Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The learning curve is kicking my ass right now.

Because I can't get it installed on my work PC for some damned reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you learn stuff it's like riding a bike, you'll not forget how to do it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    As well as a brutal learning curve there's also the issue of actually having skills to do anything, I've been playing 3 months iirc just got to 4 mil sp and been running my first few solo lvl 4 missions.

Scanning and Exploration can be very rewarding, and once you get the Astrometric skills up it isn't very hard. When you only have 3 or 4 probes, it absolutely sucks. With 7 it takes mere minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never needed more than a four probe square setup, what really helps is taking the extra skills in sensor strength and deviation reduction. Highsec exploration can reward you with 3/10's for A-type frigate modules (which some lowsec pvpers will spend high cash for) or 4/10 C-types, which if you're in Caldari space can reward you with the new Pith Invul fields.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    What would you guys recommend for me: I'm Minmatar and am interested in exploring low sec space looking for goodies to use or sell. I want to nip into dangerous areas, hopefully go undetected as long as possible, grab any loot I've found via scanning, and haul ass out of there to the nearest market. I'm not really interested in hunting pirates or whatever. I'm guessing I'll need something with good scanning abilities, enough room for an okay weapon and all the probes/hacking/salvaging stuff I need, plus decent defence to counter my lacklustre offence. I currently only have 3 newbie ships including the Probe, and am training Frigates level 4.

Deleted
    Not my area of expertise, but you could start with the Probe and aim for A Cheetah It might take you a month to train all the skills for it and good mods.

It is quite quick, so you can get out of trouble fast, but it's very very weak. I wouldn't recommend going to null security w/o backup, as the Cheetah's purpose in Null is recon for other ships. You could so exploring quite safely in low sec with it. It does only have 200m3 of cargo, so you might consider expanding that at the expense of top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    What would you guys recommend for me: I'm Minmatar and am interested in exploring low sec space looking for goodies to use or sell. I want to nip into dangerous areas, hopefully go undetected as long as possible, grab any loot I've found via scanning, and haul ass out of there to the nearest market.
    Minmatar and low sec exploration eh? I'll tell you what I don't recommend: Molden Heath. Stay clear of MH's lowsec or you'll end up like this noob: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=15186148

If you're serious about wanting to do exploration, and you absolutely want to stick with Minmatar, then go for a Loki. A Tengu or Proteus would probably be better, but you'll spend longer cross training for them. Lokis excel at other things though, so it will still be well worth the training time.

Right now just stick with high sec scanning. You aren't going to be able to do low sec sites without at least a cruiser sized ship that can dish out a lot of damage while simultaneously taking a beating. With only a frigate you can expect the high sec sites to still be challenging.

Once you've got the skill points for larger ships and feel you're ready to jump in the deep end, skip low sec and jump straight to null - it's much safer and it pays better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I currently only have 3 newbie ships including the Probe, and am training Frigates level 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    If you're serious about wanting to do exploration, and you absolutely want to stick with Minmatar, then go for a Loki. A Tengu or Proteus would probably be better, but you'll spend longer cross training for them. Lokis excel at other things though, so it will still be well worth the training time.
    That early in skill points, you shouldn't be bound by your current racial ships (unless you're really gunning for the RP element, or something). It's a few hours or a day of training time to pick up equal skills of another race at that point; given that a strategic cruiser is easily several months of training between learning to fly the ship itself and learning adequate missile skills / shield skills / misc other skills to back it up, it's really not worth going with a second choice. (If you want the Loki for its special unique abilities, that's fine too.)

I do love love love my Tengu as an all-purpose awesomeness.

If you're interested in scanning, though, you should see if you like it first! You should be able to get some basic scanning skills and a t1 scanning frigate pretty quickly. You can scan down some interesting points, bookmark them, and come back later in a "real" ship to do the heavy lifting.

Almost getting the urge to start playing again.

