Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    TriForce. 890
    What are you saying...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    What are you saying...?
    The gold you're wasting on Sheen most likely.

About that statement - don't extremize it. I mean things like Manamune on Mordekaiser or Archangel's Staff on Zac - those, I'm sure you'll agree, are invalid itemization choices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    About that statement - don't extremize it. I mean things like Manamune on Mordekaiser or Archangel's Staff on Zac - those, I'm sure you'll agree, are invalid itemization choices.
    So, your Swift of Boots is valid on TF but not my Manamune on Morde?

I don't see why is that. Both are (unperfectly, shitly, crapply, etcly) on TF and Morde, respectively, still a valid item because the stats do not go completely(Keyword: completely) to waste.

Isn't that the definition you used when using the word valid when referring to Boots of Swiftness on TF?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

I don't see why is that. Both are (unperfectly, shitly, crapply, etcly) on TF and Morde, respectively, still a valid item because the stats do not go completely(Keyword: completely) to waste.

Isn't that the definition you used when using the word valid when referring to Boots of Swiftness on TF?
    It's quite easy to understand the point he's trying to make.

Manamune goes entirely to waste on non-mana champs. Boots of Swiftness actually have a purpose after its purchase.

However, that still makes Boots of Swiftness a horrible addition to your item build, and I don't see any reason why anyone would buy them unless they synergize with your skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

I don't see why is that. Both are (unperfectly, shitly, crapply, etcly) on TF and Morde, respectifly, still a valid item because the stats do not go completely(Keyword: completely) to waste.

If you're in a dynamic game where there's a lot of chasing and kiting and they have Nasus, Nunu, Sejuani, Ashe, Mundo or any combination thereof, and it's more important that you survive the chase than that you ignore 15 more of the enemies' resistance, then Boots of Swiftness are a perfectly valid choice.

You're confusing the terms useless and sometimes useful. 15 Movement speed and 1 second off that 4 second slow can come in handy. Don't overestimate the value of 15 magic penetration either; it's nice, but let's not make the mistake of concluding it's the be-all end-all for every caster in every game.

And yes, I think you are missing my point. I'm not defending Boots of Swiftness on TF, I'm defending the possibility of the usefulness of this combination - you're asserting it's impossible. Just because you cannot see the use in something does not mean nobody can. I'm sure most people would dismiss 90% of progressive builds until they saw them in action.

One last thing - another distinction must be made between items of whose stats your character can take full advantage, and optimal items:
    • Zhonya's Hourglass on Jax is taken advantage of fully because both AP and armor make sense on Jax, but are not optimal
    • Blade of the Ruined King is optimal, however, because not only are all its stats useful to Jax, but they are also attributes he needs and can exploit best - attack speed, damage and life steal
    While Boots of Swfitness may or may not be optimal for a character like TF, with respect to the game being played, the augmentations they provide are 100% efficient, provided there is actually something in the game to slow you.

Manamune on Mordekaiser (or any other non-mana user) is not 100% efficient, because, having no mana pool, he can never increase the item's damage.
    Last edited by gamhacked; 2013-09-14 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    Just played a game, and I played amazingly as always ()

.. Jungling as Hecarim. Enemy jungler being Elise.
    Lux mid vs Urgot.
    Garen top vs Vladimir.
    Lucian bot adc vs Twitch.
    Rengar bot supp vs Taric.

All is well, our bot lane is winning without any help from me and Elise isn't ganking there in spite of them never warding (lol, lucky right?). I gank mid and top and all is amazing.
    Around the 35 min marker things go south. Turns out our Lucian has built lifesteal in every single slot except for his boots. We're talking 2 Bloodthisters with a 3rd in the making + one of those blades of the living something. I'm not even kidding.
    I tell him that he hasn't got a single ADC item worth having and tell him to buy Last Whisper, he complies.
    Now our Lux, Garen and Lucian all agree that because of something I've done, we suddenly lose at the 40 min marker, in spite of us having been ahead in: Early game, Early middle game, Middle game, Late middle game AND early late game. BUT NOW when ADCs start to really carry the game and we don't have any (lol Lucian full lifesteal obviously makes 0 difference in damage) it's my fault that we lose. Right.
    Yes. Get the fuck out and uninstall please.
    Vent over, thanks alot.

