Fury Warrior DPS Question

Hello all,

I wanted to see if some of you could help me. This is my character below, and it's my first in WoW. I started playing about a month ago, and chose a fury warrior because that's what my friend told me to create. I don't regret this decision, and I've had a great time leveling. But now that I am level 85, running some dungeons and LFR, I've started caring about my DPS. I have been monitoring it, and I have been doing a consistent average of about 14k DPS. My friend keeps telling me that I am doing something wrong (he hasn't played fury warrior in about a year though), but I simply cannot understand what it might be. I have read all the guides out there on rotation, talent tree, glyphs, etc and still can't seem to get my DPS to rise above the 14k range (without any buffs or blowing all my cooldowns).

My main rotation is typically:

BS while charging > CS > BT > RB > Slam if proc'd > BT > RB > etc

(here is my character - can't post links yet)
    wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Uabee/simple

Could someone please look at my character and suggest any changes? I realize some of you have posted recently about Arms being the superior class. I have chosen it as my second spec, and I'm willing to change if it will be much better for me. I am also working on my reforging, as well as getting better gear and another weapon for my off hand.

Thanks,
    upslash

Right off the bat, complete your character audit. That will guarantee a DPS increase, assuming rotations, etc are correct.

Your reforging looks pretty good. I would say drop hit to roughly 17-18% if possible, I find anything over 18-19% to be a DPS loss to Crit.

Your weapons could use an upgrade as well. Keep your fingers crossed for an LFR Gurthalak (or a normal one if you can do normal DS). If you PvP, getting the Conquest Weapon is pretty good too.

15+ Year Old Account
    In addition to what Elly said you could also change the green gem in your shoulders to a str/hit gem (Etched Demonseye).
    Regarding your rotation the thing that stands out is that BT should be every second ability you use, so instead of this:

BT > RB > Slam if proc'd > BT
    You should have this:

BT > RB > BT > Slam if proc'c > BT.

When you say 14k, is that on a Raiding Dummy or in a 5man/LFR?
    Since you're saying without any Buffs I'm inclined to believe it's on a dummy but I'd like to make sure.

If you're using 0 cooldowns (so no reck/death wish), have no buffs/debuffs other than what you provide yourself, and you're attacking a standard raiding dummy (so no execute) then 14k is not bad at all.
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-04-18 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    Please do keep in mind a fury warrior is very gear sensitive. With every gear upgrade you'll get, you'll see your dps increase significantly. Arms is much more viable in dps on lower itemlevels, while fury has a higher dps output on higher itemlevels. Arms is more forgiving in rage control, however, if you master your fury build, you'll output some serious damage. Best thing to do is to try out both builds, use what you're most comfortable with, and before you know it, you'll be doing some serious damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    When you say 14k, is that on a Raiding Dummy or in a 5man/LFR?
    Since you're saying without any Buffs I'm inclined to believe it's on a dummy but I'd like to make sure.

If you're using 0 cooldowns (so no reck/death wish), have no buffs/debuffs other than what you provide yourself, and you're attacking a standard raiding dummy (so no execute) then 14k is not bad at all.
    When I said 14k, I was in fact talking about a raiding dummy without death wish or recklessness. In an actual fight, my DPS would be higher, depending on my use of CDs and what kind of buffs I had.

Thanks for all who have replied. I won't give up on fury yet. I do enjoy it, so I'm going to work toward getting my gear set complete. I'll work on uping my use of BT as well.

On a Raiding Dummy, I tried to do 35-40k on cooldown durations (During DW/Reck/Pot) and try my best to maintain it at 30k+. I find that with those numbers on a dummy, I would perform well on a boss.

Maintenance and persistent DPS would define a really good Fury warrior, IMO.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    On a Raiding Dummy, I tried to do 35-40k on cooldown durations (During DW/Reck/Pot) and try my best to maintain it at 30k+. I find that with those numbers on a dummy, I would perform well on a boss.

Maintenance and persistent DPS would define a really good Fury warrior, IMO.
    This indeed - the rage flow is much more... instinctual as fury. I just yesterday went fury because everything is on farm, was a little rusty at first and surely it will get better as I practice it more (LFR's, etc - dummies can only take you so far) - maintained about 33.5k on a dummy over 30 million, using cooldowns.

Analyzing logs is another good way to help yourself out - looking at cooldown usage at what time, pauses in rage, 2p usage, heroic leap, etc

Logs from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/706stmxp1nzstmih/

From this I see a few things on the fights I was dpsing on - I was lazy about heroic leap usage, missed a few slam opportunity's and completely forgot about heroic fury altogether (heh, bad >.<)

Just keep practicing and view your logs - get an addon called autolog (which you can have for 5 man all the way to 25 man groups) and upload to analyze :]

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...l/Deviltheory/
    “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” - Plato
    http://www.twitch.tv/seanmphoward / http://www.youtube.com/user/ASoulByondRepair/videos