I think one of my favorite moments in EVE was getting scammed for a few hundred million, and then getting that ISK back from said scammer.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

I'm really interested in how Hulkageddon + Drone Region changes + Jita Burning will affect mineral prices. I've invest nearly 40 billion into high end minerals...I'm hoping for 100% return

Plus, I'll be one of the CFC pilots blowing up hulks and freighters. It's going to be loads of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyhello View Post
    I'm really interested in how Hulkageddon + Drone Region changes + Jita Burning will affect mineral prices. I've invest nearly 40 billion into high end minerals...I'm hoping for 100% return

Plus, I'll be one of the CFC pilots blowing up hulks and freighters. It's going to be loads of fun.
    HURHUR LOOK IM CFC AND I KILL DEFENSLESS SHIPS AND IM KOOL. Sorry but hulkageddon is nothing more than a place for all the scrub pvp player to go kill non combat ships and haulers and then try and epeen about how cool they are cus they can do this. pretty much the reason why a good 80% of eve looks down upon the cfc. Now go do something usefull please and evict IRC from thier space.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2012-04-20 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyhello View Post

I've invested 10b+ on minerals as well, great profits to be made. Whoever got in early is going to get rich.

Also, huge props for contributing to hulk ganking, those miners hurt investment profits.

Freighters though, are piloted by the people who actually buy the minerals you, me and many other smart folk have invested in. We don't wan't to shoot our victims.. I mean customers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    HURHUR LOOK IM CFC AND I KILL DEFENSLESS SHIPS AND IM KOOL. Sorry but hulkageddon is nothing more than a place for all the scrub pvp player to go kill non combat pvp ships and haulers and then try and epeen about how cool they are cus they can do this. pretty much the reason why good 80% of eve looks down upon the cfc. Now go do something usefull please and evict IRC from thier space.
    Well, you're wrong. Hulkageddon directly cleans up the fucking mining bots, and also causes slight to moderate disturbances in mineral supplies or specific mining related equipment prices. Fluctuations like that make traders rich. Those 'kool' guys may do the blowing up part, but it's those shadowy behind the scenes controllers that actually profit.

I truthfully agree that IRC and similar alliances that do not emply *cough* bots *cough in any way need to go
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2012-04-20 at 06:21 PM.

I played EvE for almost four years. In the end, it is the worst supported, worst developed hunk of old code still clunking along out there. Years and years of ignoring basic life in 0.0 issues, massive real-money trading (Russians own the game, pretty much), and god awful multiplayer fleet lag. I sold my stuff off and never plan on going back into that cluster again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladed View Post
    I played EvE for almost four years. In the end, it is the worst supported, worst developed hunk of old code still clunking along out there. Years and years of ignoring basic life in 0.0 issues, massive real-money trading (Russians own the game, pretty much), and god awful multiplayer fleet lag. I sold my stuff off and never plan on going back into that cluster again.
    you should look at the current powerblocs. RA got booted, SHadowxxdeath is done for. ROL and RA are the only russians left, with RA being on the run and fighting nulli for space.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladed View Post
    Generalize much?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a newbie to this game and was wondering if anyone was online and could help me out, I have done the preliminary missions (I think)...
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    If you are serious about the game, join EVE University. It's an alliance/corporation that is dedicated to helping new players. A quick google search should show you how to do it.

Well, you're wrong. Hulkageddon directly cleans up the fucking mining bots, and also causes slight to moderate disturbances in mineral supplies or specific mining related equipment prices. Fluctuations like that make traders rich. Those 'kool' guys may do the blowing up part, but it's those shadowy behind the scenes controllers that actually profit.
    Then why gank frieghters to no end? There are by far more botters in nullsec than highsec, why just yesterday a friend of mine had eyes in a goonie mining system where someone was botting with 20+ hulks. So CFC against bots my ass, they should look internally before externally. Bots in highsec are the least of your problems, as all they get are Trit, pyert, mex or iso which is ass all for profit. Hulkaggedon is nothing more than a reason for bad pvpers to attempt to epeen over killing non combat ships.

---------- Post added 2012-04-20 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    If you are serious about the game, join EVE University. It's an alliance/corporation that is dedicated to helping new players. A quick google search should show you how to do it.
    Iv herd more storys of corruption from Eve U than helpfull ones, tbh everything you need to learn is on EvE wiki.

Deleted
    You sound a bit upset. If this was the EVE forums, you would have been reduced to ash. Thankfully, it isn't.

Besides, cleaning up bots is only a side effect, the main reason it is done, is to collect the tears from people like you