Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    -Blizzard, a AAA developer, resorts to blatantly copying a well defined genre and pasted it into a completely unrelated genre.
    -New minigame required resources, resources that should have went to making more "core" content.
    -Game's original lore has taken a backseat to "whatever the hell we want, we'll rewrite the lore to fit it"
    -Game continues to become more and more "accessible", making the "reward" of succeeding less and less.
    -I didn't play cata, won't play this, at this point I'm just here for entertainment value. Enjoy the page view ad revenue MMOChamp.
    You think Pokemon was original? Ever heard of dragon quest? There are others games like pokemon released earlier.
    And the turn based combat was introduced also in earlier Japanese RPG (like Final Fantasy and others).

So no Blizz didn't copied from pokemon although they certainly had inspiration from it. Every single game is based on another. You can also say that WoW as a game is a copy from everquest, there are many similarities on both games.

Every single game that exists now has a similar predecessor. There are only a very few indie games that try to be 100% original and even many of those have similarities to previous games.

So stop being childish on this "copy" crap. Every time you see a comedy with teenagers you think the movie is a rip off from other previous movie with teenagers? Same with most action movies...

And mystery books are they copies from one another too? They sure follow the same path in the story.

Grow up and leave that childish crap behind. It ironic, to say the least, you calling this new feature childish because your attitude sure seems fit to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

I know this is purely speculation, and it's not meant as a complaint at all;
    But do you guys think features like this is something pressed through by Activision to milk the potensial revenue WoW generates, or do you think Blizzard came up with this purely because it's a fun new feature to bring to the game?

Personally I don't care either way as it's easy to just don't play this part of the game if you don't like it, but IF it's infact something forced through by Activision, I think it could have a negative impact on Blizzard and their creative control of their games, which has been in their own hands since day 1, and is known by everyone to be top notch.

WoW Pokemon!!! YAY!!!! Crocolisk. . . I CHOOSE YOU!!!

Can the WoW pokemon evolve? That'd be pretty neat imo. And it would make WoW invest in more game models, which is always a good thing.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the Paladin armor has cat/tiger/lion type shoulders to make the helm not so bland they should some kind of manes to the back of it a la super saiyan 3 (just to give an impression, not persé DBZ style ofc.).Also, why are the effects always fire? Those shoulders shouldn't necessarily spew fire IMO, doesnt fit the cat like heads on it.Other than that its a pretty good set to start off with!

The Warlock tier is really good again, just would like to see different animations to the Sha helmet.
    Not just the jaw opening every second, maybe have it twitch or transform a bit to make it more animated?
    Last edited by DSBreuning; 2012-03-31 at 12:52 AM.

Table of Elements
    i.imgur.com/685IO.png

We all knew pet battles are a Pokémon ripoff, but damn, this is like an exact copy. I LOVE it!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the petbattle system, looks kinda fun when it's not something you need to have if youi want to be top Pvp/pve player :P

10+ Year Old Account
    -Game's original lore has taken a backseat to "whatever the hell we want, we'll rewrite the lore to fit it"

This comment here confuses me,as "lore" technically refers to history or in this case what went off pre Warcraft 1 - Warcraft 3. If there is a future for WoW then obviously they have to keep making that lore so of course its going to feel made up because it is,the lore isnt already there and they just design a game around it....

I know that the stats and abilities of pets are incomplete/unfinished, but as of right now Aquatic Companions look to be the most OP. Healing abilities, bonus damage against 2 other companions types, and they are, thus far, resistant to the greatest number of companion types. (Dragonkin, Critter, Mechanical, and Water). I know, however, that humanoid and undead are not listed yet, so I'm probably failing by speculating at all. GG

Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    You think Pokemon was original? Ever heard of dragon quest? There are others games like pokemon released earlier.
    And the turn based combat was introduced also in earlier Japanese RPG (like Final Fantasy and others).

So no Blizz didn't copied from pokemon although they certainly had inspiration from it. Every single game is based on another. You can also say that WoW as a game is a copy from everquest, there are many similarities on both games.

Every single game that exists now has a similar predecessor. There are only a very few indie games that try to be 100% original and even many of those have similarities to previous games.

So stop being childish on this "copy" crap. Every time you see a comedy with teenagers you think the movie is a rip off from other previous movie with teenagers? Same with most action movies...

And mystery books are they copies from one another too? They sure follow the same path in the story.

Grow up and leave that childish crap behind. It ironic, to say the least, you calling this new feature childish because your attitude sure seems fit to it.
    Blizzard defense force HOE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post

This comment here confuses me,as "lore" technically refers to history or in this case what went off pre Warcraft 1 - Warcraft 3. If there is a future for WoW then obviously they have to keep making that lore so of course its going to feel made up because it is,the lore isnt already there and they just design a game around it....
    Pretty sure he is talking about all the ret-con lore and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    LOL @ Blizzard.

It seems like this is MOP's focus. Please put more time in and effort into a useless mini-game nobody will give a $hit about.
    Why would you even say that? No it doesn't have you not seen any of the other posts on mmo-champ? This is one little thing that I'm sure took barely any time. Honestly it's just a little side game for people to mess around with if they want I don't get why some people get in such a tizzy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Blizzard defense force HOE!
    Why the aggressiveness? Did I touch a soft spot? Logic hit you like a brick wall? I find it funny your post is void of it... Logic I mean.

Maybe you are a Acti-Blizz hating hoe?
    I find it funny, that most of your posts is insulting people, calling them trolls, fanboys and whatnot... So much irony.. Thinking and arguing must be hard huh...
    Last edited by esmifra; 2012-04-02 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock and shaman tier always look awesome, IMO. For the paladin tier, I personally don't like it too much. I'm happy we have transmogrification or I'd have to /puke. Maybe it will look good on my tauren pally, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Time is the greatest teacher, but unfortunately, it ends up killing all of its students.

HUGE fan of the lock set. Especially the blue/purple.