Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So apparently some guy has just lost an ultra rare ship in combat, worth $8k allegedly

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/eve...-8k-in-combat/

Quote Originally Posted by Dammagia View Post
    So apparently some guy has just lost an ultra rare ship in combat, worth $8k allegedly

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/eve...-8k-in-combat/
    It was the most expensive ship in game. Faction Supercarrier. 310 billion for just the ship hull. The sad thing is the shit fit he had on the ship.

I laughed so hard when I listened to the Grath rage about that. I also love how chill everyone else was about losing 10 supers, like they wanted to go out and do it again.

It's funny how people pay hundreds of billions of ISK on a less than powerful super carrier when there are better ones out there for 10 bill. Then again, people just gotta have the ship thats stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It's funny how people pay hundreds of billions of ISK on a less than powerful super carrier when there are better ones out there for 10 bill. Then again, people just gotta have the ship thats stands out.
    Supers dont cost 10 bill. And with DCU's the rev outdps's the nyx for a little over half the amount of FB's.

Really interesting article about the use of streams as an intel tool http://www.whitetalon.com/?p=366

I was thinking a bit more about this, and could you imagine if this actually became commonly prevalent throughout low/null? Twitch becoming a tool for intel seems like a brilliant and crazy idea, and it's fun to think about how this would affect the game on a broader scale. Think about if all the important low/high gates had a gate cam, and what that would mean for things like freighter ganks. Then think about how you'd have all these different streams on twitch that people would be looking at for strategic reasons, and not because they had any entertainment value. Something about the whole thing just blows my mind.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2013-07-14 at 01:47 AM.

Alliance Tournament XI is going on atm, bringing lots of great deals for new players thinking about trying the game.
    30 day trial: https://secure.eveonline.com/ATXITrial/
    75% discount AND a really good starter kit for new subscribers: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...bounty-hunter/

For any of you interested in EVE politics, yesterday night saw the largest battle in the history of online video gaming.

Just under two months ago, the Clusterfuck Coalition (CFC - the game's largest power bloc) invaded the Fountain region (home of erstwhile allies TEST Alliance Please Ignore), with the intention to burn TEST from their space and take control of the extremely valuable R64 moons seeded there in the Odyssey patch.

Two other major EVE conglomerates, the N3. Coalition and Pandemic Legion, threw their lot in with TEST and fought the CFC to a standstill for a period of weeks. However, slowly but surely, systems started to fall to the CFC offensive and internal fractures and stresses began to take their strain on the beleaguered defenders. Northern Coalition., one of the N3's primary members, was forced to redeploy it's supercapital assets to New Eden's east in order to stave off attacks from the increasingly resurgent SOLAR Fleet, a predominantly Russian alliance that Northern Coalition. had previously forced from their homes in the Drone Regions.

Last week, the dam broke, and the CFC was able to assert nominal control over all but two of Fountain's systems. TEST leadership announced that they would not contest these sudden gains, but instead elected for an all out defense of their capital system and seat of power: 6VDT. As the shadow of the vast CFC war-marchine fell upon their home, TEST and its allies marshaled their forces to fight to the bitter end.

The stage was set for the climactic engagement of one of the most brutal wars in EVE's history.

The full battle report (from the perspective of a bloc-level CFC Fleet Commander) can be found at the below link. A battle report from the TEST/N3. POV will no doubt be featured shortly.

http://themittani.com/features/6vdt-cfc-battle-report

UPDATE: Northern Coalition. have just destroyed a CFC Titan in 6VDT.
    Last edited by Valerean; 2013-07-29 at 09:05 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not gonna talk trash about Test. They're who I am allied to, and I've fought for them since I came into null. As an ENL-I member I was gratified to see our academy corp on the field doing what they could. Together we fielded as much as most of the rest of our Alliance. I'll let you make of that what you will. Too many standdowns, too much standing around and letting scum like the Goons do exactly as they pleased. imo we should probably have seen it coming that they would launch when our major allies were off contesting the tournament but, in any event, we should have had the numbers to win.

It was a great battle, aside from the absolutely horrendous TiDi that made it virtually impossible for a logi like myself to actually execute their jobs. Nothing like feeling impotent in a big fleet battle, right? I'm not sure how it was for a dps pilot but I can't imagine it was much better. I hate the Goons, but gf. See you soon

Was sad to see this war not go the otherway, CFC's time is deff up and it would have been nice if all of eve had banded up to kill them, even the russians. Im sure N3 would have given solar back some dronelands if they helped remove cfc but meh, till next war.

Short of Mittens karttooning GSF in a drunken rage or some other equally hilarious fuck-up, the CFC has secured one of the most lucrative sources of income currently existing in New Eden. With Tech moons now largely worthless and ratting returning as the most profitable venture in the North, I wouldn't be surprised if renter programs were rolled out to take advantage of the prime Guristas space available there.

