Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Same as what datrillest said. The last week, no servers. Now I have servers up, but when I try to connect, it just gets stuck at connecting. Oh well. I'll get in when I get in.
    "And I looked and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto him over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Its possible that they're pushing the PTR for 5.0 really fast to get the world event tested and have a wider audience test out class changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...

The only big patch that might needs PTR testing is 5.0.0 ... but it is a bit early for it.

Still odd that the PTR forums are back up, like someone pointed out.
    And 5.0.0 would probably be on test during the gap between Beta closing and expansion release.

4.3.4 is about to start PTR testing soon. As to why the beta client is connecting to those server though.. No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    And 5.0.0 would probably be on test during the gap between Beta closing and expansion release.
    World event PTR usually coincides with the last ~2 months of beta. May be they have enough of the world event and even MoP done that they want to test them simultaneously.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Well, here to hoping that we all receive beta invites soon!!

Wishful thinking I know :*(
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly would be more hopeful if this was not occurring for everyone here. I doubt we would all happen to get invites to Beta at the same time.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say if we don't see another wave tomorrow (1 week into beta), all bets are off. At that point we've entered the Blizzard Out of this Dimension, and who knows when we'll be found.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    World event PTR usually coincides with the last ~2 months of beta. May be they have enough of the world event and even MoP done that they want to test them simultaneously.
    They claimed It'd only be 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could we not have gotten more invites tonight? Someone's friend said we would.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could also be turning the PTR servers into beta servers in order to house the high amount of annual pass beta testers.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    They could also be turning the PTR servers into beta servers in order to house the high amount of annual pass beta testers.
    I hope so...

f5f5f5f5

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    How could we not have gotten more invites tonight? Someone's friend said we would.
    lol

Ah I didn't realize those were PTR servers. It is interesting the BETA client is picking them up though.

I just get "unable to validate game version" when I try to log on the beta client.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    Honestly, this may be the case. Since there'll be enough people to test the two scenarios for the pre-event as well.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    I just get "unable to validate game version" when I try to log on the beta client.
    Usually that means there's a patch you're missing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Usually that means there's a patch you're missing.
    Beta launcher says game is up to date.

Edit: My game says Build 15464.

Edit2: Nevermind. I fixed it. There was a post in the beta support forums that said you had to add SET portal "public-test" to your Config.wtf folder. And look at that. It works.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2012-03-28 at 04:15 AM.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

cant wait to help blizzard test there game!
    nothing will get past my watchful eye ;P

Sig by myself
    Requests:Open
    my work

Odd...
    PTR is 4.3.4.15499, while beta is 5.0.1.15464

o.o

To those saying the PTR for 5.0 would not be out till after the beta closed down. Sorry but that hasn't been the case in the past. During the Cata beta, before i was invited to the beta test the PTR was in fact up with 4.0. I know this because i was logging into the PTR to check out 4.0 talent changes and such when i noticed i had 2 accounts on my PTR client login screen, one was PTR other was cata beta. I could log into the cata beta using the PTR client, but the maps were all wrong of course. At which point i logged into my battle.net account page and noticed i had beta access added for cata.

So yeah, most likely doing some internal testing of the 5.0 patch, maybe getting ready to push it to PTR in the next week or 2(maybe longer). A good bit early i agree, but still possible. Also likely could be a small PTR patch testing before 5.0 patch. I wouldnt get hopes up on these realms being beta realms though.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Honestly, this may be the case. Since there'll be enough people to test the two scenarios for the pre-event as well.[COLOR="red"]
    I am starting to think this is what will happen. Beta PTR and Regular PTR are two different clients. I can't imagine how this would be an accident. But, tonight we will possibly see.