Deleted
    well today was fucking shit. my record with sona was 22 wins and 1 loss with a kda of 14 to 1. now it's 22 wins and 5 losses with a kda of 8.1 to 1.

it's days like these when I wonder why I play this game. the game before last I even did more damage than my adc. that's how poor she was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    well today was fucking shit. my record with sona was 22 wins and 1 loss with a kda of 14 to 1. now it's 22 wins and 5 losses with a kda of 8.1 to 1.

it's days like these when I wonder why I play this game. the game before last I even did more damage than my adc. that's how poor she was.
    Playing on the weekend is like trying to tie up your shoes, but the laces are made of razorblades.

You are only hurting yourself.

If you want to have a better chance at half decent players don't play on weekends/summer or evenings(late evening is fine for me).

I've found that the middle school/early high school kids are the ones that tend to do what they want/troll/ping constantly/die/you know the things you don't want to happen.

After I switched out the times that I do play I have seen much less... how do you say... mouthbreathers, there will always be idiots playing, but you can reduce the amount you have to come in contact with.

Edit-

OT: Had a game where our Catylin went top after everyone had called their roles, including Cat. 7 minutes in after getting 2 kills she then decided she would be top( I was Riven solo top) but she did not want me to go bot(not the best idea, but I've done it in the past) and she did not want me to help top(my lane).

So she spend the rest of the game in our base putting down wards all over our base and telling the other team in all where we were.
    Last edited by Sativex; 2013-09-14 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

I'm going bot late-ish game with my team's Jayce to keep a wave off the turret. I see the enemy Varus run into the bush near blue, so I throw a Q and take a Leona spear to the face. Jayce, meanwhile has decided "Nah, fuck him, I'm gonna farm" and I promptly get hit with 3 consecutive stuns while he watches.

Later, same game. I'm fighting a Udyr who's goal isn't to kill me but to get the inhib, so he's smacking away on it while I hit him with lay wastes and defile. Jayce comes in and throws the giant orb of doom in and then runs away. Udyr took the inhib, but I got the kill.

Later, Sivir (yes our adc was Sivir) and Jayce are chasing Leona when Varus comes to help her. Sivir and Leona get kills on each other and Varus is <200 health. Jayce throws the giant orb of death (without acceleration gate) at the minions, then runs away. Mind you, he's at 50% health at this point and varus is basically on life support. He then goes back in after eating a Q AND E from Varus and promptly dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Want to know why people blame junglers? Because a little over half are OBJECTIVELY AWFUL. I'm sorry, but if I'm being ganked in a lane that isn't even past my side of the river and get no ganks, that's the fucking jungler's fault I'm 40 CS behind.

- - - Updated - - -

2 in a row now where jungle's gone "lolmidyusobad?". Well, fuckhead, it's because I'm getting 2v1 dove every 30 seconds.

Deleted
    Sometimes... Just... Fuck this game.

We enter lobby. Level 30 draft game (and I was actually thinking that it would be my last practice before going for some ranked matches again).

Some dude called KRISNAYA *smthnig* immediately goes "mid or feed\".

I thought that was a joke, 'cuz other dude laughed and said "top or afk!" so I think "well, they must be premade and making fun" and I type "no, Krisnaya go supp, all of us go mid.. except you!! :d"

Then some other dude asks me where to go and I say "it's unranked so I can play all ok though I'll probably end as supp"

KRISNAYA then proceeded to instalock a support Leona and I say "oh, lol, you actually picked support? I was just making fun, we can swap if you still want mid, just tell me which champs you want?". No response.

I proceed to pick mid and we enter the game.

Leona immediately runs into their middle turret.

Then she went into her bot lane and proceeded to non-stop melee the enemy ADC and keep engaging on low health... And die. Over and over.

The enemy team picked off on this so they all start going bot to gank her. Result? I was 2-0 on mid, he roams and comes back 2-2 by ganking Leona and her adc (he used teleport and I spam pinged SS and warning but she still engaged the 3 of them).

This went for 40 minutes. Yes, 40 minutes during which Leona died over 20 times and kept spamming "All" chat so the enemy Thresh would 1v1 her...

Just.. Fuck this game, sometimes.

