What are your thoughts on Tribes Ascend?

I played Tribes 1 and Tribes 2 as a young child, and was extremely excited to find out that Tribes Ascend is free to play. However, after a couple of days of playing Tribes Ascend it is my honest opinion that the game is too difficult to play. The Jetpack speed is so fast that a lot of weapons like the Shotgun and Assault Rifle are nearly obsolete. I often times run out of ammunition without even hitting another player. I loved Tribes 1 and 2, but I feel like they messed up with Tribes Ascend when they made the Jet Pack and Ski essentially give players the ability to move 100 miles per hour 90% of the time.

Deleted
    I also think it's way too hard. Otherwise I like it. And besides, there's an official Tribes thread here already.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I also think it's way too hard. Otherwise I like it. And besides, there's an official Tribes thread here already.
    Ahhh, I checked the first three pages and didn't see anything. The last time I bumped a thread that was a month old I got banned, lol!

But yeah, I love first person shooters, and I loved the original Tribes and I feel like this game makes it so hard to hit another player that it really kills the Assault Rifle, and Shot Gun and my friends quit playing it after like 20 minutes of trying it! I wish they would have slowed it down just enough to cater to the typical FPS and original Tribes crowd!
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2012-04-05 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it hard at first but it just takes patience, I do think that some of the weapons are way overpriced (xp cost). I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a huge disappointment. /shrug

The game was ruined by HiRez's insistence on a rigid business model and convoluted class structure that doesn't fit well in the Tribes universe.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Oh yeah, the cost of items are ridiculous. People say that it's fair since you can either buy them instantly with tribes gold or wait to get them by just playing but some of the classes are just simply bad without certain upgrades and so on.