Thread: New headphones

Deleted

New headphones

Heya everyone

So, I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. A couple of requirements:

• Headphones only, so no mic.
    • Comfortable
    • As close to "normal" sound, so no over-tuned bass (like with Beats by Dre)

I'm doing some music production as a hobby (progressive house primarily), hence the "normal" sound. I would prefer if they could get down to 10 hz (yes, I know that we can't hear anything below 18 hz, but the waves makes the bass sound more warm). I have a dedicated soundcard by the way.

My budget is 800 DKK or 90 USD. 90 USD is around 500 DKK, but electronics is atleast 30% more expensive here So far I've looked at the Shure SRH440 and they seem to fit my needs and budget quite good, but I'm definitely open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    I'd look into some Sennheisers. They're generally accepted as good and neutral headphones. Personally I'm very, very into their comfort. They tend to be light and not put any pressure on your ears. I can't recommend you any specific models because I honestly have no idea of the price they go for around in Denmark.

RouVix is correct sennheisers are very very comfortable,noise canceling and it's audio is top notch

Sennheiser HD555

fits everything you want, super high quality, I've had mine for 2 years now and they still work amazingly. I've convinced 3 members of my guild to purchase them as well and they all love them.

Shouldn't be too hard to find a new pair around 100. these are audiophile quality headphones. Really the best bang for the buck.

These are Open Ear headphones so if you are looking for something noise cancelling, these are not what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    Sennheiser HD555
    Add the 558 and 598 to that list. They have a reputation for cracking headbands but other than that, they're open, sound neutral, and fit nicely over the ears. A bit beyond your budget though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvQ8PzBrHXE

Should check that link out, teaches you how to mod the 555s to sound just like the 595s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can highly recommend Turtle Beach, they make all kinds of headsets. Mine are the Earforce x11(granted they have a mic, but can be easy put up out the way - i never use mine) they are super comfy, fantastic sound quality and i have dropped them so many times and they still work and have not broken. I have had them about 2 years.

Music..Production?

I'd probably pick sennheiser HD25-ii ( one of the variatons ) for that but since it's out of your budget i'd recommend Brainwavz HM5 or ultimately, a pair of ETYMYOTIC IEMs or Altec Lansing IM series IEMs, since those are made for in the field sound monitoring.

Open headphones can be an alternative at 300++ but that's way out of your budget.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Music..Production?

I'd probably pick sennheiser HD25-ii ( one of the variatons ) for that but since it's out of your budget i'd recommend Brainwavz HM5 or ultimately, a pair of ETYMYOTIC IEMs or Altec Lansing IM series IEMs, since those are made for in the field sound monitoring.

Open headphones can be an alternative at 300++ but that's way out of your budget.
    The sennheiser you suggested is out of my budget and the other two you listed can't be bought in Denmark Since electronics is shit expensive here, 60-80 USD might be closer to my budget. All the other suggestions have been like +1200 DKK.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    The sennheiser you suggested is out of my budget and the other two you listed can't be bought in Denmark Since electronics is shit expensive here, 60-80 USD might be closer to my budget. All the other suggestions have been like +1200 DKK.
    Good ol' sony V6, in that case.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    I'm afraid that given your current situation, and budget, you wont really find a decent pair of headphones. You'll have to settle for a meh, pair :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    I'm afraid that given your current situation, and budget, you wont really find a decent pair of headphones. You'll have to settle for a meh, pair :\
    That's not true, you can find descent ones for much less.

Try these JVC HA-RX700 (pricecheck@pricerunner) - 363DKK
    you can also order them from Amazon.co.uk afaik JVC HA-RX700 @Amazon - ~280DKK + shipping

Some customer reviews from Amazon || More info here from Head-fi.org

Deleted
    Update:

So I found the Shure SRH-840 on a website for used stuff. They were completely new and unused, since the guy got it as a company gift. I can get it for around 130 USD (800 DKK) and here they're atleast 1300 DKK. Ofc I've checked wether it's a legit seller or not, but he seems fine.

Will return with pics

Deleted
    Now the question is if it's worth an extra 5-550 DKK compared to the JVC HA-RX700

Comparison: Shure-SRH840-vs-JVC-HA-RX700 || shopping.com JVC-HA-RX700-Shure-SRH840

Either way it seems like a nice deal you got.