EDIT:

I forgot! Every time our jungler attempted to give me blue she'd run up to it to try and steal which she did manage to once. Oh, and when the "roaming team" phase begun she kept tower diving their mid (Kennen) to give him free kills.
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-09-15 at 07:41 AM.

I lost 5 games in a row the other night, but in hindsight, they were good losses. Well, most of them, anyway. My opponents, for the first time in this division, showed real promise - the kind of gameplay I and my team really need our best to beat, and nothing else will do.

I think it must happen to everyone who progresses - a point occurs where you finally feel that you'll need to grow as a player to move along any further, and accepting that is good.

Deleted
    Just lost my 4th promo series into gold due to retards/flaming or feeding. Every single time without fail I get these people when I am in my promo series.

Back to 52 LP.

Next ranked game there is a Fizz afk from minute one. -16 LP.
    Fuck my life. :S

Honestly???? This is the second game IN A ROW that I've had like this.... I'm Vayne.... It turned out how'd you'd expect... the fuck riot honestly
    I understand it's just "normals" but I like to have at least a fighting chance...

lost a game when my team is like 46/27....

Like there is 3 people on my team going insanely retarded, every team fight they spread out and keep focusing on different targets, then I am Corki with 20/3/15, Taric complain about me, WW thinks I'm retarded while we trying to push and he still at our red, is like I keep pinning we need to group we need to group, they just never group, we keep telling Taric to ward, and he never wards, then we lost the game because we never group, enemy pushes mid and win.

I just don't get it why some people have a tough ego, thinks they do everything correct and nothing wrong, then keep complain others doing horrible.
    Last edited by Vvhooya; 2013-09-17 at 06:04 AM.

Will be missed ~

Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    I just don't get it why some people have a tough ego, thinks they do everything correct and nothing wrong, then keep complain others doing horrible.
    In this thread, it happens more often than you think.
    I am the BEASTMASTER. What are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So last night I played Mid for the first time in ages... Luckily it was a normal game though.

Picked Zyra since shes my main for Supporting as well and thought I'd do well enough as a Mid with her....
    And what do I get matched up against? A friggin' Fizz! Thank you Blind-pick!

At first it was not that bad and I even almost landed a kill on him with some help from my jungler, but alas, he escaped.
    He then comes back and I've tried to freeze the lane the best I could... But then he stops last-hitting and let's the lane push to his tower and after this just all-ins me with the help of their Lee-Sin and I die.
    I come back and he does the same thing again, though this time without Lee-Sin. I come back again with the lane pushed a bit closer to my turret... At this point he's level 6 and proceeds to tower-dive me at my turret. 0/4/0 now.

After this he proceeds to roam and getting kills left and right... I actually kill him once after he kills our jungler at lvl8 or something. But doesnt matter since Lee Sin was just camping Mid and just helping the Fizz get even more kills on me :P

I admit I was being a bit too cocky at the start and should have just played as passive as ever... but seirously, fck that retarded fish. I think he ended the game with like 35/5/something or so. Thank god he's usually banned in ranked games, heh.

I think theres something wrong with me when as a Support I'm easily Gold-level or higher but usually on any other role I play like some Wood V mouth-breather.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by justinram22 View Post
    Honestly???? This is the second game IN A ROW that I've had like this.... I'm Vayne.... It turned out how'd you'd expect... the fuck riot honestly
    I understand it's just "normals" but I like to have at least a fighting chance...

That's not too bad? I haven't seen an equal match-up in ages.
    I posted this in the normal thread, but I got this 2 days ago, I was Ahri:

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    That's not too bad? I haven't seen an equal match-up in ages.
    I posted this in the normal thread, but I got this 2 days ago, I was Ahri:
    [img-]http://i40.tinypic.com/fwj8l.png[/img]
    Oh lord... I feel sorry for you on your Ahri :P

But honestly theres not a HUGE difference between low-end gold and high Bronze. At least not as huge as between Silver and Challenger :P
    Me (Silver I) and my Plat 3 friend kicked the ass of a Duo-Diamond V botlane the other day with relative ease so it's not all that bad.

Deleted
    My last game... they managed to bring out the flamer in me. I am pretty sure I will get banned. The things I said... but they completely deserved it. Every single word.