View Poll Results: Will you be playing the the tournament?

Voters
56. This poll is closed
  • Yes (NA)

31 55.36%
  • Yes (EU)

25 44.64%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

League of Legends Tournament

We have been talking about starting up a tournament in the LoL thread, and decided to give it a go. Here are the rules so far.

League of Legends MMO-Champion tournament

This will be a pre-made team, 5v5 elimination tournament. Your team will have 2 "lives", losing one per loss, with no chance to gain another. You will decide on a champion roster before the tournament starts, and will decide on a 5 champion bench as well. Each team will be able to "ban" one of each others champions, preventing that champion from being played for that match.

Runes are NOT allowed, and only 15 mastery points are allowed as well. This is to keep the field as level as possible for players. 30 mastery points are allowed for the 30 only tournament, but runes are still banned.

You will have 3 chances to set up a match, contacting one of the tourny supervisors (to be determined) with possible times that both teams are available. Failure of a team to show up at an appointed and agreed upon time results in a loss. You have 3 chances, failure to set up a time should NOT be a problem. If there are major problems, supervisors will work it out on a case by case basis.

There will be a wild card match based on a random number before the final matches. They will be given 1 life.

Stand-ins will be allowed, on the basis that you are allowed 3 stand-ins for your ENTIRE team the ENTIRE tournament. The stand in must follow the rules, use the teams champions, and be pre-registered.

I will (hopefully) be able to provide a ventrillo server for both teams (same server, separate, locked lobbies). If you use another service, fine.

Interruptions during play (AFKs, leaves, etc etc) will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Intentionally feeding the opposing team, or causing disruptions in fair gameplay may result in your removal from the team and a stand in replacing you.
    More information: There will be separate tournaments for those who are below 30 and those who are 30. Because being level 30 allows for a much greater playing experience, and conveys so many advantages, you will only play other level 30s. If you hit 30 during the tournament, you remain in the below 30 section, because that would just suck XD.

WHAT TO POST IN THIS THREAD (and format):
    RULE CHANGES: If you believe rules should be changed, post what rule and why. The better written the reason, the better chance the rule can be changed.

LOOKING FOR TEAM: Want to participate, but don't have a team? Post here in this format:

Username:
    Region:
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc):
    Champions Owned that fill role:
    Champion best with:
    Level:
    Other information:

WANT TO BAN A CHAMPION FOR THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT? You can, if we get an overwhelming (and I mean overwhelming) vote for a champion to be banned for the entire tournament. This is a big deal, and it will take a lot of work and persuading to get a champion banned. If you feel a champion takes away from fun play, by all means post why and ask for a ban. The better the post, the more votes you should get, and the higher the chance the ban will go through.

SUPERVISOR APPLICATION: Want to be a supervisor for the tournament? Post an application (no specific format, be creative). We will have a limited number of spots, so the faster (and better) you post, the higher the chance you will get the spot. The supervisors job will be to look over champions profiles before matches, review replays to ensure fair play, help coordinate match times, and record any discrepancies in a match.

If you have a team ready, as well as a roster, Send a PM to me, I'll record it and set up a match bracket when sign up is over (to be determined when).

And the thing you have all been waiting for...

PRIZES!

Each member of the winning team will win 5 dollars (hopefully as RP, but I am not sure if you can gift RP, still looking). If you used one of your stand ins at any time, they will also be given the prize. It's not much, but since the teams have 5 people on them, the price of any bigger prizes would be insane (for a college student at least XD).

This is all for the North American side of things. The EU players will still have a chance at their own tournament, but it will have to be supervised by a separate group of people, as well as funded.

Also, don't forget to post that you are participating in the poll (when it's up).
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Username: Tizzlefix
    Region:EU
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): Tank, Whatever Yorick is (can't find out what he is), Jungler
    Champions Owned that fill role: Dr Mundo, Yorick, Nunu, Annie
    Champion best with: Dr Mundo
    Level: 14
    Other information: Just putting an application in for becoming a supervisor, I have a replay link:

http://www.leaguereplays.com/download/

This is for the games you need to record to make sure that there are no problems with anything that happened in the game ie cheating, etc.

Everyone needs to download it and record their games.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2011-07-14 at 09:22 PM.
    Hey everyone

Username: Fiddlesnarfx
    Region: US
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): AD Carry, DPS
    Champions Owned that fill role: Gangplank, Garen
    Champion best with: Gangplank
    Level: 21
    Other information: Have one other person that may be interested to join my team.

I also still think we should ban certain champions by default, mainly Evelynn, that character just makes matches that less fun.

