Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pandaria is Beautiful: Envy (MoP Beta video)

This is the first in a, hopefully, good short series of videos from the MoP beta.

The idea for the series came after stopping to realize how truly awesome the game looks and how far it's come over the past 7 years. As new zones are released I'll be going through and making videos for them too. Expect one video for each zone. I figured with so many people in Beta streaming and leveling, I could give everyone a video that didn't have anyone talking or complaining. That's what this whole series will be about so stayed tune for more.

If people enjoy these then I'll certainly consider making more.
    Last edited by Clawtrocity; 2012-03-31 at 01:33 PM.

the jade forest is amazing, i really can't wait for the other zones to open up

so far from the screen shots, it seems like krasarang wilds will be my favorite MoP zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard always seems to raise the bar graphically every expansion - might be technically dated, but its stylish enough that you don't care.

I'm looking forwards to exploring the Kunlai Summit and the Townlong Steppes/Dread Wastes. We haven't seen much of those yet!

It's too green, why isn't there more red! *I will now stop pretending to be a hater. *

I can't wait to explore. *It looks great.

10+ Year Old Account
    is that music the actual zone music

Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxxxis View Post
    It's too green, why isn't there more red! *I will now stop pretending to be a hater. *

I can't wait to explore. *It looks great.
    You could say it's green with...envy...

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    is that music the actual zone music
    Nope, it's actually a guy who composes things for a living: www.incompetech.com

Whole library of neat songs.

Wink

Not to poo-poo on your videos, I think they're a great idea and everything. But you may want to ease up on the filters a bit. The video is too dark (IMO) and the colors are washed out and doesn't really portray some of the vibrant locales I've seen in the Beta.

Good idea though, props. Don't take my critique as harsh judgement as it wasn't meant as such.

Hope to see more!

Looks cool, but next time, take it easy on the after effects. If you want to show how good the scenery is, using effects just seems to yell "it's not that pretty".

Quote Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
    Not to poo-poo on your videos, I think they're a great idea and everything. But you may want to ease up on the filters a bit. The video is too dark (IMO) and the colors are washed out and doesn't really portray some of the vibrant locales I've seen in the Beta.

Good idea though, props. Don't take my critique as harsh judgement as it wasn't meant as such.

Hope to see more!
    You learn from doing. I wanted to give it some filtering because it looked a little dark in some areas so I applied a few in AE, but when I put it on youtube I added one of their filters because it seemed to look way better. From now on I'll either use one or the other instead of doubling up. I take no critique harshly because learning is learning whether it be from your experiences or your mistakes.

Nice, solid, and tight. Keep up the progress and show us them videos, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalier View Post
    Nice, solid, and tight. Keep up the progress and show us them videos, son.
    I'm going to try out some actual cinematography for the next video. I just watched like 20 videos on some neat depth of field effects. The next zone I do will be the complete package. I figured the last video of the series will be the entire continent of Pandaria, but with a twist because I'll be able to fly. I already can see dozens are cool areas that I can't reach because I can't fly yet. I'll always post them the videos here on the MoP:General Discussion if you want to keep an eye out for them. Series is called "Pandaria is Beautiful" and it'll always have a clever title if I'm clever enough to come up with one.

Very very cool, good camera angles music and everything, my only gripe is probably 720, I guess you can't get it in 1080?: ( but aside from that awesomely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Theratzil View Post
    Very very cool, good camera angles music and everything, my only gripe is probably 720, I guess you can't get it in 1080?: ( but aside from that awesomely done!
    Uploading a 1080 version with fixed filtering and a few camera fixes too! It's taking a lot longer, but because I'm not re-rendering it a bunch of times I think it looks much better.

Deleted
    mfw

please more if they add new zones ^__^

A green lizard-like monster?
    Might be a far fetch, but it could be a reference to Full Metal Alchemist (this because it's Envy, who is portrayed as a green lizard creature).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Very nice

Deleted
    Nicely done video and beautiful music with it as well. I enjoyed watching it.

The only thing that threw me off just a little were the zoomed in scenes, the scenes you zoomed in on in the video editing program. It makes the scenes look very pixelated compared to the unaltered shots. Other than that, looking forward to more.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i saw it i want to run around and just explore it all !

Deleted
    Really nice, just not a fan of the music (sorry) I personally would have put some of the zone music in (if thats even in the beta :P) the music to me didnt fit the images AT ALL, again just my opinion. Other then that great vid, keep em coming