Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    God I would love it if Garrosh did the Corpsegrinder rant when you engage him as the endboss in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlika View Post
    So you play Horde, and have no idea what it's like to play Alliance, but you're totally sure everything they say is invalid.

Removing Garosh is all I've read about. Can you provide a source that we actually get to kill him?
    How do you know the OP doesn't play alliance at all. Several of us these days have several alts on both factions.

OT: The only thing that really disappoints me is the lack of imagination on Blizzards part. I thought they would do something more with Garosh but they just decided to simple get rid of the rash, irrational guy everyone seems to hate anyways. I don't like Garosh either but I did think Blizz would do something more with his story. Now days though, it's either that or someone good turning bad like Deathwing, or Ilidan, or Arthas, or Sylvanas, or Benedictus, or now Jaina apparently. The formula is getting old and unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    Opinion is not fact.

In my opinion, WotLK was an Alliance predominant story; Cataclysm was a Horde predominant story. What I can, however, tell you with some degree of certainty is that, for the in game assets to have been created in time to be anywhere near ready, the MoP story would have needed to be set in stone no later than the retail release of Cataclysm. That, in turn, tells us that the decisions about what direction the plot would take were made before the "insipid complaining" you're determining as the sole cause.

The Q.Qing of a small, vocal minority is not representative of the Alliance playerbase. To my mind, it seems as though this thread is designed to stir up a flame war and nothing more; poor form indeed.
    You are absolutely correct.

As Horde I am glad he is being killed off. I always disliked him
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla it was neutral, both factions were focused on equally. One could potentially even say a slight bit Alliance driven at best because of the Alliance and their relationship to Onyxia and the dark iron dwarfs (though the Horde had ZG somewhat). Seemed balanced in my opinion.

Burning Crusade was almost horde driven because a lot more happened for the Horde, we discovered the birthland of Thrall and his people while also finding Saurfang's son and Garrosh (Grom's son). The blood elves managed to changed their source of power and Kael'thas was a boss twice, Sunwell lore mostly helped the blood elves.

Wrath of the Lich King as others said could mostly look like an Alliance themed expansion. Although we all fought the same enemies the Lich King meant more to the Alliance than the Horde (Jaina, Muradin, Uther, Bolvar) while for the Horde it was (Saurfang, Sylvanas). We saw the Alliance become more unified under Varian as well and I still see Tirion as a bit more Alliance, though he was neutral he is a human and was originally Alliance (at some point he was an Alliance only quest giver in Howling Fjord though he was removed).

Cataclysm had a alliance vs. horde thing and saw many of the Alliance's heroes return (Cenarius, Malfuion, Malrone, Lo'gosh) but it really did focus on Thrall. Thrall being torn apart then brought back together but stronger and us assisting in obtaining the Dragon Soul for him and him delivering the final blow against the strongest foe we have fought up to date.

Of this is trying to look at each expansion and see who got more attention or who it meant more to and this is all strictly my opinion. MoP should potentially be even if not show a tad more love to the Alliance in the end. Horde should go through some rough changes due to Garrosh and ultimately lose him ending the rivalry between Garrosh and Varian as well as killing a corrupted warchief. Expansion after that would be perfect to rebuild on the Horde and their relationship between one another, the thing Garrosh has basically destroyed this expansion (can once again show a bit more love to Horde but hopefully make it equal).

EDIT

Though I love Garrosh's attitude and his war hungry attitude since it prompts more Alliance vs. Horde action lore wise you can only do that for so long. Let's not forget about Queen Azshara, the remaining Old Gods as well as Kil'jaeden (defeated =/= dead) and eventually Sargeras In the grand scheme of things the Alliance vs. Horde battle is pretty petty considering their are forces that can annihilate and consume our world.
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2012-04-03 at 02:09 PM.

Really? As an Alliance player I couldn't care less whether Garrosh dies or not, I just hope the story is up to par. I don't even mind if the Alliance are underdogs, winning or losing isn't really all that important to me as long as the story is well written and engaging. The major complaint I have regarding Cataclysm is the sub standard Allliance storylines that I have to play a Horde alt to see the conclusion of. The fact that most of the Alliance leaders major plot and character developments happen off screen in the Warcraft novels annoys the hell out of me. I do read the novels, but the fact is there is no indication in game of three quarters of the stuff that happen in the books.

There was an article regarding Varian Wrynn on WoW Insider this last week or so (a know your lore type article) that illustrates my point pretty well. The article charts the ups and downs of Varian Wrynn's reign, sadly the vast majority of the lore is nowhere to be seen in game. The war on the nightmare... never mentioned, The infiltration of Ironforge... never mentioned. Add to that the ridiculousness of Tyrande and Malfurion, Tyrande seems to defer to Malfurion at every turn yet he's quite happy to let the Horde bash her brains in, and it's not hard to see why Alliance players are a bit annoyed.

