Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[MoP] Restoration druids and PvP

[MoP]
    So, what do you think about restoration druids in PvP?
    I don't think that "dispel everything" with a cooldown is fine, just think about dispelling unstable and take a silence!
    Also, Ironbark has 2min CD and 20% damage reduction.
    Are we going to walk while spamming Wild Mushroom to use Wild Mushroom: Bloom to heal?

honestly from what I am seeing so far resto druids seem to be in a way better place in MOP than they are now. cast time reductions on heals (healing touch and nourish) were really needed in my opinion and many talents seem beefed up or better now. The stance chaning talent to give you whatever it was 20 or 30% health back every 20 or 30 seconds and remove roots is good, and the magical heal when you take damage thing is a cool idea with a pretty low cooldown. And then obviously the best change being to swiftmend with the lower cooldown and also healing other people besides the target.

Healing Druid is looking better, or more fun, than paladins to me, and I am still out on Priests who look like they have some cool new abilities and now more absorption effects.

Did Ironbark change? Could have sworn it was 1 minute CD.

Anyway, I like the changes that are coming honestly. Will probably make it my main healer again after switching to priest in Cataclysm.

Deleted
    What about our "mass dispel"?

i dont like how we lose barkskin for ironbark tho. Ironbark was a cooldown we needed not at the cost of our own survivability cooldown.

yesterday i copied my rdruid to the eu beta server and it felt like tbc all over again.
    you are like unkillable against 1 to 4(!) similar geared, pvp oriented opponents.
    its early beta stage and abilities will scale differently on level 90, so i can only hope it will be the same on level 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    well i don't think we can be any worse than we are in cata :P but on topic from what i saw we gonna be playable again.

nice man. Yeah resto and balance look really decent. I just hope feral can be competitive tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    well i don't think we can be any worse than we are in cata :P
    LOL Yep, you are right. Though I'm waiting for some other news about it :P

Somehow I doubt resto druids will be fixed at all, and I expect them to be at the bottom of the food chain in terms of PvP healing again, based purely on class mechanics.

While the lifebloom glyph will help, I see them still struggling with the exact same weaknesses they currently have, and the new talents don't seem to be designed with resto druids in mind at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Somehow I doubt resto druids will be fixed at all, and I expect them to be at the bottom of the food chain in terms of PvP healing again, based purely on class mechanics.

While the lifebloom glyph will help, I see them still struggling with the exact same weaknesses they currently have, and the new talents don't seem to be designed with resto druids in mind at all.
    I must disagree. With 2 glyphs, we are having 2 of our previous problems fixed- Weakness to switching and lack of a powerful Flash Heal. With one, we remove our switching problem (Lifebloom glyph). With another, we remove our flash heal problem (Regrowth doesnt give a HoT, but it ALWAYS crits).

The squishiness problem is abit worse now- We did loose Barkskin. We got Ironbark though, for helping partners. We also got a Last Stand! weee!

Also, cant forget the usefulness of Symboisis. A new utility depending on partners!

As for dispel, I personally hope blizz adds a glyph- Either we get 8 sec CD dispel that hits all, or we get a no GCD that dispels only a single effect. The 8 sec dispel all is actually pretty useful against certain classes- Sure, you might eat some CC, but lets say we got a rogue-affliction warlock team, and they are focusing a target- get up HoTs on the target, then dispel EVERYTHING- The warlock need 4 seconds to do damage again, and the rogue lost about 6 seconds on his poison ramp-up, and you only get a quick silence.

However, the 8 second CD doesnt cut it for PvE- On Zon, there needs to be VERY good cooridination, or a few ppl gonna die. Heroic Spine... Ouch.

So, yea, either glyph it for 1 effect only (I.E in PvP, you will dispel either a Poison OR a Curse OR a Magic effect, and you cant choose) and no CD, or leave it at all effects dispeled and an 8 second CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Even currently resto is playable, no one just bothers to try as they're the worst of all healers. They still can be played, just require a bit more than others.

It's looking very nice for MoP though, 1 minute CD on NS, very useful new utilities, being able to actually dps in cat form (!!), regrowth actually healing. But we cannot say yet how it will really turn out to be. I'm at least going to enjoy druids a lot in MoP, being hybrid, healing mushrooms and symbiosis are just things I love.

Deleted
    Playable in PvE, so hard in pvp!
    Though I agree with Raugnaut

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    However, the 8 second CD doesnt cut it for PvE- On Zon, there needs to be VERY good cooridination, or a few ppl gonna die. Heroic Spine... Ouch.
    They'll probably redesign the encounters based on the dispel changes.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    We also got a Last Stand! weee!
    Only for Bearform and you don't switch in bear clicking on the spell (like Dash that changes you in catform).
    And as defensive cd it's pretty lame, for everybody.
    I really don't know why they don't give it only for Guardian spec, and adding some different cds for the other specs.
    Last edited by Sabnock; 2012-04-01 at 10:03 PM.

i think resto druids are going to be OP like in BC again, w00h00! cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Sabnock View Post
    Only for Bearform and you don't switch in bear clicking (like Dash that change you in catform).
    As defensive cd it's pretty lame.
    I really don't know why they don't give it only for Guardian spec, and adding some different cds for the other specs.
    Frenzied regen is currently amazing for resto. Why wouldn't the last stand be at least great in MoP? Even though some skills might shift you to the respective form instantly, it doesn't mean every skill should.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Why wouldn't the last stand be at least great in MoP?
    Because it's a bad defensive cd for a non tank player, they introduce it because the Guardian lacks of it.
    In order to use it for good, you have to: Switch Form into Bear (+20% hp with Disentanglement, but you can heal), use Last Stand, use Renewal or NS+HT, and if you are still alive you can also use Frenzied regen for some extra healing.
    Even if it was only 1 skill to press, it wouldn't be a good defensive cd at all.

What would it have to be for it to be a good defensive cooldown? It instantly heals you to 30% of max health which is even better with increased HP in bear form. Us druids don't currently have many instant heals. In regular arena situation there a maximum of 5 of them: Swiftmend, Nature's Swiftness, Battlemaster trinket, Lifebloom bloom effect and Frenzied Regeneration. When tunneled, Frenzied Regeneration is the best option as bear form has other benefits and Swiftmend just doesn't cut it usually.

The other cooldowns are actually even worse. Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch heals sometimes as less as 28k in a worst case scenario which is pathetic for a 3 minute cooldown. You can actually heal up to 60k with Frenzied Regeneration when timed properly. In MoP the last stand is definetly a welcomed cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    What would it have to be for it to be a good defensive cooldown?
    An effective damage reduction or invulnerability like more or less every class has, that's why a feral and resto gets something like that from Symbiosis (and balance doesn't).
    A Last Stand effect could be good in pve, in pvp not so much, especially if you have to use all the skills I've written before.

That's more or less why I think that Symbiosis is a very bad way to fix the problem at the source, they could easily introduce some defensive cd different for each specs and available only inside the spec (so last Stand it is only for Guardian, but resto get a more suitable defensive cd and so on), but hey! have fun with this ability impossible to balance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uka View Post
    yesterday i copied my rdruid to the eu beta server and it felt like tbc all over again.
    you are like unkillable against 1 to 4(!) similar geared, pvp oriented opponents.
    its early beta stage and abilities will scale differently on level 90, so i can only hope it will be the same on level 90.
    I hope not, then that means we'll be OP and there'll be a massive QQ followed by a nerfbat. I'm happy enough to be at a decent spot which is where I think resto druids will be in MoP.