TEST will be heading south to Delve to do some soul searching and a general alliance shake-up. That the CFC will eventually follow them and put Delve to the torch is almost a dead certainty; the timeframe however remains unclear. TEST are currently fragmented and militarily ineffective - plus they have yet to move most of their logistics infrastructure from Karan in lowsec to NOL in Delve. A short and vicious campaign, hot on the heels of the fall of Fountain, could do horrendous damage. That being said, it will be at least a month before the CFC's newly acquired systems tick over to SOV 3, allowing the deployment of cynojammers - PL and NC. will undoubtedly be watching the R64 systems like hawks, and it would be foolish for the CFC to commit to a fullscale invasion of Delve before Fountain is defensible.

I don't even understand half of the shit I am reading, but my god, it still manages to sound obscenely cool.

That's what I like about EVE. I don't understand it at all. I'll probably never play it. But holy shit does it make for an incredible read sometimes.

Just picturing it in my mind is incredible; an enormous sphere of ships all arrayed around a station in a protective formation, keeping commanding vessels safe, and then the final 'drop the hammer' warp in of 200 enormous capital ships is pretty awe inspiring.

That's the sort of shit that makes for good books.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-07-29 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Bleh, I don't like people knowing about the sandpit. Whilst I don't want EVE full of LFR level WoW players who think dem spaceshipz look ezmode, a few of the streams from last night were just disgusting. Guys like Mad Ani talking in EVE code to non-players was just so uncomfortable, using acronyms that even I'm not that up on and I'm at least a newbro in null. It's not an easily accessible game at the best of times!

Valerean, presuming you're a Goon, you must have the same relatively welcoming attitude to new guys that ENL-I does, and that sort of thing is just the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    It made the BBC...
    I was there. Not my picture:
    PHP Code:
    i.imgur.com/fqENlqO.jpg 
    Someone should make a picture with the text: "Blizzard, that's what massive multiplayer online looks like, not this" and then followup with a 10man raid picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    I was there. Not my picture:
    PHP Code:
    i.imgur.com/fqENlqO.jpg 
    Someone should make a picture with the text: "Blizzard, that's what massive multiplayer online looks like, not this" and then followup with a 10man raid picture.
    ..and it's jerky attitudes like yours that keeps a lot of people who might try Eve from even bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    Valerean, presuming you're a Goon, you must have the same relatively welcoming attitude to new guys that ENL-I does, and that sort of thing is just the worst
    I swear most of EVE has no idea just how much we rely on our newbies. It's common practice in our fleets for players flying their first combat frigate or whatever to be showered with ISK (one guy got 5 Billion from some Amok. dude the other week), while everyone goes all :shobon: when they try and point the gate that DBRB is screaming is red.

Our fleet doctrine is literally designed around having lots of newbies - we rely on them to fill up our FuckYou fleets, basically hordes and hordes of Celestis (ships that require you to have very little skills trained in order to fly them) to shutdown enemy logistics.

And yes, EVE to a non-player is like watching some weird sport being played upside-down in a foreign language, but once you get the hang of it then there's nothing like it.

bah i missed it, i'm on hiatus from eve just slowly growing my urge to play again.

feels almost like the time i missed out on a titan km because my oneiros fit had armor rep lights and ecm drones, and i had no whore gun.. me > gutted.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2013-07-29 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    bah i missed it, i'm on hiatus from eve just slowly growing my urge to play again.

feels almost like the time i missed out on a titan km because my oneiros fit had armor rep lights and ecm drones, and i had no whore gun.. me > gutted.
    I did that during the DRF/NC war. Probed down a disconnected White Noise. Avatar in my Buzzard, and couldn't do shit about getting on the killmail :smith:

Deleted
    I'm not sure Cadfael meant it in the spirit you're taking it; for me being part of the biggest operation in MMO history was something quite unique. I'm quite certain in the course of our war we might indeed break many more records

WoW is a solo game by and large now, and even at it's biggest you're looking at 25 co-ordinated people raiding an NPC with pre-scripted moves. Not 2500 hitting a dynamic enemy that constantly cycles, constantly changes target, all with what is the worst "lag" you will have ever seen.

If you're used to being an important voice on comms, get used to having to remain silent lest you crash Mumble (which happened at least a half dozen times last night before I finally packed it in).

Vael, I agree totally; our Academy bros (from which I spawned, Goon-hungry into the world) who are all new players spent last night locking down from their Blackbirds - such a small task but so so important. I think that all corps would get on a bit better if they added a bit of newbie "swarm" to their fleets. I feel dirty just typing that :P