Username: Mee Nyt Vittuun
    Region: EU
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): Everything
    Champions Owned that fill role: Amumu, Soraka, Tristana, Nasus
    Champion best with: Amumu
    Level:28
    Other information: awesome!
    PEWPEW

Deleted
    Username: Fr0d0
    Role: AP carry mid or Tank solo top or Support bottom
    Champions Owned that fill role: Anivia, Cho'gath, Soraka
    Champion best with: Anivia
    Level: 30
    Other information: Played for 1 year now

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Username: Tizzlefix
    Region:EU
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): Tank
    Champions Owned that fill role: Dr Mundo

Champion best with: Dr Mundo
    Level: 9
    Not to be a dick, but that's just wrong.
    Mundo isn't a tank at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Username: Hraklea
    Region: US
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): all of them.
    Champions Owned that fill role: big answer inc

AD Carry - Ashe and Corki
    Off Tank - Xin Zhao, Olaf and Warwick
    AP Carry - Annie, Anivia, Twisted Fate and Zilean
    Tank - Amumu and Shen
    Support - Janna, Sona, Soraka and Taric

Champion best with: Janna
    Other information: I play LoL since the closed beta and I play DotA since 2005, so I'm pretty good.

Username: Faltemer
    Region: NA
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): Off-tank, AP Carry, jungle
    Champions Owned that fill role: Mordekaiser, Katrina, leblanc, WW, akali
    Champion best with: Mord, kat, leblanc, WW, akali
    Other information: Been playing for about a year, have experience with every single champion I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ais View Post
    Not to be a dick, but that's just wrong.
    Mundo isn't a tank at all.
    I stand corrected, more like an off-tank/dps tank like champion... Anyways I'm slightly a newbie still and please don't make comments on a tournament thread because it's to sign up at this point in time not to make comments about other people's bad information (in this case mine).
    Hey everyone

Username: Narbo
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): Mainly AP/AD Carries and Support, but can also jungle/tank if needed
    Champions Owned that fill role: Vlad, Malz, Annie, Ashe, Corki, Vayne, Taric, Janna, Trundle, Amumu, Alistar
    Champion best with: see above
    Other information: I am willing to be a supervisor if you desperately need them
    Last edited by RockStrongo; 2011-06-11 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    Username: Twist Of Hate
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): AP carry / AD Tanky DPS
    Champions Owned that fill role: Malzahar, Vladimir, Irelia, Renekton
    Champion best with: Malzahar
    Other information: Decent AP carry player who can also play a strong Irelia/Jarvan IV. Not limited to these roles, can also a play a good Shen/Cho'gath.

Sounds like awesome fun, unfortunately I cant join you guys I only have my EU account but I wish the best of luck too you all and have some fun with it <3
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Deleted
    I also still think we should ban certain champions by default, mainly Evelynn, that character just makes matches that less fun.
    It's quite easy to counter Eve though. She's only effective as a roamer, and well, only punishes people who over-extend and push their lane unnecessarily. Just my opinion ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMert View Post
    Sounds like awesome fun, unfortunately I cant join you guys I only have my EU account but I wish the best of luck too you all and have some fun with it <3
    We will both be doing it for people in the US as well as in Europe, so feel free to sign up!

Username: t3hj0j0
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): AP carry/nuke, AD carry
    Champions Owned that fill role: Vlad, Kog'maw, Lux, Ezreal, Gangplank, Irelia, Pantheon, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Veigar
    Champion best with: Vlad (AP carry) Gangplank (AD carry)
    Level:17
    Other information: Quite good with vlad and GP, everyone else is a situational character that I'm not nearly as good with.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.

Deleted
    Why don't you use the actual draft mode instead of this "custom draft mode"?

Having a steady team of champs that isn't affected by the enemy team really helps out most people. As much as I would love an actual draft style pick, most people in the tourny will have 2 (a few with more, but those will be few and far between) champs they are good with. Losing the use of one (or both) of those champs is a big morale drop. So we give the advantage of knowing your opponents team, with the right to ban one of their champs, but still allowing you to use (most of the time) the champ you want. While it isn't 100% foolproof, as you can still lose a champ, it is still a bit more easy going than a normal draft.

Username: Hatelust
    Region:USA
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): AP and AD carries, assassin, tank, support
    Champions Owned that fill role: Brand, Casseopia, Vlad, Ashe, Ezreal(Ap and AD), Nocturne, Jax, Shen, Janna
    Champion best with: Toss up between Vlad, Shen, Nocturne, and Ezreal
    Other information: I will not participate if any tanks are going to be banned as they would be in ranked(Shen, Rammus, Ammu, ect.) I like dynamic play, and not "who can nuke eachother faster." I consider myself a jungle wizard, so, if your team needs a junggalo, I'm your man.

Only tank I can see being banned is Shen (talking global bans here) because of "dat ult". Besides that, in this kind of tourny, tanks aren't really going to make or break a team. Though, I can see your worries.

Come on people, we have 11 pages of the league thread, and we don't even have 1 of this thread, I know their are more LoL players out there, come on, compete, even if it's just for the prizes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    Only tank I can see being banned is Shen (talking global bans here) because of "dat ult". Besides that, in this kind of tourny, tanks aren't really going to make or break a team. Though, I can see your worries.

Come on people, we have 11 pages of the league thread, and we don't even have 1 of this thread, I know their are more LoL players out there, come on, compete, even if it's just for the prizes!
    Agreed people still aren't posting here their information, yet are posting their information in the other thread, baffles me.
    Hey everyone