Camel hoarder speculation and question.

So I've been thinking about going to hunt for dormus and get that mount and even gone out to do a few circles lately. The absolute lowest amount of people I've seen in Uldum at any one time was 9, and that was in the very early hours of the morning. Most that are out there are level 85, some are as low as level 80. The average number of people out there seems to be about 15.

When armory'ed the great majority of those 85s and 80s have mining or mining and herbalism. This can be expected because it is a decent place to mine (although I always do my mining in twilight highlands). My question is, considering how many are out there at all times of the night, how many on average would likely be bots, and are those bots capable of seeing, finding, clicking, etc. the mysterious camel figurines should they see them first.

Secondly, I'm curious for information that I can't seem to find regarding the camel figurines themselves, when clicked, I know that the fake figurine turns into a pile of dust which you click again to loot your 25g vendor item. I'd like to know how long the corpse of the figurine lasts though for other players to fly over and detect even though it's been used.

Lastly, when someone runs across the real camel figurine for the teleport and clicks it, does it leave a similar corpse as the fake one, and how long does it last?

For people who don't want to read the whole thing, the questions are below:

1. Are mining/herb bots programmed or programmable to find and click mysterious camel figurines?

2. How long does the corpse of a fake figurine last after being clicked?

3. Does the real figurine leave a corpse, and how long does it last after being clicked?
    Last edited by Aethilus; 2012-03-31 at 09:20 PM.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik, it doesn't leave any sort of corpse, for either fake or real. I never saw a corpse when found them (both versions)
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Videos I've seen show people clicking the fake one and it turning into a pile of dust, and then clicking that pile of dust to loot the 25g, 2 clicks total. Videos I've seen of people finding the real one have 1 click followed by the tornado teleport thing.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible bots can be set up to do this? Most definitely. For most, it's as simple as clicking a check box to loot non-profession, lootable items (like chests, and the camels). Is it likely? I doubt it. I botted Ulduar for the entirety of Cata, and I never even KNEW about those until this post lol. Most people who bot for herbs/ore are doing just that, and trying to do it as efficiently as possible. Spending time looting chests, camels figurines, whatever, will seriously cut into their nodes per hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Videos I've seen show people clicking the fake one and it turning into a pile of dust, and then clicking that pile of dust to loot the 25g, 2 clicks total. Videos I've seen of people finding the real one have 1 click followed by the tornado teleport thing.
    Yes, but after you loot it, it just fades away.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    For people who don't want to read the whole thing, the questions are below:

1. Are mining/herb bots programmed or programmable to find and click mysterious camel figurines?

2. How long does the corpse of a fake figurine last after being clicked?

3. Does the real figurine leave a corpse, and how long does it last after being clicked?
    1. Some can if they use a certain plugin for the bot.

2. Disappears after collecting the dust from what most people are reporting.

3. No.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Is it possible bots can be set up to do this? Most definitely. For most, it's as simple as clicking a check box to loot non-profession, lootable items (like chests, and the camels). Is it likely? I doubt it. I botted Ulduar for the entirety of Cata, and I never even KNEW about those until this post lol. Most people who bot for herbs/ore are doing just that, and trying to do it as efficiently as possible. Spending time looting chests, camels figurines, whatever, will seriously cut into their nodes per hour.
    You botted? Why?

Deleted
    I was hunting this rare title and mount for quite a time some months ago, so I know much about it at this point! (

1. No, they are not. I've never seen any bot in Uldum land and click a figurine, they just look for herbs/nodes.
    2. The pale of dust disappears after a few seconds/almost a minute.
    3. Nope.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got my camel a few months ago, heres what I learned. From what I saw the bots never touched the figurines, saw a few fly by me when NPCscan went off and they never stopped. The Figurines seem to spawn around every 12 hours, and if deathwing burns uldum they can and will 'die' in his fire. Fake figurines break and disappear when the dust spawns, from what I found and saw the real figurine disappears right after being used. Took me 2 months and 30 fakes before the real one hit, I had actually given up on hunting for it and randomly went through uldum one day after work and caught it. Good luck!
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

Quote Originally Posted by Aveill View Post
    1. No, they are not. I've never seen any bot in Uldum land and click a figurine, they just look for herbs/nodes.
    Jut because the majority do not take advantage of it, doesn't mean it isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn View Post
    Jut because the majority do not take advantage of it, doesn't mean it isn't possible.
    I didn't say anything about possibility, but why would a herb/mining bot even look for the figurine? Of course it is possible, but I doubt anyone would do that.

As i am busy on my 45th figurine with no mount yet and been hunting since release on a high pop server.

Once you click use the figurine. There wnt be a 'corpse' that will set you npcscan off.
    I tested it by looting and deleting cache.
    Its a first come, first serve basis. If you dnt find it before some1 clicked on it. You will be oblivious

Basic Bots arent programmed for Figurines.
    Bt as mentioned, there could be a plugin for it

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't found any figurines yet.. Real or fake

And I even have a map infront of me, showing the route to fly, and _NPCSCAN installed