Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard on April Fools' Day.

What do you think would be great for Blizzard to use?
    Personally, I'd like to see them do something like this: ''Good news everyone! All Annual Pass buyers will be let into Beta today! Get ready for Beta testing''. Yeah..
    Imagine the anger, it'd be pretty damn fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i dont know but its going to take alot to beat molten core for consoles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Acvtg_iqQ) because that was just awesome but its most likely going to be great anyways as it has been that every year ive seen it imo

I honestly haven't the faintest idea. They seem to have gone away from any sort of halfway plausible jokes (though to be fair, the only one that ever really was anything resembling plausible was the wisps announcement) into more highly polished ideas with 'serious' videos and websites.

But then I definitely wouldn't be surprised if we were given a new set of fake patch notes. Seems to almost be a norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yea last years fake patch notes were brilliant

i wish something with beta and AP.. could be hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the tinfoil hat idea. I'd love the ability to hide the armories of my alts xD

Deleted
    Awww, I'd love the idea of tricking beta testers. Blizz trolling level: Over 9000!

Deleted
    Crabby's comeback. 2nd April was merely a setback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, " It has came to our knowledge of some major bugs in Diablo III and, therefore, pushing the release date 2 months."
    I'd /cry if that was for real.

A healing tree has been added for shaman.
    Best line of the previous evil patch notes

maybe they'll say warlocks are now tanking, and it is demo, were also adding a 4th spec for them because of that.

The content from the last April's Fools' day was actually A LOT better then everything they gave us since then

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time people forget that April Fools day is to Fool people.
    Nowadays they are just trying to make a funny joke like: Patch 4.1.11
    Nothing in that patch note is even ment to fool you, every line is just a weird and not even allways funny joke.

A good fool builds up, gets people realy exited, then blows up in their face while everyone goes: Ahhhh now I get it.. LOL,, that I actually fell for that!!

This year they prolly go mock their own expansion MoP. Saying the names has to change to Myst of KungFu Pandarians, and that the End boss will be Master Po Ping

Deleted
    They could say that Mists of Pandaria was a joke and present some screenshots from an unknown island and say South Seas is the trul true expansion then see people argue if they were actually joking about MoP or they were joking about South Seas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Every forum avatar will be of a pandaren
    Some rediculous beta patch changes that some will take seriously
    Crabby the Monk
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should announce that every humanoid monster in the game is now a neutral race that can be played.

Or possibly that every mob in the game can be captured and used in pet battles.

Yeah, those are good ones.

4th spec for every class

There is only ONE obvious avenue for them to go with the April 1st joke (IMO, at least)

Garrosh Hellscream's successor to lead the Horde shall be none other than the most player-requested character ever: Basic Campfire.

This will be complete with screenshots of the following:

Basic Campfire on the throne
    Daily quests involving the horde gathering tinder and wood to feed their new Warchief.
    An alliance raid on Orgrimmar that is completely engulfed in flames with Basic Campfire sitting in the middle, all by itself.

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 10:29 PM ----------

Actually, I was just reading the other thread where they talked about hoping that april 1st being announced that MoP was nothing but a gigantic hoax...

...on a serious note, that actually WOULD make a VERY funny April 1st gag by Blizz!

OK - hear me out. On April 1st, they announce that "due to feedback they're going to re-vamp the direction Mists of Pandaria"

Then they proceed to upload images of bloody undead Pandaren dual-wielding chainsaws, gigantic Mantid eating the Hozu alive... Stormwind ablaze with Garrosh in the middle cackling in villainous delight with Varian and Thrall's head on a pike he's weilding... Alliance and Horde navy ships transforming into gigantic battle robots duking it out with each other off the shores of Pandaria, huge flaming skulls burning Pandaren villages alive and eating cute animals... and lastly - a lone little panda child sitting in a back alley crying over a broken flower lying in a puddle of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    There is only ONE obvious avenue for them to go with the April 1st joke (IMO, at least)

Garrosh Hellscream's successor to lead the Horde shall be none other than the most player-requested character ever: Basic Campfire.

This will be complete with screenshots of the following:

Basic Campfire on the throne
    Daily quests involving the horde gathering tinder and wood to feed their new Warchief.
    An alliance raid on Orgrimmar that is completely engulfed in flames with Basic Campfire sitting in the middle, all by itself.

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 10:29 PM ----------

Actually, I was just reading the other thread where they talked about hoping that april 1st being announced that MoP was nothing but a gigantic hoax...

...on a serious note, that actually WOULD make a VERY funny April 1st gag by Blizz!

OK - hear me out. On April 1st, they announce that "due to feedback they're going to re-vamp the direction Mists of Pandaria"

Then they proceed to upload images of bloody undead Pandaren dual-wielding chainsaws, gigantic Mantid eating the Hozu alive... Stormwind ablaze with Garrosh in the middle cackling in villainous delight with Varian and Thrall's head on a pike he's weilding... Alliance and Horde navy ships transforming into gigantic battle robots duking it out with each other off the shores of Pandaria, huge flaming skulls burning Pandaren villages alive and eating cute animals... and lastly - a lone little panda child sitting in a back alley crying over a broken flower lying in a puddle of blood.
    Sad to say that would basically instantly cause me to buy the new expansion

Another joke I could see them doing is basically make something that would cause fans to balk even more, and essentially go the Diablo 3 route of trolling with people saying it was too light hearted.

Basically just have announcements for World of Warcraft: Friendship is Magic. (No offense to MLP fans of course)

Box art of Garrosh and Varian riding ponies in a flowery field on a sunny day with a giant rainbow in the background.

NO MORE RAIDS

NO MORE PVP

THE ALLIANCE AND HORDE NOW FIGHT WITH SONG AND DANCE

Et cetera, et cetera, just make it the most cheerful and sunny thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    oh yea last years fake patch notes were brilliant
    Yeah, those notes were GOLD. So good.

They're not going to do something that would intentionally enrage their playerbase, like "trolololo, everyone gets into Beta TODAY, not!"