Deleted

Need help with druid leveling

Hey guys. I used scroll of resurrection, and now I have a level 80 druid, but I have no knowledge of druids at all.. I specced feral, but I have no idea what abilities should I use at leveling..
    could anyone post a proper rotation? or a list of the most important abilities/spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    while leveling as feral cat its quite easy
    do
    Feral charge (if possiable) (if it is use Ravage! after the feral charge)
    mangle
    rake
    (Use Tigers flurry is possiable)
    (if target is > 50% hp do an other mangle)
    Furius bite

the full proper rotation to use while in dungions is rather complex as you have to put up mangle, rake and rip, you also have keep up Savage raor on yourself.\
    basicly for starter do this
    mangle, (or shred if the target already has the mangle debuff)
    do rake if the target does not have it yet
    Shred until you hhave 5 combo points,
    Use Rip

now repeat the above but when you have 5 combo points use Savage Roar
    then keep using either Rip or Savage Raor when you have 5 combo points (try to alternate between the two)

And ofcourse use Tigers Furt & Bezerk when possiable
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Pretty sure this still applies somewhat in raids today, if not, still funny.

http://azeroth.metblogs.com/files/2009/10/catdps.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    While leveling you should use the following: Feral Charge, Ravage! proc, Mangle, Rake and for a finisher, either Rip (if they are going to live longer then a few more seconds) or Ferocious Bite to end it quickly. Tiger's Fury gives you a damage boost, as well as restoring some energy. You really shouldn't need to use Berserk while leveling too often, but if anything is too beefy for you to handle, hit it. That should more than take care of any mobs you come across. Noiw, getting into the full feral 5man/raid rotation.... That's a whole different beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming by leveling you just mean killing one mob after the other, not dungeons, etc.

Leveling's pretty simple:
    Open with a feral charge, then use the free ravage you get from talents.
    #showtooltip
    /cast Feral Charge(Cat Form)
    /cast Ravage(Cat Form)
    (That's the macro I use, basically just hit it twice)

If charge isn't up, open with mangle, then rake, then mangle for a few combo points and ferocious bite after you pool up some energy. Ferocious bite costs 25 energy, but you can consume up to 35 more energy for up to 100% more damage which makes it great for burst/finishing a mob off. Rip is pretty much a waste of energy/combo points because it won't be up long enough to deal its full damage. An exception is if you're fighting an elite with lots of health, then yes, Rip away. Use tiger's fury once you deplete all of your energy. I usually use it right before ferocious bite for some sexy damage. Savage roar is okay, but I don't really consider it optimal since most of your damage will come from your mangle/ferocious bite. If you have a few spare points, feel free to use it for that, but it's not a make or break situation. Also, if you're feeling ballsy, feel free to round up a group of mobs, then pop survival instincts, swipe til your energy is depleted, then tiger's fury to give it back, and finally hit berserk. This will let you swipe like mad and allow you to take down an entire group.

Another thing to watch out for is your nature's swiftness proc which allows for instantly healing touches. You can also shift out between pulls and hot yourself up (rejuvenation/3x lifebloom) for less down time. Once you get the hang of it, leveling as feral is really fluid and satisfying.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2012-04-08 at 06:13 PM.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    When leveling... press Mangle till the mob is dead. Nothing else is needed :P

Pounce - mangle - shred - fb was mostly enough. Or feral charge - pounce - ravage - mangle - fb. Or whatever seriously, you could stay in bear all day long and still kill things incredibly fast.

P.S. For me it was combination of stealth, shadowmelt and instant fly form that made lvling expirience on druid insanely fast. Not to mention how many times i used shadowmelt - fly form to prevent incomming ganks))

Deleted
    Maybe you could make a south park tribute and go kill boars in the forest until you break the level cap! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Krislol View Post
    Pretty sure this still applies somewhat in raids today, if not, still funny.

http://azeroth.metblogs.com/files/2009/10/catdps.jpg
    Haha, that really made me /lol

Keep predatory strikes up always.

First mob:
    Stealth, feral charge, pounce, ravage mangle, rip (if you're not at 5 cp yet)

Second mob:
    While that one's ticking down to death, Faerie Fire the next mob, Tiger's fury, mangle, rip, mangle to 5 points Rip if over 40% health, bite if less.

Try to alternate Stealth/FC and Faerie Fire/Tiger's Fury between kills and you should have a non-stop chain pull.

Pop an instant Healing touch whenever you need it.

Feral Charge, Ravage (Stampede talent), Mangle, rake, rip....move on to the next target. The rotation isn't end game material but the mob will die with the bleeds. If the mob dies with Combo Point's always remember to Savage Roar. 3-4 point rip is all you really need on a mob.

I didn't bother stealthing and using pounce or ravage. Seemed to slow to me. I just ran target to target killing stuff.

This is why i didn't use my scroll of rezz on my druid .

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    This is why i didn't use my scroll of rezz on my druid .
    I think it's like that with any class. I went back to playing my paladin alt and was like, wtf do I do. Hunter might be the easiest to just jump into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why bump this? Op hasn't posted in a month and we have a cat thread with all the info you could ever need, plus a leveling thread..