Also, do we actually know if Garrosh dies yet? I know we have to depose him as Warchief for Thrall (I'm so sick of Thrall) to take back control, but have they confirmed his death? I'll be interested to see how the story plays out. I'm not sure how deposing Garrosh and putting Thrall back on the throne can be seen as placating the Alliance, it seems a bit odd we'd infiltrate Orgrimmar, get shot of Garrosh and then wander off home once Thrall is back in charge, but I'm hopeful the story will explain why we aren't razing Orgrimmar to the ground (Note: I wouldn't want to raze Orgrimmar, but I'm not sure how they'll sort it so the Alliance don't end up looking like pansies again).
    Last edited by cetarari; 2012-04-03 at 02:08 PM. Reason: missed off a couple of words, typing fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    There, thats the fact of the matter. For the last several years alliance players have been whining about how they feel left out or how the horde has beaten them at everything and it made them feel underappreciated.
    AV saids hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    AV saids hi.
    I think he means in terms of lore and not positioning in a battleground

... I'm just making it clear all this was down to insipid complaining ...
    I think the entire post was just so he could use the word insipid.

Deleted
    I do so love this popular preconception that the Alliance are crying about what each faction does/wins/accomplishes.

Honestly, I don't give a shit, I want to kill Garrosh because he is a terrible leader and should not be Warchief. Hell we'll most likely be going into Orgrimmar on Thrall's orders rather than King Chynn's.

I used to care about the story, but not whether each side got the same amount of attention, rather that the events that happened in the lore contributed to a GOOD story.

Now they're making an expansion based on an Easter egg in Warcraft III and I've lost a lot of faith in my beloved Warcraft tale.

At least we get to kill a Hellscream, let's just hope he's as badass as his father before he says goodnight.

I just play Alliance because I like Night Elves and Stormwind.
    Last edited by mmoc9f29e6783f; 2012-04-03 at 02:19 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There, thats the fact of the matter.
    stopped right there.... There are no facts in this post only opinions.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I think he means in terms of lore and not positioning in a battleground
    Pretty much, because thats what all this has come down to from the constant whining from the alliance in the last few years, those of them saying 'ooh blizzard loves horde more!', despite the alliance had more then horde in vanilla.
    Its the constant whining because they assume blizzard likes the other side more, yet can't seem to reflect on the story over its timeline or give respect enough to what they have done and are planning to do.

Its like so many players these days assume they know better how to create the story then the actual creators.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as i know, it isnt confirmed that he dies, so.... yeah, I get the feeling we will kill the evil Sha inside of him.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, because thats what all this has come down to from the constant whining from the alliance in the last few years, those of them saying 'ooh blizzard loves horde more!', despite the alliance had more then horde in vanilla.
    Its the constant whining because they assume blizzard likes the other side more, yet can't seem to reflect on the story over its timeline or give respect enough to what they have done and are planning to do.

Its like so many players these days assume they know better how to create the story then the actual creators.

And here you are complaining about the story.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted

TBF Blizzard does love the Horde more, and why not? They're freaking awesome, I just don't understand why any player feels the need to complain about it when it doesn't really affect gameplay or balance, it's just story.

For example, would A Song of Ice And Fire be anywhere near as awesome if the likes of Ned Stark survived and the armies of the north triumphed over the incestuous, scheming Lannisters? No, there has to be hardship or the characters never get a chance to grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    As far as i know, it isnt confirmed that he dies, so.... yeah, I get the feeling we will kill the evil Sha inside of him.
    no, he won't, because in a recent interview from the hosts of wow insider, michael sacco and pals talked to metzen and found from him, that Garrosh's 'corruption' is not some sha/old god/demon blood possessed corruption, it will just be him and his want for conquest and power.

Have a listen, its around 23:00 point I believe.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/th...with-giant-fa/
    #boycottchina

Sometimes I just get the expression that the Horde side is much more fanatic about their faction.

But, in Cataclysm, some of the REALLY awesome stories was on the Horde side of the quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd still say it's in beta tbh, building up a char for 3 expansions then killing him off would be a pretty bad idea on blizzard's part, but as well, the stonetalon and twilight highlands quests seem to point towards garrosh gaining more honor and wisdom

I dunno, I play alliance and want garrosh alive, but I just don't think they'll kill him off.

Disagree. Varian is getting his story line to please the alliance. Garrosh is being dealt with cause everyone hates him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgarroth View Post
    TBF Blizzard does love the Horde more, and why not? They're freaking awesome, I just don't understand why any player feels the need to complain about it when it doesn't really affect gameplay or balance, it's just story.

For example, would A Song of Ice And Fire be anywhere near as awesome if the likes of Ned Stark survived and the armies of the north triumphed over the incestuous, scheming Lannisters? No, there has to be hardship or the characters never get a chance to grow.
    Sandcastles. People build sandcastles, then see the kid on the other side building a better one, and hate them for it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    I'd still say it's in beta tbh, building up a char for 3 expansions then killing him off would be a pretty bad idea on blizzard's part, but as well, the stonetalon and twilight highlands quests seem to point towards garrosh gaining more honor and wisdom

I dunno, I play alliance and want garrosh alive, but I just don't think they'll kill him off.
    Think he will be super centered around, so we see why he went to the dark side of the warcraft.