10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    So what you're saying is that it's ok to try questionable builds in dominion, but not in normals. From what you've said so far that is trolling. If player x happens to love dominion and plays almost exclusively dominion (there are lots that do) and player y comes in and builds something crazy, because it's just dominion, then he is depriving the other people their enjoyment for that game.
    Exactly. There are people that do take other non-SR modes (even ARAM and TT have their share of players that play those modes with the mindset to win) seriously. The way you said that Dominion should be used to test out builds in this manner can apply the other way. What if someone who claims to be a kickass Kassadin player on Dominion (who is actually very OP in that mode), wants to first pick him in ranked SR or draft SR, despite not playing a game in that mode with him? What makes it fair that people can't test things in SR (normals of course), but testing in Dom, TT, or ARAM is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Yes, and use your reading comprehension skills here for a second, because I gave my reason already, and I'm going to repeat it for you... again.

You are far less dependent on someone to fulfill their "role" in dominion, than you are in a normal game.

and your fail build, can still be somewhat effective if you are under a turret defending it from being capped, or even deterring people from it just because of your presence on the node.

I don't think anyone here would disagree on that fact, and I am a little disappointed that a moderator, would get so worked up that you would make such a ridiculous response, purely in yet another attempt to nitpick and get personal because I have offended you in some way
    You would be surprised how people underestimate having a balanced team in other game modes. Having 5 squishy damage dealers may mean that you can assassinate enemies out of position, but will melt in teamfights. Also, the bottom laner in Dom is akin to the top laner in SR, where it can make or break a game.

Being behind or out of place with a build on Dom is punishing itself, as aside from one-sided stomps, the gold counts among all the players are close to even with each other.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-02-20 at 05:03 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    But it is far easier for the team to pick up the slack given the size of the map and the nature of how dominion progresses. Providing you are actually trying (even with your theoretical build)

and quite frankly... you guys know this, you've played dominion (and while yes there are SOME people who are going to rage regardless) dominion is a far more easy going atmosphere and the fact that you are making me explain this to you... is rather pedantic

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post

You would be surprised how people underestimate having a balanced team in other game modes. Having 5 squishy damage dealers may mean that you can assassinate enemies out of position, but will melt in teamfights. Also, the bottom laner in Dom is akin to the top laner in SR, where it can make or break a game.
    and I wouldn't be surprised... I play them when I need a break from the seriousness of normals

You know. YOU KNOW! That it is far more fun, easy going, care free atmosphere than normals... why, WHY! are you making me explain it to you... you guys are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 09:12 PM ----------

Really Isrozzis? Infracted... consider yourself up for review I'm reporting you for abusing your power and taking this personal...

Especially in a thread that is just begging for aggression...
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2013-02-20 at 05:08 AM.

Just had a game (Unranked, only level 18) I was playing Gragas while my lane partner was playing Miss Fortune, MF preceeded to die 9 times in the first 10 minutes, She switched with one of our top lane champs (Shen) and he then died 5 times in 10 minutes (We were facing Malphite and Xin Zhao) Needless to say we lost all the battles in that lane and any other lane with those 2 in it the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Really Isrozzis? Infracted... consider yourself up for review I'm reporting you for abusing your power and taking this personal...

Especially in a thread that is just begging for aggression...
    Feel free to PM Sunshine or Bibi about it.

This thread is watched closely though, because it's walking the line. We know that people need to vent from time to time, that's the nature of the League community and the game, and that's fine. What's not fine though, is breaking the rules or stepping over the line. Doing so is what leads to us potentially closing the thread, meaning that there's no place to blow off a bit of steam in the forums.

So please, be respectful and mindful of the rules while posting in this thread. Failing to do so will end up with infractions and possible thread closures, and nobody wants to be "that guy".

after 9 losing streak on ranked i finally won a long and hard 50min game

then i lost 20min surrender game lol /runt
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

*snip*

I can't enjoy my new skin with bad games. Was told to play passively while Tristana farming creeps. But instead, she commit when I couldn't commit well and she died to Thresh and Vayne. She came back and we were pushing lane. The moment I was going to ward their "Y" bush below dragon, she over commits on Vayne and dies again. Steadily, and with Jax commenting as well, they start calling me worst Sona and other blind and over-the-top assumptions. Mid gets fed and Cass starts destroying bot along with feeding Patheon (only Signed was doing well with his laning).

