Thumbs up Instant Adventure

So I hit 45 last night and went to town and got my stuff squared away. Then joined the IA which I kept hearing about. The first place I was teleported to had joint Guardian & Defiant killings things and well, like an old raider told me once "Tab targeting is of the devil". I didn't realize I had targeted a flagged Defiant and hit my attack button before I could realize it. Yup, you guessed it..... Some other level 50 wiped his but with my head pretty quickly.

The XP just fly's by and within an hour I dinged 46. I still have my XP pot and am gonna use it when I have a straight 2 hours to play. But "My God" people weren't kidding when they said the levels 45~50 will fly by compared to the last 5.

Anyways, hat's off to Rift for the IA and it is nice to be able to jump in to an instant "I want to kill shit" group.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Quote Originally Posted by Tonystark View Post
    So I hit 45 last night and went to town and got my stuff squared away. Then joined the IA which I kept hearing about. The first place I was teleported to had joint Guardian & Defiant killings things and well, like an old raider told me once "Tab targeting is of the devil". I didn't realize I had targeted a flagged Defiant and hit my attack button before I could realize it. Yup, you guessed it..... Some other level 50 wiped his but with my head pretty quickly.

The XP just fly's by and within an hour I dinged 46. I still have my XP pot and am gonna use it when I have a straight 2 hours to play. But "My God" people weren't kidding when they said the levels 45~50 will fly by compared to the last 5.

Anyways, hat's off to Rift for the IA and it is nice to be able to jump in to an instant "I want to kill shit" group.
    Haha yeah I have to remember to turn off the auto-flagging option whenever there is a big invasion or I do instant adventures, though sometimes it works in my favour

IA's are great for fast XP and ton's of planarite and currency. I'm probably going to do a couple hours tonight before the glass beads vanish as I want to exchange some more for gear for my alts that are still levelling. Cannot wait for the Ember Isle IAs. The cool thing is that they keep adding more objectives, and the objectives get progressively more creative and fun. Definitely think that in a year it will be one of the most fun things to do in an MMO.

I haven't done many IAs at all. I don't particularly like facerolling easy mobs for extended periods of time, hence my dissatisfaction with Hammerknell....

Apparently they're incredibly popular and in my experience they're a fantastic source of Planarite, earned 5k in 40mins the other day when I was bored, and for lower gear levels I'm sure they're a moderate challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I haven't done many IAs at all. I don't particularly like facerolling easy mobs for extended periods of time, hence my dissatisfaction with Hammerknell....
    On the one hand I don't mind charging about feeling like an unstoppable force tearing down wave after wave of enemies. I really enjoy the wardstone defence IA objectives, I wish they were longer/beefier. There definitely needs to be more scaling based on gear I feel.

On the other hand I love challenging trash and bosses. Heroic Shadow Labrynth in TBC was really tough when you first started out, took me a good few runs til I saw the last boss in there. That's how I wish Master Modes were, lot's of CCing, cleaving and healing trash that requires good CC/tactics/skill to overcome. As it is they are tougher than Experts, but not so much that they don't still feel too easy.

I'm really excited to try these but my cleric is only at 18...

At what lvl do i start having access to them?

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    I'm really excited to try these but my cleric is only at 18...

At what lvl do i start having access to them?
    Level 45 right now but I have heard that they are bringing it to lower levels.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

15+ Year Old Account
    just the other night i was in a IA group farming PA, and we ran right into a guardian side IA group, needless to say, it was a big battle. luckly defiant came out on top

Quote Originally Posted by Tonystark View Post
    Level 45 right now but I have heard that they are bringing it to lower levels.
    I really hope they do this. I'm leveling my rogue right now and while it's fun enough, normal leveling (especially in mostly empty zones) really isn't one of Rifts strong points. Can't wait to hit 45 (20 levels away -_-) so I can jump in IA and get ALL THE EXP!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fun I only played beta, was fun, but not so much that I would pay for it.

They seriously really really really need to add in IAs for Droughtlands, Moonshade, Iron Pine, and Scarwood. Once you hit 30, the questing/leveling experience really grinds to a halt in the enjoyment factor. 1-30 isn't too bad, with 25-30 starting to suck out the enjoyment. But 30+ is when it kinda gets to the point where I just want to give up and start over on another character or just play my mage. 35 was when I gave up last summer, and my warrior has reached 34 and I am starting to not really enjoy it.