.

-Prot damage is very low, although devastate requires no rage atm and Shield slam generates rage.

-Fury warrior's have very inconsistent rage costs for abilities, weapon swapping is a little borked atm so unless you're an SMF guy you're gonna be punching your face. Raging blow is useless now that it doesn't scale with mastery, because atm it deals less damage than auto attacks. Flurry not proccing of crits is very infuriating.
    eh wouldnt worry about it to much all those issues sound like the result of mechanics changes caused by the talent tree revamp. in a few beta patches im sure all will be well

Fury no longer has it's staple CD Deathwish, this I think is great because it cuts away some of fury's CD dependance, on the other hand we will no longer have our insane on-demand DW+Reck combo (that said you can still spec into Bloodbath or Avatar, both which are reasonably powerful dps cds, but not as powerful as Deathwhish with it's mastery scaling).

We will be balanced to be slightly less dependant on an extremely powerful CD combo, and instead get stronger dps outside of CDs to make up for it, I think overall that's a win, unless there's many Spine fights in MoP.

Also Enrage will now proc of special crits, and last 6s. I like this change since it will nearly guarantee that our Enrage will proc once we go into Reck+CD+trinket, instead of having to hope for the 9% Enrage to proc.

As whoranzone said we likely loose a good deal of gear-scaling through Deep Wounds not proccing off every crit.. but my hope is that our dps will finally become predictable enough for the development team to 'put us in a good place' balancing wise, and keep us there. Instead of having to go through the nerf-buff rolercoaster over and over again.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

I'm still gonna be Fury. Few reasons:

1: I love it.
    2: I'm better at it than I am with any other spec (or class, for that matter).
    3: Glyphs of Burning Anger and Murder of Crows will be fun. And Enraged Speed will be OP (If it stays in/Doesn't change).

Also, nothing beats a raging berserker, half-clothed and fully smashed, wielding two torso-sized maces who charges in and beats on the dragon for six and a half minutes, all the while taking fire breaths and claws to the face and laughing maniacally as they pound away until the beast is dead. NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Weensie View Post
    I think we will be fine, like we usually are. Good, skilled/geared warriors will be able to compete for top spots hopefully.

Avatar and a war banner for 30% crit,
    Recklessness with that,
    and every other cd,
    oh god that'll be loads of fun

Somehow i cant see TG Fury fun with 9% (it was 9% wasnt it?) chance on autoattacks proccing flurry...
    Its already a pain the few times flurry falls off...i cant see that being a funny game play but i might get suprised.

Deleted
    As always with gear scaling issues warrior dps will progressively get better the further we are in MoP.

Fury was fun in wotlk 100% arp + Shadowmourne and you just blew everything in your way.
    Right now I enjoy arms. The main thing I don't like about warrior is that we have few 'fun' buttons and almost every of them has a long cd. Recklessness has a 3 min cd, shieldwall has a crappy mechanic atm. If you compare these CD's say to a rogues they really seem like crap.
    Right now warriors are not in the best shape but they are competitive in PvE atleast.

Deleted
    I think warrior will be one of the tops in MoP tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    prolly OP like always

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Somehow i cant see TG Fury fun with 9% (it was 9% wasnt it?) chance on autoattacks proccing flurry...
    Its already a pain the few times flurry falls off...i cant see that being a funny game play but i might get suprised.
    yeah early 90 fury is propably going to be a rage-starve nightmare, the 9% proc chance is bad enough but then there's also having to go through the hit-stacking schedule all over again.

+While not everyone's cup of tea, personally hoping to see SMF spec to be finally strong enough to cut TG some slack, that smooth rage gen would be great early MoP.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2012-03-26 at 12:40 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

- Pretty much balanced with ever other DPS, with skill being the biggest factor when picking a DPS
    - Warrior forums will QQ about too little damage, quoting a lack of utility as a reason for needing more
    - Other forums, especially PvP, will QQ about warriors being OP.

Generally we scale better with gear than any other class. This means you have to think about where Blizz has balanced warriors. If we're balanced when in blues, we're going to be OP in epics. If we're balanced in epics we're going to be slightly underpowered in blues.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    We dont get rage from taking dmg anymore right?

Without that we will be middle of the pack. Its the only thing that keeps warriors high on the dps meter.
    Are you serious? There are no set numbers in any ability or gear yet, no-one has even played at lvl 90, let alone tested rotations in a raid environment.
    Blizzards intention obviously is to have all DPS specs as equal as possible. Trying to reason where warriors will end up at this stage is just stupid.