Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I beat him on my first try as a barbarian, was pretty easy actually.
    Playing since 2007.

You'll get it, just keep trying.

Deleted
    Here is a video of my level 10 witch doctor against the skeleton king:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlB8oH4d81Y

Deleted
    WD has hardest time to kill SK but only if you try to tank him with your dogs, just dart the boss and kill the adds with bats and if you happen to have the dogs on your bar, summon them right after he does the whirl attack.
    A bit off topic but I would say that easiest class to kill skelly is Demon Hunter, I actually managed to kill him with untwinked DH at lvl 9 without taking any damage. Just vault right before he teleports on you and avoid adds.

I think i was level 9 when i got to him and i kind of raped him without much fear of dying, dogs were useless but i just kept away from him as much as possible and tossed 1000000 spiders at him and grasp of the dead the adds and he died without being too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    I think i was level 9 when i got to him and i kind of raped him without much fear of dying, dogs were useless but i just kept away from him as much as possible and tossed 1000000 spiders at him and grasp of the dead the adds and he died without being too much trouble.

Mechanic wise it seems you are not supposed to kill the adds. Just focus the king, he'll kill the adds by himself (which still drop globes) when he does his whirl. Just slow them once in a while. He'll take a while for any level 8, regardless of class though.

(I prefer killing them though, it's more fun. Melee classes have it easier aoeing them down in my experience)
    Last edited by Knuffelbert; 2012-04-13 at 12:26 AM.

Level up a little on other monsters and get back to him with more spells/runes at lvl 10. Should be much much easier. Also, kite him. He's very slow.

I just killed him a few minutes ago as witch doctor (first class i've played, seems fun so far).

It wasn't really that difficult to me, I just stayed away from him and shot him with darts, used bats to kill adds, and summoned zombie dogs as often as I could, since he basically 2-shot the entire group of em.

I did have the follower guy with me though so that may have made a difference, I was only level 8, and it was very easy, just took a whoooole lot of darts.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Just killed him with my lvl 7 mage, kite.... took about 20 minutes, soooo many adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leelloo View Post
    Just killed him with my lvl 7 mage, kite.... took about 20 minutes, soooo many adds.
    Really? Arcane orb twice downs the add packs, spam magic missile / Ice beam thing on the boss. Avoid obviously telegraphed mace swings. Downed him in about 4 minutes earlier today on my 7 Wizard.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    If someone is interested here is a kill of the Skeleton King on Hell difficulty with my WD:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLyBNORh2cg

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a very old thread from beta.