Thread: Final Fantasy

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Final Fantasy

which of the final fantasy games you liked most ?

for me it was Final Fantasy 8 still have the 4 orginal discs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6BtJaBQmo
    had such a great ost

12>=7>=6>=4>8=9=10>5>1>3>2

In my opinion, at least. Removing random encounters, the greatest boss theme ever, fantastic visuals, the compelling License system, and especially Gambits and all the extra stuff to do all made 12 a landmark title in the franchise. I still wish they'd kept Gambits. I'll get to 13 and 13-2... someday. My ranking of 10 includes 10-2 with it. I'd probably rate every single one a 9.5 or higher, except 3 and 2; the rest of the games are all absurdly close. I've never finished 9 (technical problems), 10 (goddamn Seymour Flux), or 8 (just never got around to it), but I stand by my ranking regardless as I played them extensively (20-50 hours each). The top four changes a lot, and at that level of excellence, they're really just taste differences. It's a wonderful series.

1-6 are great (4 is my favorite of them). 7 was mediocre. Could not stand 8 or 10 and missed 9. After 10 I said I was done with FF. I will continue to replay the first 6.

after 7 they went downhill. So 6=7>5>4>3>2>1>8>9>10>11>12

effectively 6 and 7 are the two best ones, it's a toss up between those two which one is better. 1-5 are good. The remaining games blow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed IX and VI. Beyond that, I just didn't get the same draw as everyone else apparently. Also, I'll give XII the credit it deserves for being pretty revolutionary in the RPG department, despite it's negative following. I didn't give it the time it deserves. Not really into classic single-player, turn based style games so much these days.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked most of them, but not for the gameplay, the stories are amazing.
    IMO, the idea of Final Fantasy is not about the gameplay, it's the creators telling us a story, the fighting is kind of superfluous.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

For overall enjoyment, I'd have to say 8 -> 10 -> 7 -> 6 -> 4 -> 12

I never got past disc 2 of 9 (scratched disc), and I never got more than about 1/3 of the way through 12 (got bored). I am currently playing 13.

Tactics > 7 > 10 > 9 > 4 > 3 > 8 > 6 > 5 > 1 > 2 > Empty disc tray > 10-2 > 13

To clarify, I never completed 6, 5, 1, or 2 due to technical problems with my systems. 10-2 was just horrible and destroyed everything that was set up in the original 10. 13 I found mildly enjoyable in terms of story, but the gameplay was just terrible to me. And for 12...I just couldn't get into it. I didn't care for the combat overall and I found the story somewhat bland.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    US 3 still my favorite of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    Tactics > 7 > 10 > 9 > 4 > 3 > 8 > 6 > 5 > 1 > 2 > Empty disc tray > 10-2 > 13
    Ah yes, I pretty regularly forget about tactics in these threads. If we're considering it part of the series, it by FAR takes my #1 spot.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Ah yes, I pretty regularly forget about tactics in these threads. If we're considering it part of the series, it by FAR takes my #1 spot.
    See, I can never tell if people want to include it. It's probably the game I've had the most hours played in throughout the years. It's just so damn good though!
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Deleted
    7 was amazing in my eyes > 6 > 10 > 9 > 8 > the rest was mediocre and x-ii sucked bad!

10 is by far my favorite of the Final Fantasy series, as well as my favorite game of all time. It was just phenomenal. The story was amazing, especially because it didn't end happily ever after. I still maintain that the X-2 100% ending didn't happen.

After 10, I rather liked 8. Very underrated game, especially after 7, which (imo, of course), I found pretty mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to tell either gameplay or story.. if it was gameplay/system FF7, ff6, ff10-2, ff10 if its on story 6,7,10,9,4,12,8

Deleted
    10>13-2>13>9>8>7, those I've played and 10 really stood out with it's story and all the new stuff like voice acting etc. 13 and 13-2 also had a good story and gameplay with 13-2 being the better one IMO anyway.

Out of the FF games I played it is: Tactics > 12 = 10 > 13 > 7 >>> 10-2

Tactics is just an amazing game in all ways, I loved the turn-based game play and the story is awesome.
    IMO FF 12 is highly underrated by most people, the gambit system is really fun to play around with and there is plenty of stuff do in the game. The story isn't half as bad as most make it out to be also.
    10 is definitely up there with 12 for me, I love the story and the game play is pretty decent (not as good as 12).
    13 is okay, the combat system is quite fun but not really the best and the story is lacking.
    I think that 7 is far overrated by most people. To me, the story and combat are both bad/bland.
    10-2 is just an atrocious game, I had some fun playing it but the story is just terribad.
    Last edited by Glocken; 2012-03-30 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played all of them, this is only a list of the ones I have played.

10 > 6 > 4 > 7 > 12 > 13 > 3

Final Fantasy 3 is just very dated, and although I am a fan of old games, I'm not a fan of old RPGs.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    10 is by far my favorite of the Final Fantasy series, as well as my favorite game of all time. It was just phenomenal. The story was amazing, especially because it didn't end happily ever after. I still maintain that the X-2 100% ending didn't happen.

After 10, I rather liked 8. Very underrated game, especially after 7, which (imo, of course), I found pretty mediocre.
    I found 7 to be overrated. Not as good as people claim it is, even the story seemed rather weak to me. I usually leave out my favorite FF because it was the one i started playing (FF8) so I probably have a different standard than what most people who played the older FF games have.

I like 8, 9, 10. Recently played 1 and 3 and liked them, 2 seemed weird for me and I couldn't get into it. 4, 5 and 6 still haven't played. FF 12 did not meet my expectations and the game seemed to fail to achieve what the older games offered, I came close to beating the game before I gave up playing it so its not like I didn't experience much of it. FF 13 was the biggest disappointment for me. I haven't bothered buying 13-2.

I have yet to touch tactics, but I do have War of the Lions which I will play eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them all, 12 and 13 were low points for me though.

Tactics > 7 > 8, didn't really care for any others