GameStop Pre Purchase US

Hi sorry if this was posted somewhere else, I looked through the search tool and didn't find anything.

I want to know if anyone knows if the Guild Wars 2 CE on gamestop.com in the US right now is the pre purchase? All it says is pre order but it is after April 10th and Gamestop was listed as one of the sites selling the pre purchase.

Thanks

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure but I just posted in the one thread because bestbuy in my area is in the dark also about prepurchase.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 01:37 PM ----------

Also, I was in the store with my experience and they are trying to figure out wth is going on

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if your a person like me who lives 1 1/2 hours away from a gamestop store then your kinda screwed or is it fixed now? I had pre-ordered it from Gamestop and had everything and then after reading this i cancelled it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got off the phone with a Gamestop rep and he said that they are aware of the online problem and they are emailing the beta code 24hours after the pre-order is set up.

Yep, just got my code. So just so everyone knows, Gamestop ordering online is GTG.
    Last edited by jermo22; 2012-04-10 at 07:01 PM.

Yea i just got my code too in an email. I preordered on the site like 3 minutes after midnight of April 10th and just got the code now.

Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    Yep, just got my code. So just so everyone knows, Gamestop ordering online is GTG.
    Deleted my shit then so no one gets confused.

I prepurchased CE in the store, no code Anyone else do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Pre-purchased CE this way. They didn't have the code when I bought it, but I got a call a couple hours later and went in and the manager handed it to me on a new receipt. Successfully used it to sign up on register.guildwars2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Pre-purchased CE this way. They didn't have the code when I bought it, but I got a call a couple hours later and went in and the manager handed it to me on a new receipt. Successfully used it to sign up on register.guildwars2.com
    Good to hear, I'll probably stop over there again after work and see if they've figured things out/spend more time trying to get them straightened out.

GameStop is hilarious lol

I went in this morning, worked everything about with the employee there and managed to get a code. I used the code to register on the official site, and tied it to my GW1 account.

Like 6 hours later they call my cell phone and tell me I need to come back and fix things. They gave me a code but I guess I wasn't charged, so they had to cancel my other order, and then charge me again for a new order. This gave me another receipt with another code.

I'm gonna hold onto the code though because the first code I was given I don't really trust. The first receipt doesn't mention anything about the beta access, 3 day head start, or the ring. The code was also something I had to redeem on gamestop.com/redeem and then there it gave me the code to register on the guildwars2.com website.

The second receipt with the 2nd code mentions the 3 day head start, beta access, and the ring, and the code is the code I have to register on the guildwars2.com website, I don't need to redeem this one on gamestop.com/redeem. I'm gonna hold onto this code just to play it safe in case something happens with that first code and for some reason I don't get all my pre-purchase benefits.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-10 at 10:41 PM.

I just got mine. the manager who rang me up looked at my receipt after it printer to show me the code grumbled something like "not again" then took my receipt scanned it with register and made a duplicate receipt only the dupe had the code (something tells me this is not the first time today this happened.) you may want to go back to the store and have them do the same.

Does anyone know if you still get a beta key with a partial pre-order say the minimum (5$ I believe) preorder? Or does it need to be a full purchase of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    Just got off the phone with a Gamestop rep and he said that they are aware of the online problem and they are emailing the beta code 24hours after the pre-order is set up.

Ya, I ordered online around midnight, didn't get my key until 2pm today. To be on the safe side I went to a local Gamestop and just physically pre-ordered and got my key and cancelled my online pre-order through them. The good news is I can go to the midnight release if I want to and I'll also get it before I would have had it shipped to me even if I don't go to the midnight event. Bad news is that I'm going to have to stop playing to go drive and pick it up D:

edit: I'd like to make note that I cancelled my online pre-order around 10 and they still sent me a key for my cancelled online pre-order =/
    Bestbuy also has no idea about Collector's Editions even existing so ya, Gamestop is the only place to go.

The employees at my Gamestop didn't really know what was going on, they had to go into a link from the checkout that printed a different receipt with my beta code.

Quote Originally Posted by Pridefox View Post
    Does anyone know if you still get a beta key with a partial pre-order say the minimum (5$ I believe) preorder? Or does it need to be a full purchase of the game?
    Pre-purchase only, not preorder.
    And I got my key after work, apparently there's a glitch with the GS system that sometimes causes it to not print the code (or a pebcak issue)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-purchase only, not preorder.
    And I got my key after work, apparently there's a glitch with the GS system that sometimes causes it to not print the code (or a pebcak issue)
    I was talking to my local game stop guy about this bug and how a lot of people have had problems. He said they got a email with a code to put in on the computer to get the receipt to print out with the beta code. Probably when people were checking out their employee did not put in the code to print out the beta key or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Velkeri View Post
    I was talking to my local game stop guy about this bug and how a lot of people have had problems. He said they got a email with a code to put in on the computer to get the receipt to print out with the beta code. Probably when people were checking out their employee did not put in the code to print out the beta key or something.
    When I got my code (the second time I was there) I was told they had a backup code in case the computer didn't auto generate one the first time