While this is going on, didn't do so well with my ults and Jax starts to cry out how I'm missing them. Heck, teammates still dying when my ult do connect. Just bad synergy with Trist and Jax made this game easier for the other side. Usually, they kept running off on their own and farming creeps while the enemy team just humps them to death. Jax just become sadistic afterwards and just becomes a 0/10 troll saying he's "laughing." I recommend not playing with that guy or the person that played Trist. They're very rude and just straight up annoying.

Please black out summoner names if you are going to post images. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-02-20 at 04:45 PM.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

i freaking hate when adc gets all agreesive when i told him on chat with yellow ping "IM GOING TO WARD SO BECAREFUL!!!"then they die somehow.... lol
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Feel free to PM Sunshine or Bibi about it.

This thread is watched closely though, because it's walking the line. We know that people need to vent from time to time, that's the nature of the League community and the game, and that's fine. What's not fine though, is breaking the rules or stepping over the line. Doing so is what leads to us potentially closing the thread, meaning that there's no place to blow off a bit of steam in the forums.

So please, be respectful and mindful of the rules while posting in this thread. Failing to do so will end up with infractions and possible thread closures, and nobody wants to be "that guy".
    Are you sure it's necessary to watch this thread as a potential rulebreaker? I mean, sure, if people break the rules, infract and/or ban them, but why close the thread? Closing threads should be something reserved for topics that obviously incite flaming or other abuse. In this case, it offers the player a place to write off some stress and the people that abuse that to bait others into making certain statements are in the wrong, not the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vespian, some threads have people occasionally making a mistake. Some threads invite others to make mistakes. There's a difference and this one is bordering precariously close on the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Vespian, some threads have people occasionally making a mistake. Some threads invite others to make mistakes. There's a difference and this one is bordering precariously close on the latter.
    Yeah, no. Rephrasing what I said earlier, doesn't make changing the conclusion right. This thread does not invite/incite others to make mistakes. People make mistakes, whichever thread they are in. And the average infractions per page in this thread are clearly not all that far off from the average infractions per page in all the others.

Also keep in mind, what the original reason was that this thread exists.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-20 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Yeah, no. Rephrasing what I said earlier, doesn't make changing the conclusion right. This thread does not invite/incite others to make mistakes. People make mistakes, whichever thread they are in. And the average infractions per page in this thread are clearly not all that far off from the average infractions per page in all the others.

Also keep in mind, what the original reason was that this thread exists.
    This thread makes it inviting for people to speak their raging minds freely. This often causes many emotions to run wild, and when this person gets told that he/she is being irrational with his case, then there is a high probability that he or she will lash out. This then ends up in a massive discussion / flame war, and people will end up getting infracted in the process.

This is by far the worst thread I've ever seen, and the people using it should consider what they write (just like in any other thread) before they post it.

Also, you should read up on the basic rules edgecrusher gave the posters. These should make it more than clear enough that this is a tricky topic, and should be moderated heavily.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2013-02-20 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    i freaking hate when adc gets all agreesive when i told him on chat with yellow ping "IM GOING TO WARD SO BECAREFUL!!!"then they die somehow.... lol
    Number 1 cause of ADC death in my lane: ADC pushing, trying to get a kill vs 2 while I'm warding or have gone b >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    This is by far the worst thread I've ever seen, and the people using it should consider what they write (just like in any other thread) before they post it.
    Or we could just ignore what they say and let people vent freely...

I know it's hard to not tell people on the internet that they are wrong, but we could at least try!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Or we could just ignore what they say and let people vent freely...

I know it's hard to not tell people on the internet that they are wrong, but we could at least try!
    Or, you know, we could just close this awful thread where they are pretty much under 'political immunity'.

