Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There isn't really that much information going about (IIRC closed beta hasn't started yet, so all info would be covered under NDA) There is a Dust514 website, where all the information revealed at fanfest and E3 is available. You can also sign up for the Beta still.

If it exists, it's probably located somewhere in http://www.reddit.com/r/dust514/

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys make me terrified to go even to 0.6 and lower with my cruisers... Am I just being paranoid, or should I worry about people killing my Caracal or Osprey for fun when I'm out missioning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    You guys make me terrified to go even to 0.6 and lower with my cruisers... Am I just being paranoid, or should I worry about people killing my Caracal or Osprey for fun when I'm out missioning?
    You should be fine in .5 or above, unless you're flying something valuable worth ganking. T1 cruisers would probably not be worth it unless you had a bling fitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    You should be fine in .5 or above, unless you're flying something valuable worth ganking. T1 cruisers would probably not be worth it unless you had a bling fitting.
    Lol, don't need to worry about that then.

Anyone know a good place to do some high-sec jet canning (trying to get my resources up so I can move to low-sec and be able to fend off pirates while mining)? Everywhere I try I end up with some dick can-flipping and then booking it before I can get back in a combat ship.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted
    Lol, don't need to worry about that then.

Anyone know a good place to do some high-sec jet canning (trying to get my resources up so I can move to low-sec and be able to fend off pirates while mining)? Everywhere I try I end up with some dick can-flipping and then booking it before I can get back in a combat ship.
    Well jet container mining is only really viable in a remote and secluded area. I could give you an excellent system which I used myself in the past, but you will have to go through lowsec to get to it anyway so I wouldn't recommend it.

What I DO recommend, is that you expand your ship's cargohold as much as you can, and simply fly back to the station when you're full. Much less to worry about, and a lot more manageable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Well jet container mining is only really viable in a remote and secluded area. I could give you an excellent system which I used myself in the past, but you will have to go through lowsec to get to it anyway so I wouldn't recommend it.

What I DO recommend, is that you expand your ship's cargohold as much as you can, and simply fly back to the station when you're full. Much less to worry about, and a lot more manageable.
    Ya, that's what I've been doing with my Osprey. I guess I'll just stick it out till I can fit something capable of going to low-sec. Or maybe just get my friend to start playing and mine with me.

I just started (10 days ago) and I have been jetcan mining in 0.8 space with great success. Pyroxeres sells for a lot more then veldspar and scordite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I just started (10 days ago) and I have been jetcan mining in 0.8 space with great success. Pyroxeres sells for a lot more then veldspar and scordite.
    Doesn't it take up triple the space though? Veldspar is .1m3 and Pyroxeres is .3m3 IIRC

I miss the economy and free form style of game that EVE is. I just wish the gameplay was more exciting, and that newer players weren't put at such a huge disadvantage to older ones. I've probably played 5-6 months in total, but I can never seem to play more than 1 month at a time due to gameplay getting stale quick.

Doesn't it take up triple the space though? Veldspar is .1m3 and Pyroxeres is .3m3 IIRC
    Yeah it is but Veldspar is usually 16 isk and Pyro 52 isk so its more then 3x as much. Im also alone farming Pyro while everyone is farming veldspar

10+ Year Old Account
    *mines Plagioclase*

Edit: That being said, with the impending doom of gunmining, I've had my marauder out running missions left, right and centre stockpiling minerals for the incoming pricehike.

I shall miss the Morphite spewing Drones.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-04-14 at 04:31 AM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to get back into EVE if I could afford it.

10+ Year Old Account
    New UK pricing is out soon, huzzah for cheaper rates allowing me to get friends interested \o/

Ya, that's what I've been doing with my Osprey. I guess I'll just stick it out till I can fit something capable of going to low-sec. Or maybe just get my friend to start playing and mine with me.
    Do NOT, and i repeat NOT mine in lowsec. Risk VS reward is not worth it.

Here is a ore hierarchy sell wise updated daily via market prices

http://ore.cerlestes.de/index.html#sitere

Pyro is the best highsec ore you can mine .

Deleted
    Finally a Status Effects bar on UI

This has annoyed me greatly over the last ... years. Unfortunately, I usually fly a tackler (when I'm not an carebear miner), so it might actually work against me

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh good, I've been waiting for that...

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 Karkur.

The UI team the last 6 months have been constantly churning out shit tons of gorgeous new features. Arrow, Karkur and Punkturis are just effing brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the cheapest way for a newbie to get into low/null-sec pvp? Just fitting a rifter and speed tanking? Or are gangs too prevalent to get anything done?

Deleted
    Downloaded the trial and tried to do the scanning tutorial. Oh my god. Everything in this game seems so needlessly complicated. There are YouTube tutorials for the tutorials I want to like this because I'm a massive scifi nerd, I just hope it gets better. I'd initially been attracted to the idea of becoming an explorer and scanning the universe for rare things with a cloaked ship but if I have to go through such a tedious process to scan things I might try something else. The game is beautiful, it has to be said.