Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh is dying to keep alliance happy.

There, thats the fact of the matter. For the last several years alliance players have been whining about how they feel left out or how the horde has beaten them at everything and it made them feel underappreciated.

So to give alliance players something they decided 'hey, you get to kill the hordes current warchief'.

It really breaks down to being that simple, despite people trying to overcomp for reasons why, because alliance have been whining to endlessly about it, the blizzard devs decided what better means to make alliance happy then to fight and win against the current horde.

Now as a horde player, I'm glad Garrosh is going, he needs to go, he's made the horde into a sick parody of what he once use to be. However, this the thing I find baffling in this whole debate.

Alliance players have been whining for a while now about feeling like the underdogs (which the horde use to be before), and yet there has been no cases of the horde absolutely beating the alliance in the last ten years of the games story. There has been turf wars, there has been throwing of things back and forth, yet there has not been any absolute victories, all blizzard did in cata was balance the zones to give a balance percentage to the horde where the alliance had more before them.

So, what this breaks down to is the reason Garrosh is going to die at the ends of mists is to keep alliance players happy. I say this not because I'm unhappy about Garrosh dying, he needs to, I'm just making it clear all this was down to insipid complaining from the alliance players for not feeling like they are the main focus. That they need to score an absolute victory against the horde to make them feel like they are winners.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Some alliance and some horde players have been whining about faction imbalance lore-wise. Whiners will always whine and in this case it is a very small group compared to other topics. It would not make sense for Blizzard to adjust their storyline to that. This is just something they have been building up to because they think it is a good and fun story to play.

i kind of get the idea from your post that you just hate alliance and this is more about your alliance hatred than anything rational.

Opinion is not fact.

In my opinion, WotLK was an Alliance predominant story; Cataclysm was a Horde predominant story. What I can, however, tell you with some degree of certainty is that, for the in game assets to have been created in time to be anywhere near ready, the MoP story would have needed to be set in stone no later than the retail release of Cataclysm. That, in turn, tells us that the decisions about what direction the plot would take were made before the "insipid complaining" you're determining as the sole cause.

The Q.Qing of a small, vocal minority is not representative of the Alliance playerbase. To my mind, it seems as though this thread is designed to stir up a flame war and nothing more; poor form indeed.

Opinion is opinion and yours stinks of bias.

Deleted
    Garrosh dying makes me happy.

I'm Horde.

Blizz OBVIOUSLY chose Bolvar as the new LK to please Alliance players. Totally didn't have anything to do with the lore, it was all for baby alliance whiners!1!

Do you know the lore behind Garrosh dying? No? Then this is nothing more than speculation/opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Horde is so cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am an alliance player, but not an alliance fanboy, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

We had Wotlk, which looked like a allianced themed expansion, with this faction fighting the ghost of its past, with the horde somewhere around that. In Cataclysm we saw the ascencion of Thrall "Green Jesus" Metzen. In MoP the focus will be faction pride (?) as half the expansion has alliance vs horde as theme, more than ever.

There's two big groups of players in this game. As much unbalanced as it may seem at one given time, "goodies" must be given to both factions, or Blizzard is risking a big frown from half their playerbase.

As you said, Garrosh had to go, and in my opinion, there was 2 ways of doing so: Making it a civil war, and have the horde pit brother agains brother, while the alliance sits and watches while sipping from a nice cup of wine; or have him become a common enemy, where, once again, both factions need to form a very unconfortable team to vanquish the enemy. They chose the 2nd option, and as i see it, it isnt an Alliance victory, rather a horde member that went batshit crazy and needed a spanking, and both factions presented said spank. The fact it will be held in Orgrimmar just happens to be situational i think....

Then again if ithings the other way around, id hate to see orcs walking around Stormwind like on a summer stroll...

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Blizz OBVIOUSLY chose Bolvar as the new LK to please Alliance players. Totally didn't have anything to do with the lore, it was all for baby alliance whiners!1!

Do you know the lore behind Garrosh dying? No? Then this is nothing more than speculation/opinion.
    Not wanting to sound biased, who else could be chosen for the place? Saurfang? I don't think so honestly... Bolvar was already a shell of his former self, being tortured half to death, only saved by the Dragon Queen's breath.

So you play Horde, and have no idea what it's like to play Alliance, but you're totally sure everything they say is invalid.

Removing Garosh is all I've read about. Can you provide a source that we actually get to kill him?

People keep talking about how Wotlk and Bolvar being lich king was all for the alliance whiners. The argent dawn and the argent crusade are NEUTRAL. They are neither horde nor alliance. They follow the light and no other.

P.S I'm horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I don't really think so. That's not a fact, it's an opinion, one with which I'll disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Not wanting to sound biased, who else could be chosen for the place? Saurfang? I don't think so honestly... Bolvar was already a shell of his former self, being tortured half to death, only saved by the Dragon Queen's breath.
    *whoosh*, right over your head.

I was making an example of the OP's thought process; ignoring lore and claiming that things happen to please Alliance players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

OP, at the press release it was said that the alliance and horde launch a siege on Orgrimmar. This means we are teaming up because he has betrayed the both of us and is an enemy to both factions. He will at that point, no longer be a leader of any factions. I don't see how this is catering to any faction if we are both killing him for the greater good. It's like saying Wrath of the Lich King was catering to horde because Arthas used to be the Prince of Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Opinion is opinion and yours stinks of bias.
    Not what I smelt!

Seriously though, OP, as an alliance player since Orcs vs Humans, your point is thoroughly invalid. This is *JUST* the continuation of the story. Get over yourself.

Deleted
    The thing I don't understand is that during Cata, there was a lot of complaints about the story/lore highlighting horde (especially Thrall ofc). This was topped with that concert-stuff at Blizzcon (f*ck the alliance or whatever it was he shouted).
    Anyway, the complaints was "too much focus on horde being cool - alliance was left out of the main story, cause Thrall IS a horde-char). That's why I find it hard to understand what's going on in MoP - Sack Theramore "in between" Cata and MoP - then let the final "boss" be a Siege of Orgrimmar. How is that not a continuation of putting horde in focus?

PS: I'm a horde-player, and not complaining. I just find it wierd that horde seems to be more in focus in MoP after the whine about just that in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    *whoosh*, right over your head.

I was making an example of the OP's thought process; ignoring lore and claiming that things happen to please Alliance players.
    Oh sorry, didnt saw it as that when i first read it... then again im sure someone will come along sooner or later and claim every major important lore character is Alliance......

Oh, it's tinfoil time again!

I always had the feeling Garrosh was a character they set up to eventually take him down all along, from the very beginning.

My question is: we keep killing off horde leaders, why not some alliance? the number of alliance leaders who turned/killed is small compared to horde. This will make two horde cities invaded now - ogrimmar and undercity.

Oh how the alliance would whine if we killed off malfurion or tyrande. I'd be willing to settle for some dwarves and gnomes.

As for what corrupts garrosh - i am rooting for the return of some demons. I've had enough with the old gods from cataclysm
    Last edited by DraconusIX; 2012-04-03 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    There, thats the fact of the matter.
    This is where I stopped reading. Please do not post your opinions as facts, they get us no where. I'm a horde player, and I've wanted to see him die since cata release. I can only hope Vol'jin really does come out of the shadows and shoot him in the heart. (see vol'jin vs garrosh on youtube)

Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    Oh how the alliance would whine if we killed off malfurion or tyrande. I'd be willing to settle for some dwarves and gnomes.
    Well yeh...would just mean we'd have to actually kill Garrosh in retaliation