I don't mind people complaining in the LoL general thread. In fact, many people still do. All these people that have done so, and have been told that they are being irrational, have been far less aggressive (in my experience), than over here, where they feel like they have the right to say anything, and have no one dispute what they say.

It's fucking sickening to see the behavior of people here.

You need to order your priorities in terms of things that are sickening to you, because in my world, things that are sickening happen in the outside world. Like child rapists. These are people posting their latest adventures gone wrong and I've been following this thread ever since I started LoL, but there's rarely an example that's actually on the wrong side of the fence. (And they get dealt with the same way everyone else gets dealth with). Moderated heavily, I never refuted that. Closing the thread, pointless and beyond comprehension.

Sickening, hah, to even use it in an online context.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-20 at 11:46 AM.

Or, you know, we could just close this awful thread where they are pretty much under 'political immunity'.

I don't mind people complaining in the LoL general thread. In fact, many people still do. All these people that have done so, and have been told that they are being irrational, have been far less aggressive (in my experience), than over here, where they feel like they have the right to say anything, and have no one dispute what they say.

You realise there are approximately 8000 stupid, irrational opinions expressed in the OT forums per minute, and they for the most part go uncorrected... this thread while full of petty complaints, gives me less cause for irritation than about 1 page of most of the topics on the General OT board :P

Deleted

The whole purpose of this thread is to whine. People have a bad game, they are in a bad mood and decide to come here to vent because, holy crap, that is exactly what the title of the thread says! Nowhere I see written "YOU VENT HERE, BUT THEN PEOPLE ARE GONNA NITPICK ON YOU AND START TELLING HOW MUCH IN THE END IT WAS YOUR FAULT ANYWAY!!!!!!!!". If someone wants to get tips or find out the reason why they lost a game and if they did anything wrong, they'd use Styles' thread not this one..

What is sickening is how people have this incessant need of telling someone they are wrong disregarding emotions and state of mind (which is pretty damn clear what it would be if someone makes an angry rant in this thread). No one is forcing you to neither read nor reply to this thread, so I really don't see why it should be closed because a few people are too annoyed at!!! seeing!!! people!!! being!!! wrong!!!

...This is what I would say if I cared about telling you how wrong you are, of course.

Deleted
    Mainly use the thread to write off the frustration from a bad game. It's therapeutic and it helps. Reckon it is a bad place to start discussions, maybe we need a separate thread where you can ask for feedback on points if you had a bad game? How to act against flamers/haters/ragers, or how to handle situation X->Y=Z.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Mainly use the thread to write off the frustration from a bad game. It's therapeutic and it helps. Reckon it is a bad place to start discussions, maybe we need a separate thread where you can ask for feedback on points if you had a bad game? How to act against flamers/haters/ragers, or how to handle situation X->Y=Z.
    It's easy to say "do not start discussions", but when someone barges in and cries how AP Poppy is a troll build or Pandragons the entire post it's hard to stay silent. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You need to order your priorities in terms of things that are sickening to you, because in my world, things that are sickening happen in the outside world. Like child rapists. These are people posting their latest adventures gone wrong and I've been following this thread ever since I started LoL, but there's rarely an example that's actually on the wrong side of the fence. (And they get dealt with the same way everyone else gets dealth with). Moderated heavily, I never refuted that. Closing the thread, pointless and beyond comprehension.

Sickening, hah, to even use it in an online context.
    I'll decide that for myself thank you very much.

Are you actually trying to condescend me for calling the awful behavior of a human being on the internet sickening? Sure there are things like child rapists, etc. That does not mean I cannot find this behavior sickening as well. I'm pretty sure you've had moments where you just felt dirty talking to someone online because he's simply such a thickheaded idiot. To me, that sickens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    You realise there are approximately 8000 stupid, irrational opinions expressed in the OT forums per minute, and they for the most part go uncorrected... this thread while full of petty complaints, gives me less cause for irritation than about 1 page of most of the topics on the General OT board :P
    It's nice and sweet that you're referring to the OT forum section, but I'm talking about the LoL forum section.